PDA

View Full Version : Elvis is everywhere....

bittersuite
02-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I was attending mass in my church today and I could hardly keep a straight face when the priest gave his sermon all about Elvis (y) He was just basically telling people what Elvis had achieved through the years and even with all he had, he was still a lonely man etc.
I just couldn't believe that I was sitting in the church and the priest was talking about Elvis - it just proves no matter where you go, Elvis is everywhere :D

tocancun
02-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Too funny!

I will have to mention that to our Pastor and see if he can't spice up his homilies with a little Elvis info!

poormansgold
02-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I been Trying Tell People That For Years , Elvis Still touched some people All over World, In UK He still number one Singer There, In USA he not that much, In South states He Is. I live In one and been in few south States , In Tennesssee he still number one, we hear Him On Radio alot about 5 songs pr. date. around Christmas time It's more that, they play his Christmas songs Alot here.
He is dead, but He lives on forever, long as we keep his music going on.
Tom

Elvis_Priestly
02-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I was attending mass in my church today and I could hardly keep a straight face when the priest gave his sermon all about Elvis (y) He was just basically telling people what Elvis had achieved through the years and even with all he had, he was still a lonely man etc.
I just couldn't believe that I was sitting in the church and the priest was talking about Elvis - it just proves no matter where you go, Elvis is everywhere :D

:D :D :clap: (y) (y):clap: :D :D
I AM a priest, and I do too, and look where I am on a Sunday afternoon! Ask my parishioners to name something about me and I bet they'd tell you Elvis!
(ps I'm the one without the hat below ;) )

Elvis Priestly

bittersuite
02-25-2007, 02:40 PM
This week I'm going to make a CD for the priest of the gospel songs. He plays other gospel singers every week at mass, so I'm hoping if I give him this Elvis cd, he might start playing them as well ;)

Merry
02-25-2007, 02:45 PM
This week I'm going to make a CD for the priest of the gospel songs. He plays other gospel singers every week at mass, so I'm hoping if I give him this Elvis cd, he might start playing them as well ;)

Hi Bittersuite,

This is a wonderful thing to do!

Jess

diamond
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM

That Elvis Priestly chap gets everywhere :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sorry Father Conor.........just kidding :P

Diane
02-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Right Diamond, and I hope you keep on getting everywhere Father Conor:D You've been a great asset on this site! Your posts are alternately insightful and entertainting.(y)

Elvis_Priestly
02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
That Elvis Priestly chap gets everywhere :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sorry Father Conor.........just kidding :P

Just wait till I'm in charge at "The Vegitan" then you'll be sorry!

Elvis_Priestly
02-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Right Diamond, and I hope you keep on getting everywhere Father Conor:D You've been a great asset on this site! Your posts are alternately insightful and entertainting.(y)

Thank you diane, you can be on the balcony for that ;)

MauriceColgan
02-25-2007, 05:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/MauriceColgan/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbb007.jpg

From Saturday's Irish Times newspaper, maybe 200,000 saw the advert?

With the posters on the theatre many hundreds of thousands more will see it in Dublin city centre.

Yes Elvis is everywhere!

KPM
02-25-2007, 06:34 PM
In 1976 I went to a small General Baptist Church. At a revival an Evangelist named, Glen Crowe, brought up Elvis in his service. He said he knew people in Memphis who toured with Elvis(he would not give names)
He said Elvis told them several times he was trying to figure away to devote his life to God. That he was tired of feeling he was not living up to what God wanted him to do, and they could see others, who depended on Elvis for a living, did not want to see it happen and worked against it.
(he again would not name names because I asked him later in the church kitchen point blank who was involved. He would not say because he promised if he used it in a sermon he would keep quiet on Identities.)
But for an Elvis fan to be in revival and the subject ends up being Elvis it was a little spooky.

Elvis_Priestly
02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
From Saturday's Irish Times newspaper, maybe 200,000 saw the advert?

With the posters on the theatre many hundreds of thousands more will see it in Dublin city centre.

Yes Elvis is everywhere!

Nice one Maurice! Did they give any other tour dates or info, was wondering if its going to come this side of the Irish Sea?

Elvis_Priestly
02-25-2007, 06:41 PM
In 1976 I went to a small General Baptist Church. At a revival an Evangelist named, Glen Crowe, brought up Elvis in his service. He said he knew people in Memphis who toured with Elvis(he would not give names)
He said Elvis told them several times he was trying to figure away to devote his life to God. That he was tired of feeling he was not living up to what God wanted him to do, and they could see others, who depended on Elvis for a living, did not want to see it happen and worked against it.
(he again would not name names because I asked him later in the church kitchen point blank who was involved. He would not say because he promised if he used it in a sermon he would keep quiet on Identities.
But for an Elvis fan to be in revival and the subject ends up being Elvis it was a little spooky.

Great story KPM, and would suit a few threads on here at the moment.
I guess all ministers have to have that "confessional seal" so people can trust they can tell you something without being compromised themselves.

MauriceColgan
02-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Nice one Maurice! Did they give any other tour dates or info, was wondering if its going to come this side of the Irish Sea?

I don't know, Elvis :-)

I think Kevin Doyle has a website..we could check it out, or the Irish Fan club?

Kevin Did an Elvis special on Irish TV last Christmas.............not the best :-(

Frank Chisum from NI was quite good but he retired some years ago. None were anyway near Elvis of course :-)

EDIT
http://www.elvisthewayitwas.com/ Kevin Doyle website

diamond
02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Just wait till I'm in charge at "The Vegitan" then you'll be sorry!

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Hope you get your wish ;)

Diane, couldn't agree more, it's great having Father Conor here.

A great Guy to ''talk'' to as well (y)

diamond
02-25-2007, 07:17 PM
(he again would not name names because I asked him later in the church kitchen point blank who was involved. He would not say because he promised if he used it in a sermon he would keep quiet on Identities.)

I fully believe that story, the only thing I find spooky about anything to do with Elvis and Religion, is how on Earth one of the Stanley Brothers ended up being an Evangalist :doh:

Elvis_Priestly
02-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't know, Elvis :-)

I think Kevin Doyle has a website..we could check it out, or the Irish Fan club?

Kevin Did an Elvis special on Irish TV last Christmas.............not the best :-(

Frank Chisum from NI was quite good but he retired some years ago. None were anyway near Elvis of course :-)

EDIT
http://www.elvisthewayitwas.com/ Kevin Doyle website

Cheers for that. I never got to see Frank Chisum, was too young, but was really lucky when I first got into Elvis, the local record store was run by his backing singer and manager and they had a HUGE collection of Elvis vinyls, real Elvis fans and really helpful to a young Elvis fan.

KPM
02-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Ricky Stanley came to a church near here a few years back and in the ads it said under his name-"Elvis Presleys Brother" I did not go to see him and don't know what his sermon or preaching was like but that gave me
" pause", the way it was advertised.

Lisarose
02-27-2007, 04:30 AM
I was watching two different pastors impersonating Elvis on YouTube the other day & now this on the Forum!! :lol: so cool.
Way to go Elvis Priestly. (y)
The first Elvis CD I bought was Elvis His Hand in Mine. I wanted to listen to Gospel music as I did my bible studies. As I teach my Sunday School kids, I usually have my CD player with an Elvis CD:king: of course. The guys ask me what I'm listening to & I say, Well I'm a big Elvis fan. They always tell me they are too & ask to listen to what I have. They are amazed as they've never heard of the music I have. I remind them that Elvis performed over 400 different songs.
BTW, does anyone know just how many Elvis songs there are so I can give them a correct number?:hmm:

Elvis_Priestly
02-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I was watching two different pastors impersonating Elvis on YouTube the other day & now this on the Forum!! :lol: so cool.
Way to go Elvis Priestly. (y)
The first Elvis CD I bought was Elvis His Hand in Mine. I wanted to listen to Gospel music as I did my bible studies. As I teach my Sunday School kids, I usually have my CD player with an Elvis CD:king: of course. The guys ask me what I'm listening to & I say, Well I'm a big Elvis fan. They always tell me they are too & ask to listen to what I have. They are amazed as they've never heard of the music I have. I remind them that Elvis performed over 400 different songs.
BTW, does anyone know just how many Elvis songs there are so I can give them a correct number?:hmm:

Hi LisaRose, couple of years ago I did a little project to make a folder on my pc with an mp3 of every seperate song Elvis recorded based on "Elvis: His Life From A-Z" and theres 687 in there. This doesn't include different versions of individual songs just different individual songs. I believe there might be a few more out there.

Lisarose
03-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi LisaRose, couple of years ago I did a little project to make a folder on my pc with an mp3 of every seperate song Elvis recorded based on "Elvis: His Life From A-Z" and theres 687 in there. This doesn't include different versions of individual songs just different individual songs. I believe there might be a few more out there.

:D Thank you. Wow that's a lot of songs!!