PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Empire 4.5 Billion

Ampzilla
03-21-2007, 01:07 AM
The New York Post ran A story after Elvis died Elvis Empire 4.5 billion. So where did all the money go

Ampzilla

KPM
03-21-2007, 01:15 AM
I also saw a story back in 77 the title was
"$40 billion Generated in Lifetime" but after you read it it was not what Elvis alone had earned it was the estimate of income he generated for all involved- from RCA and movie studios, management/agents, souvenier sales (and the plants that make them),- literally anything which made income from his involvement. He did not make 4.5 billion nor $40 billion himself personally, but he could have very well have generated that type of income for all involved for his 23 year career up to his death. (and billions since)

franny
03-21-2007, 01:21 AM
It was also mentioned that Elvis had a lot of debt when he passed away...

franny

03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Elvis has less than $100,000 in his bank account when he died.

But.....

People should remember, when Elvis made a million he normally spent a million.

He was about to go out on tour and that woudl swell his account.

But it is true he wasn't as financially sound as he had been - even by the mid 70's he was much financially better off than he was when he died.

Those Presley courts drained some of the liquid income he had.

riley
03-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Elvis simply had to tour, even being a very ill man because he faced bankruptcy.

I sometimes wonder how much EPE has today.

I think it is a billion dollar empire now.

Lisa nor her children will ever have to work that hard like her dad did.:hmm:

elvis himselvis
03-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Elvis had almost no money left when he died so he had to tour all over the year...
Some people can't understand that,when they say why he didn't stop touring when he was so ill

marce_itec70
03-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Not. The Elvis Empire 4.5 Billion was real and for the money.
And because they do not want to keep up a very ill person he is death.
Elvis Presley did not know even his telephone number. All the money was in the hand of Vernon that faked when was youg.

Histories like
-Elvis had a lot of debt
-Elvis simply had to tour, even being a very ill man because he faced bankruptcy
-People should remember, when Elvis made a million he normally spent a million.

are foolish

Since his chilhood Elvis Presley was a child (8 years-old) exploited in the work.
We must add all the money that he had since chilhood.
Maybe my help can not fight the minds of the fans because between fan and fan we have many money. An one Elvis Presley bad and ill more money have.

KPM
03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Elvis has less than $100,000 in his bank account when he died.

But.....

People should remember, when Elvis made a million he normally spent a million.

He was about to go out on tour and that woudl swell his account.

But it is true he wasn't as financially sound as he had been - even by the mid 70's he was much financially better off than he was when he died.

Those Presley courts drained some of the liquid income he had.

I thought he had 2 seperate checking accounts each with a million in them according to a document I have with a copy of his will? Of course there were quite a few bills which would have come due after his funeral.

Joe Car
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
I thought he had 2 seperate checking accounts each with a million in them according to a document I have with a copy of his will? Of course there were quite a few bills which would have come due after his funeral.

I remember reading where he had just under a million dollars in his checking account, I don't remember reading about him having two checking accounts, though I could be wrong.

Ampzilla
03-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Elvis Had over A million in his ckecking account when he passed away

Ampzilla

KPM
03-22-2007, 01:50 AM
I remember reading where he had just under a million dollars in his checking account, I don't remember reading about him having two checking accounts, though I could be wrong.
Here is a report from 2002 in the Union Tribune:
When he died, he had $1.4 million in a non-interest-bearing checking account and about $750,000 in savings ? not exactly broke, but for an entertainer of his stature, not rich, either.

A probate court estimated his total worth at $7.6 million, and the estate's tax bills were as yet unsettled.
When I ordered a copy of his will in 78 I received several other papers which were not part of the will but were suppose to be an account of the assets of his estate. The "will is certified" but the other documents are not. I have also read, in several books, the 1 million figure as being in his checking account.

Jumpsuit Junkie
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Here is a report from 2002 in the Union Tribune:
When he died, he had $1.4 million in a non-interest-bearing checking account and about $750,000 in savings ? not exactly broke, but for an entertainer of his stature, not rich, either.

A probate court estimated his total worth at $7.6 million, and the estate's tax bills were as yet unsettled.
When I ordered a copy of his will in 78 I received several other papers which were not part of the will but were suppose to be an account of the assets of his estate. The "will is certified" but the other documents are not. I have also read, in several books, the 1 million figure as being in his checking account.

Even if Elvis had 2 million! this is small change for a man of his stature :hmm:

I believe the half a million quote comes from Priscilla when they decided to open up Graceland, after the funeral and the running costs for Graceland were a constant drain.

Joe Car
03-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Even if Elvis had 2 million! this is small change for a man of his stature :hmm:

I believe the half a million quote comes from Priscilla when they decided to open up Graceland, after the funeral and the running costs for Graceland were a constant drain.

There's is no doubt our guy enjoyed spending his money, god bless him.(y)

poormansgold
03-23-2007, 01:36 PM

this I hear alot the keep up on graceland was high, after Elvis father died, they close been broke, that's she opening graceland, I think It was best thing she done.
I think that if she didn't opening it, it's be sold to someone and be gone now and we never have thoses FTD releases and another's releases too

Suspicious Minds
03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
How did Elvis get in debt so much? Did the Colonel's gambling have anything to do with it?
If the estate was worth 4.5 billion $ where did it go. We all know Elvis liked spending it faster than he earnt it.

KPM
03-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Pretty sure His estate wasn't worth 4.5 billion, closer to 4.5 million and that was before taxes and bills which came due for funeral and all the extra expenses to keep Graceland running day to day.

beau stewart
03-25-2007, 06:01 AM
:hug: hang on every one he made and he spent is on all the people in his life and those on the out side. he did not count on being dead at 42 and long storey
short it was his money to do what he whanted to do and he always took care of evary one eles first!!

SHOW SAYETH THE SHEPPERD SO SAYETH THE FLOCK

TCB

BEAU

03-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Elvis should of taken a long hard look in the mirror in 1977 if he wasnt planning on being dead at 42, he sure was doing a good job at getting there with the way he treated his body and his lifestyle.

As for the quasi-biblical references about sheppards and flocks.....please spare us!