PDA

View Full Version : *Elvis Themed* DOLCE&GABANNA Fall/Winter 2007 Mens Fashion Show

mjgirl
02-19-2007, 02:39 AM
Hey guys,

I just came across this on youtube....I think it's pretty **************** cool. You think Danielle Riley might have helped inspire this....after all, she did work for Dolce. Regardless, it's a pretty cool way to show off out man!

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyev_hc_A-I
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oHH2olXGNQ

Raised on Rock
02-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Well I guess if ELvis would be 25 today, he may get some stuff from that collection. Any way it's cool to hear some Elvis for something like this, i mean, who's the male SEX SYMBOL that REDEFINED FASHION for the last 50 years?

elvis himselvis
02-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I think it's great they have used an elvis song

Dovey
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't know who inspired it... but I think it is a great idea and song. Dovey :D

Diane
02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I think it was a great idea too - anything tasteful that keeps Elvis' image alive is okay in my book!(y) Diane

Raised on Rock
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Does anybody notice how this collection could be inspired in Elvis himself? this is all kind of similar to what Elvis used to wear around '60 '61 and ah, certain '66 movie?

Raised on Rock
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Here are some more photos related.

Diane
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
You're right Raisedonrock, the clothing designs could very well have been inspired by Elvis. You did some nice research there!:) (y)

Raised on Rock
02-21-2007, 06:09 AM
You're right Raisedonrock, the clothing designs could very well have been inspired by Elvis. You did some nice research there!:) (y)

Look at the SHoes he's wearing in the first photo and the kind of shoes the models are wearing on the You Tube video.

We should try to find out if DG was or not thinking on E.P. by doing this collection, its to much of a coincidence I think.

mjgirl
02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Yea....I agree that there is a similarity between Elvis's style and the DG collection. You might have noticed that some of the guys even wore the Elvis style sunglasses! I think it was intentional. :)

mjgirl
02-21-2007, 10:48 PM
:) Check out the similarities to Elvis's style in the pic I attatched!

Pretty cool...

Lisarose
02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
These can't be coincidental! The Jailhouse Rock/Guitar Man scaffolding. The big gold ornate beltbuckles, scarves, sunglasses & of course the music. They were inspired by Elvis for this collection. I will always remember this as the Suspicious Mind Collection.

TCE
02-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Maybe their Elvis-fan too. Who knows! But it's great that Elvis is everywhere and the simularities are there.

Christel (TCE)

Merry
02-28-2007, 12:04 AM
These can't be coincidental! The Jailhouse Rock/Guitar Man scaffolding. The big gold ornate beltbuckles, scarves, sunglasses & of course the music. They were inspired by Elvis for this collection. I will always remember this as the Suspicious Mind Collection.

Looking at the video, there is no doubt about it in my mind, it is a tribute to Elvis, but they still aren't nailing his style! (See the pants falling down the model's backside {purposely for "fashion", I realise, lol} when the model turned around? lol)

Jess

Lisarose
03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Jess, I had to laugh. I wonder why none of them did the Elvis walk - ya know, coming in sideways at the end of the runway, and perhaps a little lunge!

Merry
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Jess, I had to laugh. I wonder why none of them did the Elvis walk - ya know, coming in sideways at the end of the runway, and perhaps a little lunge!

That would have made a great show! lol Good point!

Jess