PDA

View Full Version : Which song??

Polk-Salad-Annie
03-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I don't know if this topic has been started before.
So i would ask this question:

Imagine if you had to tell Elvis which song he had to record next, what song would you ask Elvis to record?.
The song i would love to have seen Elvis record would be a song from Garth Brooks called THE DANCE.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/Karate_Dragon/garth_brooks.jpg

EP6873
03-02-2007, 08:32 AM
"She's Out of My Life" by Michael Jackson or "Nessun Dorma" by Luciano Pavarotti.

MauriceColgan
03-02-2007, 09:57 AM
"The Anniversary Waltz", It would have been a classic and perhaps the anthem for people's wedding Anniversaries (Although Elvis's marriage failed:blush: )

Al Jolson sang it well in the movie....... "The Jolson Story" ?

Al Jolson also recorded "Are You Lonesome Tonight". :)

elvis himselvis
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Mr. Bojangles

elvislady
03-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Whats new pussy cat.
elvislady(y)

Menwithbrokenhearts
03-04-2007, 09:13 AM

Imagine if you had to tell Elvis which song he had to record next, what song would you ask Elvis to record?.
The song i would love to have seen Elvis record would be a song from Garth Brooks called THE DANCE.

That's a great one! Alot of Garth Brooks songs would have been appropriate. Country rock/ballads like Elvis was already doing and headed to.

dennyelvis
03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I think id go for a beauty [and moving] song called "The living years" ... i think he would really lend passion to this ..

Jumpsuit Junkie
03-04-2007, 05:05 PM
"Angels" by Robbie Williams, you may or may not like Robbie but this song is powerful.

Download HERE (http://www.tcb-world.com/elvispictures/Ep%20picture%20galleries%20home/robbie%20williams%20-%20angels%20(1).mp3)

KPM
03-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I always wanted to hear Elvis do "Heartache Tonight" the Eagles song. It seemed to have grit to it that Elvis could get his teeth into.

elvis1970nl
03-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Rock n Roll All Night - KISS

Great song, great lyrics a song to fit our hero

elvisville
03-04-2007, 09:59 PM
i'm not sure about which one i would choose, but i woulda loved to have heard him singing It Feels Like I'm In Love, the Kelly Marie song that was intended for him
and lets not forget Fire Down Below

hounddog
03-04-2007, 10:17 PM
You're My World, Sixteen Tons

Polk-Salad-Annie
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
"Angels" by Robbie Williams, you may or may not like Robbie but this song is powerful.

I am not a big fan of Robbie Williams, but i do like that song.(y) (y)

Dudcowboy_1
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I know he was going record "Rainny Night In Georgia" on his next recordings I forgot what book I read hearing that. I love to see him sing that one it would have been beautiful!

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

IM4Elvis
03-05-2007, 04:20 PM
I would love to have heard Elvis do a cover of, "Old Time Rock 'n' Roll" (y)

IM

ilovelvis
03-06-2007, 12:11 AM
I have always wanted to hear Elvis sing Dobie Grey's Drift Away.

pete dube
03-06-2007, 04:09 AM
The Circle Is Small - Gordon Lightfoot
Love's Me Like a Rock - Paul Simon
Fooled Around and Fell In Love - Elvin Bishop
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters
Don't Look Now - CCR
Without You - Harry Nilson

MISSCLAWDY
03-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Well , as I think Elvis' version of My Way really rocks and it's better than the Frankie one , I'd like to hear his version of New York , New York!

ColinB
03-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I would have liked him to do 'proper' studio versions of some songs he only did live, in rehearsal or informally..........

Blowin' in the Wind
Tennessee Waltz
Tumbling Tumbleweed
See See Rider
Never Been To Spain
You've Lost That Loving Feeling
I Shall Be Released
Walk a Mile in my Shoes

......well, you get the picture

elvisfan4life
03-06-2007, 06:07 PM

Oh yeah ~ that would be so cool!!! :D :D :D

Lisarose
03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
So many! These ones for sure!!:D
Crazy Little Thing called Love - Queen
Legs - ZZ Top(y)
You Sang to Me - Marc Anthony
Who says You Can't Go Home - Bon Jovi
Gimme All Your Lovin - ZZ Top

Snagglepuss
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd be a legend in my time (Alt take) Waylon Jennings.

Waylon covers Suspicious minds well I think Elvis would do this song justice.

vinceeverrette
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
I would never tell Elvis to record anything. I haven't sold any records. I would just wait and see and buy it the day it came out.

SeeSeeRider777
07-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Touch Me by the doors would have sounded great.

elvisia
07-04-2007, 08:11 AM
I`m sure that Elvis would have done a wonderful job on "The great Pretender"

Elvisia

rhythmknights
08-10-2007, 04:52 AM
(y)Took me awhile to find this thread! I was driving home from work tonight & I hear Mary Chapin Carpenter singing Passionate Kisses. I would love to have heard Elvis sing this song! (or maybe I'd just love to hear him sing 'shouldn't I have this ann-nn-nd passionate kisses from you!' & he'd be singing this to me! :blush:) I know he would have loved this song!

Merry
08-10-2007, 01:28 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

"Keep The Faith"

Bon Jovi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmHWXlffaD4

ly:wub:
Kim
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The King's Queen
08-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Hmmm...this is a good one! (y)

Perhaps:

"I Will Always Love You"...originally done by Dolly Parton. There was talk once of Elvis actually doing the song, but the issue of royalties and/or all the "sticky" stuff couldn't be worked out satisfactory to both parties...so it was a no go. Ahhh...but I can hear him singing it in my mind, and of course, he is singing it directly to ME!!!! :P lol...

Merry
08-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Hmmm...this is a good one! (y)

Perhaps:

"I Will Always Love You"...originally done by Dolly Parton. There was talk once of Elvis actually doing the song, but the issue of royalties and/or all the "sticky" stuff couldn't be worked out satisfactory to both parties...so it was a no go. Ahhh...but I can hear him singing it in my mind, and of course, he is singing it directly to ME!!!! :P lol...

LOL, well, I also like "I Honestly Love You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6tBYUiWKQ&mode=related&search (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6tBYUiWKQ&mode=related&search)=

Have done for many years, one of my other albums, of three, from when I was little.

For Elvis,

Kimmi

geordie
08-10-2007, 02:49 PM
lately by stevie wonder