PDA

View Full Version : are you happy with ftd label

memphis 77
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
since it's inception in 99ftd has put out some great releases over the years .my faves being [jungle room, revamped memphis album, one night, spring tours,] great releases and essential no doubt, but i would still love to see others, quite a bit more actually, as i said would love to have all original albums revamped, [all master tracks], i would also love to see/have a complete set of the american sessions-every track, rehersal etc..[this would be a great special product], to have the rehersals of him doing -can't help... which was recorded, and a real beauty of a version, also would love to see a release of the last performance-indy 77[even if all we can get right now would be the audience recording from adios cd, maybe a tie in with a great photo book, of curse my list is long , so how would you rate ftd on a scale of 1-10, are you still happy with both ernst and semon, and if you were in charge what would your plans/projects wish list be.?

poormansgold
02-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Will I'm little not Happy With FTD, IK wish That they go with Music Market more, That Few us can get those Cd's with out paying two arms and two legs.
The Releases I'm Happy with. they are doing there best they got.

elvis himselvis
02-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I think FTD is doing a great job

thehillbillycat
02-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I am not really happy with it. They are not release on the average music market. I meaning they can do the same business if they put them out for all to see and know about. I have seen countless of Elvis fans who would like to get a copy of New Years Eve but they don't want to pay that much for it. They went to that show and they don't want to pay alot of money for only two cds and a booklet. They can see paying like 20 dollars for it but not over 30 dollars for a cd. They are sticking with the import market where they can get the New Years Eve show for about 22 or 23 dollars.

poormansgold
02-16-2007, 07:38 PM
you Right On that, You Said It better I can.
Tom

iamhekev
02-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Very happy in the past 2 years or so,as the music has been better mixed for me...Looking forward to seeing the ELVIS IN CONCERT getting the FTD treatment...Songs with no over dubs etc,just RAW EP and the band.

02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm very happy with the FTD label.

The label was created to release records to 'the fans' and I am happy with it.

FTD can't go into the main market because it wasnt designed to mass produce or to mass market it's products - it's focus is on the niche Elvis market.

The products are available through Graceland and also online retailers like Amazon. I don't see there being a problem with availability - the label never set out to be available in shops.

I doubt FTD is going to release whole sessions in their entirety - it's bad business sense as they only have a limited product which diminishes with each piece of new material that they release.

The products may be more expensive than bootlegs - which is the market FTD is essentially targeting - but the quality of the product is superior overall.

People should understand why FTD was set up and also it's aims and objectives - it seems some people think the label is more than it actually is.

Without Ernsts hard work Elvis's catalogue would still be mismanaged by BMG as they did for years and we probabaly wouldent even have an FTD label for people to criticise.

I give them 10/10 for their work and about 8/10 for the label in general.