PDA

View Full Version : Graceland ???

JonRomanovich
02-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Kind of a strange/dumb question:

Did the foyer/entry way originally have carpet when Elvis was alive?
Is there carpeting there now? I can't remember..
Thanks

stefankoch
02-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Yes it has a brown carpet and its the original that Elvis put in there in `74.

JonRomanovich
02-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Thank you. For whatever reason, I kept thinking there was tile where the public walks now.

memphis 77
02-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Yes it has a brown carpet and its the original that Elvis put in there in `74.

it was red shag-as was the decor of all downstairs .

stefankoch
02-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Nope you are wrong there it was red untill July `74 then Elvis changed it with a brown carpet in the front entry.

memphis 77
02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Nope you are wrong there it was red untill July `74 then Elvis changed it with a brown carpet in the front entry.

the red shag tha was part of the 74 decor remained until march of 82, before it was changed over to late 50's decor-white for opening of tours , PAUL MC LEOD[GRACELAND TOO] has pics of the interior shots that were taken for THIS IS ELVIS [81] and it is also clearly seen in the movie.

stefankoch
02-22-2007, 09:31 PM
It was brown from July `74 - 16 August `77 and white in the living room.
From `71 - `74 it was red all over the ground floor even in the kitchen.
In This is Elvis they changed it to red because all the furnitures they had in the house`back in `80`s was from the early `70`s and they did`nt think it will match the furniture with brown carpet.

memphis 77
02-23-2007, 06:26 AM
It was brown from July `74 - 16 August `77 and white in the living room.
From `71 - `74 it was red all over the ground floor even in the kitchen.
In This is Elvis they changed it to red because all the furnitures they had in the house`back in `80`s was from the early `70`s and they did`nt think it will match the furniture with brown carpet.

i don't know where you got that info, on the 17th of august 77 when i passed the house to view him lying in state, the whole front foyer/living area was in red shag -no brown whatsoever, the home/furnishings from the 74 decor was not altered for the movie THIS IS ELVIS , until march of 82 before they opened for tours, sorry but your info is dead wrong.

Menwithbrokenhearts
02-25-2007, 07:28 AM
i don't know where you got that info, on the 17th of august 77 when i passed the house to view him lying in state, the whole front foyer/living area was in red shag -no brown whatsoever, the home/furnishings from the 74 decor was not altered for the movie THIS IS ELVIS , until march of 82 before they opened for tours, sorry but your info is dead wrong.

HI, It was red when he died. My uncle Johnny help lay it, don't remember the date, I'll have to ask him. There are also pictures taken by a friend of Linda's that show it. And, thirdly, My Mom, her friend , my brother and I went up for the viewing , although my brother and I did not go in, but I clearly remember alot of red and gold.

Dovey
02-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Wow, thanks for posting Menwithbrokenhearts... I guess now we know for sure.. (y) (y) Dovey;)