03-13-2007, 01:21 PM
That's great new! (y)

Let's hope other countries will follow this domination :D

iamhekev
03-13-2007, 01:28 PM
No1 = FIT FOR A KING.(y)

mn-designs
03-13-2007, 01:43 PM
It's at the moment on the dutch dvd charts at number: 7 (from last week at number 8), also there is a lot commercials playing for this dvd on the dutch television...wich pays of in sales..

Elvis_Priestly
03-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm one of the ones that put it at #1, bought it last week!
I gotta say though I was disappointed with it, cheaply packaged and constantly interupted with talking heads - Didn't TTWII and CBS special teach us something, I want to see Elvis not anyone else. The interviews with the musicians would have been better as an extra feature.
Historically interesting and nice to see what the band look like now, but not enough Elvis. It didn't make me feel like I was there. And that limo buisness at the beginning was so crass, if you're going to do that use a 1970's limo at least not a prom night 2001 lincoln!
The sound quality is excellent though and its good as a cd rather than visually exciting as a dvd.
Its great its #1 though, and I've seen little or no promotion for it in UK, so how'd they manage that? Because its Elvis, so give us some more!

srj1967
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree with the comments about the DVD and the whole limo thing.

It's great news that it reached No.1 in the UK, but quite honestly, most music DVDs go to the No.1 slot upon their release (especially in the first week) regardless of the popularity or the talent of the artist/s involved.

This happens especially here in Australia, where artists need only to sell about 13 CDs to get a gold record!

elvis himselvis
03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Great news :clap:
Thanks for sharing Brian

jak
03-13-2007, 03:08 PM
The dvd is not without flaws but overall it's a good purchase.I was at that show in Memphis.It's hard to appreciate the overall atmosphere of that concert by just watching the video.The entrance with the limo was actually kinda cool when you were there.It was an electric atmosphere that night in Memphis.We all had a great time.If I remember correctly Priscilla mentioned that just previously Aerosmith and Kid Rock failed to sellout the Pyramid.It was a sellout that night of the Elvis concert.That got a big cheer from everyone.
Jak

Brian Quinn
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Having seen this Concert some 14 times here in the UK I think that the DVD is a good representation of it. The sound is very good, especially the opening 2001 Theme which still gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. There is not very much talking between the songs and the DVD is worth the money alone for the Bonus Feature - rap session between one of The Imperials, Ronnie Tutt and Joe Guercio.

Don't hesitate. Go out and buy it. If you have seen the Concert it is a great keepsake. If you haven't then you can find out what you have missed.

For me, the only negative aspect is James Burton's outfit - it looks as though he is wearing a pair of pyjamas - way over the top!!

Brian :D