PDA

View Full Version : Polk Salad Annie - FTD

Sonny
07-17-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm just waiting for Albert to add this title to the FTD section...

Just listened to it, not entirely yet, but most of it, and I must say this is one great CD.

The sound is outstanding and some of the inbetween dialogue is great.

At one point, just before Don't Cry Daddy, you can hear someone say (maybe Charlie Hodge) "that girl in front looks just like Priscilla".

Hound Dog features the "thought you were high class" verse!

Polk Salad Annie has Elvis breaking up, I wonder why... Nevertheless it's a great version.

See See Rider had some false starts and at the end you can hear Elvis say: 'We didn't do this that often...'
Wonderful, knowing what we know now...

Great CD!

Sonny

kennyelvis
07-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a very good cd :wiggle:
Everyone i have talked with, have only good thing to say about it.

E.L.V.I.S
07-20-2004, 02:00 AM
its the best FTD to date however not as good as 'jungleroom sessions'. The verse in houndog is real great to hear elvis sing and he really puts all his vocal and physical power into the whole concert.Wouldnt it be great to see more footage from '69 to '71 :'( :hmm:

Jungleroom76
07-26-2004, 04:11 AM
SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME CD!!! :D

Got my copy right after it was released, but because I am in the process of packing and moving, I have had NO time to pull out my copy and listen to it yet....but with what you are all saying about how great it is (especially with the extra verse in HOUND DOG), I guess I am going to have to FIND some time here soon to listen to it!!

Thanks for the info. on the CD!!! Can't wait to listen to it!! :wiggle:

TCB!
Mike

Lonniebealestreet
07-26-2004, 05:05 AM
I don't have this one yet, but I just may have to pick it up in a couple weeks in Memphis (90% sure now that I'm going). (y)

sam
07-26-2004, 05:10 AM
I don't have this one yet, but I just may have to pick it up in a couple weeks in Memphis (90% sure now that I'm going). (y)

Have fun in Memphis! Carolyn should be heading there soon. I can't remember what date she's leaving! :hmm: :flex:

:D

Jungleroom76
07-26-2004, 05:11 AM
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT ONE TO PICK UP BUDDY!! (y)

If I get a chance to listen to it before you go to Memphis, I'll let you know what I think of it!!!

TCB!
Mike

Lonniebealestreet
07-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Thanks, Sam. Yeah, hopefully I'll run into her, and some of the other friendly faces around here who are going.

Mike, please do.

Jungleroom76
07-26-2004, 05:27 AM
NO PROBLEM BUDDY!!! ;)

Now, if I can only find time to listen to the darn thing!!! :blink:

TCB!
Mike

Lonniebealestreet
07-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Man, where are your priorities? ;)

Jungleroom76
07-26-2004, 05:53 AM