PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Alternate Aloha show

Ampzilla
03-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Right before Elvis starts to sing Can't Help Falling In Love in the Alternate Aloha show, Elvis seemed a bit pissed off at Charlie.
Maybe I am wrong
But Charlie certainly took his time when he put the cape around Elvis' shoulders

Ampzilla

elvisfan4ever
03-20-2007, 01:34 AM
:hmm: dont know didint notice that-i will check to see if i catch it -but i doubt elvis was ever pissed off at charlie for any reason-charlie was such a great person-one of the few good guys friends elvis ever had--he needed more friends like charlie in his life-aloha concerts were great-but really much overrated-phisically elvis looked like a god in 73 sang well too-but i can name a ton of concerts that were way better than the aloha concerts-like people complain about elvis early 76 concerts like lets say march 76-to sept 76 -well birminghan 76-atlanta 76 pittsburgh 76 were all better shows more entertaining than aloha -i guess only because of the fact that aloha was beamed all over the world -elvis fans consider it elvis all time best concert-but its not:king: :king: :king: still aloha was awesome -but elvis sang better in 76 and moved much more on stage than aloha- the december 76 tour kills most of elvis 73 concerts- what a shame that those goofey cbs people followed elvis for the june 77 special- -cameras should of been rolling during the december 76 tour - what a special that would of been imagine elvis in atlanta -pittsburgh -birmingham 76 - as the cbs 77 special woww what ashame it never happened :king:

dennyelvis
03-20-2007, 11:02 AM
I would like to ask about those dec.76 shows ... although i have them on audio [and he does sound in great form] when u see the CBS footage of him really trying to move, its dumb pitifull to see him struggle to even "shake"... compared to TTWIS .
Was he really moving well in Dec76 ? ... more than Aloha ? ... that would have made a great Special ... a December Tour ... WOW !

elvisfan4ever
03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I would like to ask about those dec.76 shows ... although i have them on audio [and he does sound in great form] when u see the CBS footage of him really trying to move, its dumb pitifull to see him struggle to even "shake"... compared to TTWIS .
Was he really moving well in Dec76 ? ... more than Aloha ? ... that would have made a great Special ... a December Tour ... WOW !hiya -well remember this is my opinion-but im sure many will agree-elvis in december 76 was in great shape he lost lots of weight-i would say the best he looked since june 75 . and he gave some of his greatest performances ever during that 76 tour-.as for 77 well we can forget about 77 he shouldint of been on stage during that year -- dont get me wrong aloha was great -but attanta 76 -pittsburgh and birmingham 76 were all better shows -i mean just the finale of cant help falling in love in atlanta 76 kicks the daylights out of aloha...in atlanta 76 he finishes his last song and gives the fans a spectacular karate display of about 1 minute bringing the house down-plays the piano moved a hell of alot more onstage than aloha.. in my books the 76 tour was better than aloha for sure -elvis was vocally better in 76 than in 73 --without a doubt had the cameras been rolling in dec 76 - at least it would of been a gazzillion times better than the june 77 special ......which i think will never be released on dvd -i dont think the presley people will ever allow that special to be seen by the public on dvd that is-as an official release never-thats why u only see the cbs special on bootleg dvd's -but had the special been the dec 76 tour it would of been released -because elvis was trimmed down looked and performed a gazzillion times better than 77-sang great and gave great performances some of his best they say-actually those were last great performances elvis gave - after the dec 76 tour sadly elvis fell into the regular routine all the spark was gone he just went trough the motions --the last glimpse of how great and magical elvis could be onstage when he felt like putting on a great show was during the dec 76 tour-forget the 77 tours he should of been in hospital not on a stage:king:

elvis himselvis
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I think those december 76 tours were very good.
But what i was wondering yesterday,was about the way Elvis looked in the Alternate concert and the real Aloha from hawaii concert.
I think Elvis looked very exhausted in the rehearsal concert,and 2 days later he looked fantastic.
very weird

Joe Car
03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
I think those december 76 tours were very good.
But what i was wondering yesterday,was about the way Elvis looked in the Alternate concert and the real Aloha from hawaii concert.
I think Elvis looked very exhausted in the rehearsal concert,and 2 days later he looked fantastic.
very weird

I thought he looked awesome for both shows, especially at the rehearsal concert where he was literally beaming the whole show. He was more serious for the Aloha, and given the stakes, understandbly so.

Tony Trout
03-20-2007, 04:12 PM
It was probably stress....but I do not agree that he looked his best for the rehearsal show....he looked much better in the actual telecast.

n-gageboy
03-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Well, Elvis actually was pissed of at Charlie for at least one time. I think it was in front of Graceland, slapping Charlie right into the face...
cheers

elvis himselvis
03-20-2007, 07:35 PM
neve heard that story...
In which year took this happen and why?

n-gageboy
03-20-2007, 07:54 PM
EDIT: Thanks for Joe Car!! I think i have thought about something else.. But thank you for enlighten us..

Cheers

Joe Car
03-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, Elvis actually was pissed of at Charlie for at least one time. I think it was in front of Graceland, slapping Charlie right into the face...
cheers

Apparently this happened on June 4th 1977, Elvis was giving Larry Geller and Kathy Westmoreland each a new car in front of Graceland, when a drunken Charlie mentioned that they were receiving what "he deserved," then wham, EP let Charlie have it! This as told by Larry Geller.

Unchained Melody
03-20-2007, 09:10 PM
On the rehearsal show, Elvis didn't have his hair done the way it was for the Aloha Special..it was kind of just combed back. Made a big difference in the way he looked. But to me, looked killer in both concerts(y) .

Ampzilla
03-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Don't forget those TV spot lights put out A lot of heat. Maybe Elvis lack of movement was because of that. He was already sweating A lot with out much body movement. Also the jumpsuit for aloha was much heaver the TTWI

1. You did is make up. His eyebrows are dull also the side burns are dull. While is hair is jet black

2. My brother watched it on A HDTV his comment Elvis had A lot of make on. He had A deep tan. So why so much make up. it make is face look dull (NO GLOW) You can see this on the first two songs. As the concert moves on he looks better. is skin has A glow (The make up for the 68 comeback was perfect)

The rule is if the make up is applyed right it should not look like you have make up on

Ampzilla

Ampzilla
03-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Thank Tom Paker For That

elvis himselvis
03-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Apparently this happened on June 4th 1977, Elvis was giving Larry Geller and Kathy Westmoreland each a new car in front of Graceland, when a drunken Charlie mentioned that they were receiving what "he deserved," then wham, EP let Charlie have it! This as told by Larry Geller.

Thanks for the information

elvis himselvis
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
On the rehearsal show, Elvis didn't have his hair done the way it was for the Aloha Special..it was kind of just combed back. Made a big difference in the way he looked. But to me, looked killer in both concerts(y) .

yeah it think you're right with that Cheif77...but i also think he looked more exhausted than on february 14 1973...but that's just mine opinion

Ampzilla
03-22-2007, 12:09 AM
hiya -well remember this is my opinion-but im sure many will agree-elvis in december 76 was in great shape he lost lots of weight-i would say the best he looked since june 75 . and he gave some of his greatest performances ever during that 76 tour-.as for 77 well we can forget about 77 he shouldint of been on stage during that year -- dont get me wrong aloha was great -but attanta 76 -pittsburgh and birmingham 76 were all better shows -i mean just the finale of cant help falling in love in atlanta 76 kicks the daylights out of aloha...in atlanta 76 he finishes his last song and gives the fans a spectacular karate display of about 1 minute bringing the house down-plays the piano moved a hell of alot more onstage than aloha.. in my books the 76 tour was better than aloha for sure -elvis was vocally better in 76 than in 73 --without a doubt had the cameras been rolling in dec 76 - at least it would of been a gazzillion times better than the june 77 special ......which i think will never be released on dvd -i dont think the presley people will ever allow that special to be seen by the public on dvd that is-as an official release never-thats why u only see the cbs special on bootleg dvd's -but had the special been the dec 76 tour it would of been released -because elvis was trimmed down looked and performed a gazzillion times better than 77-sang great and gave great performances some of his best they say-actually those were last great performances elvis gave - after the dec 76 tour sadly elvis fell into the regular routine all the spark was gone he just went trough the motions --the last glimpse of how great and magical elvis could be onstage when he felt like putting on a great show was during the dec 76 tour-forget the 77 tours he should of been in hospital not on a stage

Ampzilla
03-22-2007, 12:11 AM
hiya -well remember this is my opinion-but im sure many will agree-elvis in december 76 was in great shape he lost lots of weight-i would say the best he looked since june 75 . and he gave some of his greatest performances ever during that 76 tour-.as for 77 well we can forget about 77 he shouldint of been on stage during that year -- dont get me wrong aloha was great -but attanta 76 -pittsburgh and birmingham 76 were all better shows -i mean just the finale of cant help falling in love in atlanta 76 kicks the daylights out of aloha...in atlanta 76 he finishes his last song and gives the fans a spectacular karate display of about 1 minute bringing the house down-plays the piano moved a hell of alot more onstage than aloha.. in my books the 76 tour was better than aloha for sure -elvis was vocally better in 76 than in 73 --without a doubt had the cameras been rolling in dec 76 - at least it would of been a gazzillion times better than the june 77 special ......which i think will never be released on dvd -i dont think the presley people will ever allow that special to be seen by the public on dvd that is-as an official release never-thats why u only see the cbs special on bootleg dvd's -but had the special been the dec 76 tour it would of been released -because elvis was trimmed down looked and performed a gazzillion times better than 77-sang great and gave great performances some of his best they say-actually those were last great performances elvis gave - after the dec 76 tour sadly elvis fell into the regular routine all the spark was gone he just went trough the motions --the last glimpse of how great and magical elvis could be onstage when he felt like putting on a great show was during the dec 76 tour-forget the 77 tours he should of been in hospital not on a stage

Aloha show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget those TV spot lights put out A lot of heat. Maybe Elvis lack of movement was because of that. He was already sweating A lot with out much body movement. Also the jumpsuit for aloha was much heaver the TTWI

1. You did is make up. His eyebrows are dull also the side burns are dull. While is hair is jet black

2. My brother watched it on A HDTV his comment Elvis had A lot of make on. He had A deep tan. So why so much make up. it make is face look dull (NO GLOW) You can see this on the first two songs. As the concert moves on he looks better. is skin has A glow (The make up for the 68 comeback was perfect)

The rule is if the make up is applyed right it should not look like you have make up on

Ampzilla

Unchained Melody
03-22-2007, 02:50 AM
yeah it think you're right with that Cheif77...but i also think he looked more exhausted than on february 14 1973...but that's just mine opinion

You mean January 14th ;)

elvis himselvis
03-22-2007, 01:14 PM
hahaha
I'm sorry,was to quick with anwsering:blush: