PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Jumpsuits

presley
02-16-2007, 05:18 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/jennabackstrom/suits1xx2og0.jpg

Elvis Jumpsuits: All Access Will Officially Open In Early March.

Angie from the Graceland Archives says:

"We've spent nearly a year now in planning and research for the design of the exhibit, but the installation date is almost here. Just a few last minute lists to go over to make sure we have everything we need to make this happen. The most difficult task is behind us.

We pre-dressed ALL 58 mannequins for a photo shoot a few weeks ago. We'll soon be posting some of the photos for Insiders. The photos are going to be used in our very first exhibit catalog that will be available to purchase in March. It was an amazing site seeing all of these performance costumes in one room.

We have all gotten really good at dressing Elvis. In fact, we can now dress a mannequin in about 10 minutes.
Jerry Schilling said that is faster then Elvis could have dressed himself for a concert. We are all feeling so proud. This exhibit has been so much fun and such an honor to put together. I can't wait for the installation to see all of these elements
finally come together".

Amy from the graphic design team says:

"The new jumpsuit exhibit has been an exciting project to work on. I helped set up for the photo shoot and some of the costumes that will be on display, I had never seen before.

To be so close to the costumes and see the detail and workmanship that went into these suits was just amazing. As we were developing the exhibit logo I wanted it to reflect the strong colors and impact of the jumpsuit designs, as well as represent
the era when Elvis wore them on stage. I know all of you are going to love this exhibit.

We are starting to layout the exhibit catalog and choosing which jumpsuit photos and which photos of Elvis we will be using. As soon as we have some mock ups of the inside, we'll post them here. For now, here is the very first look at the official
logo for the exhibit!"

2007/02/09 EPE / www.epgold.com

srj1967
02-16-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm going back to Graceland in July.

As a jumpsuit fan for many years, I cannot wait to see this! (y)

Thanks for posting this one.

stefankoch
02-16-2007, 10:06 AM
It looks awesome :clap: I hope its there March 22 because.....you know....... I will be at Graceland for 10 days :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dovey
02-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, sure does look awesome :clap: :clap: Dovey ;)

Jumpsuit Junkie
02-16-2007, 08:31 PM
This is an awesome picture, I gonna have to go to Graceland now (y)

Looking at the very top image on this picture! Can you see the infinished Jumpsuit that Elvis was supposed to wear in August 77?

elvis himselvis
02-16-2007, 09:51 PM
woooow
sounds great
are it jumpsuits who elvis really wore or are it replica's?

cprimm
02-17-2007, 03:47 AM
This is an awesome picture, I gonna have to go to Graceland now (y)

Looking at the very top image on this picture! Can you see the infinished Jumpsuit that Elvis was supposed to wear in August 77?

Yes, I thought the same thing. I have some more pictures from All Access that I tried to post of the jumpsuits but they are in the bitmap format and I can't attach them. Is it possible change the format?

Jumpsuit Junkie
02-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Yes, I thought the same thing. I have some more pictures from All Access that I tried to post of the jumpsuits but they are in the bitmap format and I can't attach them. Is it possible change the format?

The simplist way to change the format is to open the image in "Paint" go to start/programs/accessories/Paint then go to file/save as. There should be a box, there is the option to "save as type" the just select JPEG (y)

Tony Trout
02-17-2007, 11:16 AM
woooow
sounds great
are it jumpsuits who elvis really wore or are it replica's?

They are definitely the real thing and not replicas!

And believe me...these suits are magnificent to look at in person...the pictures just don't do them justice!!

cprimm
02-17-2007, 11:47 AM
http://www.elvisinsiders.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000824

elvis himselvis
02-17-2007, 06:27 PM
thank you Tony
You really helped me
I want to go to graceland,i really want to see all those jumpuits...but it won't happen

Tony Trout
02-17-2007, 07:25 PM
thank you Tony
You really helped me
I want to go to graceland,i really want to see all those jumpuits...but it won't happen

Never say "never", my friend. I thought I'd never get to go to Graceland but a couple of dear lady friends of mine took me to Graceland as a Christmas gift 'bout five years ago....and it truly was an unforgettable experience!!

elvis himselvis
02-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Tony

thanks for your understanding,but i meant that i'm not going to Graceland,because i was there in October of 2006,and it's very expensive for me to fly to Memphis from Amsterdam:P

Tony Trout
02-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Tony

thanks for your understanding,but i meant that i'm not going to Graceland,because i was there in October of 2006,and it's very expensive for me to fly to Memphis from Amsterdam:P

Oh...LOL! I didn't realize that you'd been to Graceland before...my bad...

elvis himselvis
02-18-2007, 04:26 PM
hahah
never mind;)