08. You gave me a mountain
09. Priscilla dialogue
10. Softly as I leave you
11. Hound dog
12. American trilogy
13. It's now or never

CD 2 - Tracks:

01. Band introductions
02. Bringin' it back (by Voice, Elvis sings bass)
03. Aubrey (by Voice, Elvis recites the words)
04. Band introductions continued
05. It's now or never (2)
06. Let me be there
07. If you talk in your sleep
08. Drugs dialogue
09. Hawaiian wedding song
10. Jewelry dialogue
11. Can't help falling in love
12. Closing riff

Label: Fort Baxter 2200
Released: 1996
Sound quality: soundboard

Date: September 2, 1974 (closing night)
Jumpsuit: Mad tiger suit

Reviews: None yet, please submit
Pictures: 1

Albert
12-16-2004, 04:45 PM
http://www.tcb-world.com/files/listen.gif Audiosamples CD1:

Sonny
06-03-2006, 02:10 PM
http://www.tcb-world.com/files/listen.gif Audiosamples CD2:

my boy
08-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I HAVE NEVER BEEN STRUNG OUT IN MY LIFE.
Most Elvis fans know this concert some love it and some don't.I love this concert it's Elvis in the raw, but what you've got to remember is that it's a closing night show and he always got crazy on these shows,thats not to say there are some good performances too among the dialogue passages.

MICROPHONE DIALOG
This is just Elvis chatting to his band and making jokes about the Mic.

I GOT A WOMEN/AMEN
Only a OK version not bad.

KARATE DIALOG
Elvis introduces himself as Bill Cosby and then precedes to tell the audience about his karate skills and achievements.

UNTIL ITS TIME FOR YOU TO GO
A very average performance, only OK.

IF YOU LOVE ME [LET ME KNOW]
This is one of the good performances, very good great guitar from JB.

IT'S MIDNIGHT
Probably one of the best versions if not the best ever with Elvis saying, listen Cilla superb.

BIG BOSS MAN
A great rocking version.

YOU GAVE ME A MOUNTAIN
Great version with Elvis talking the words in places, this time lord you gave me a mountain, heartfelt.

PRISCILLA DIALOG
Elvis talks about his divorce from Priscilla his Stutz Black hawk cars and the story behind the song you gave me a mountain.

SOFTLY AS I LEAVE YOU
One of the most sweet tender songs ever recorded, amazing!

HOUND DOG
A standard run through.

AN AMERICAN TRILOGY
This version is different,but it's still got it's own charm, not bad.

IT'S NOW OR NEVER
Not bad, quite a loose version.

BAND INTRODUCTIONS
The best intros I have ever heard especially James Burton, Ronnie Tutt and Duke Bardwells solo spots,JB great wah-wah guitar shaft style and Elvis pushing Bardwells bass playing saying, go down to Louisiana there's alligator bait down there,gators got your granny, fantastic!

BRINGING IT BACK AND AUBREY BY VOICE
"Some of the finest voices in the world" says Elvis it's true,just listen to the song Aubrey, no wonder Elvis picked these guys.

IT'S NOW OR NEVER
Another version because Vikki Car missed the first one,nice version.

LET ME BE THERE
Not bad, Elvis voice a bit strained to-wards the end.

IF YOU TALK IN YOUR SLEEP
One of my favorites, low down and as funky as hell, great bass and JB wah -wah guitar superb.

DRUGS DIALOG
The infamous drugs speech "I've never been strung out in my life, I'll rip your god-dam tongue out by the roots".very interesting to listen to, this is why it's called "DESERT STORM".

HAWAIIAN WEDDING SONG
An OK performance.

JEWELRY DIALOG
More chat about jewelry and playing Vegas.

CANT HELP FALLING IN LOVE/CLOSING VAMP
A standard run through, an OK performance.

(y) A review by David Tinson.

elvisia
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi Albert, thank you so very much for posting about Desert storm, but you know it`s not "funny" anymore to just listen to small parts of each song, only knowing about the show from reading about it. How I wish that they could re-issue that show on cd, I`m tired of only get a little here and there, every time I just want to get that show even more. But anyway,thank you for posting the samples, the sound seems pretty good.

Unchained Melody
01-30-2007, 01:11 AM
I love the fact that UNTIL ITS TIME FOR YOU TO GO was performed here !! a favorite of mine well performed.

geordie
06-29-2008, 12:36 AM
hey albert, ive been in this site for a long time my friend, but for some reason never looked into this part of the site,
one question please, i have just purchased desert storm, i am actually listening to it now as i type. why is there no rating for this c.d.

p.s elvis introducing glenn hardin ( glenn, show them why youre here ) great

my boy
06-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Awesome show just listen to that fantastic James Burton "wah,wah" guitar during the intros–plus the funky, "If You Talk In Your Sleep"– one hell of a show!(y)

Johnny2523
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
i have this one

Diane
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank you for replying Tommy. Yes Desert Storm is the cd I was asking about. Not to be found at the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame, but I'll find it one of these days. My daughter did pick up Elvis Today which is one I had wanted to add to my collection.

Have a great day, Diane

elvia7
12-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you for replying Tommy. Yes Desert Storm is the cd I was asking about. Not to be found at the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame, but I'll find it one of these days. My daughter did pick up Elvis Today which is one I had wanted to add to my collection.

Have a great day, Diane

Happy you Dee !!!
I don't even see this CD :'(
My son will be try to purchase this ....We will see ;)

Have a nice time, Evi http://www.tcb-world.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53057&thumb=1&d=1322739339

_Elvis_
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I have this cd not original but the music is the same lol. I think i heard the drug dialogue for the first time on the dvd called the definitive collection
http://www.elvisnews.com/encyclopedia.aspx/import-list/desert-storm/88