PDA

View Full Version : George Klein book update...

franny
02-15-2007, 02:42 AM
I just saw this on EIN...

I'm guessing that a lot of books, including Sonny West, Linda Thompson and others, will have their books out by or after Elvis' 30th Anniversary...has anyone heard any updates on these books?

franny

George Klein book update: Due for release November 1, 2007 is the book"Elvis Presley The Family Album" by George Klein. This hardcover book contains 144 pages and will be published by Little Brown and Company (ISBN-10: 0316003506 / ISBN-13: 978-0316003506). (News, Source: Amazon.ca /Elvis News)

Tony Trout
02-15-2007, 10:55 AM
I thought George's book was to be titled, "Elvis: My Best Man"??

:hmm: :hmm:

jak
02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
George is a good guy but I would pass on his book.Just my thoughts anyway.
Jak

Jumpsuit Junkie
02-15-2007, 04:25 PM
George is a good guy but I would pass on his book.Just my thoughts anyway.
Jak

I don't think there will be anything in there that will rock the boat, and yes he is one of the good guys who doesn't release a book every other year to cash in.

JDD
02-15-2007, 05:03 PM
I will be buying it, but it already doesn't sound like what I had expected , 144 pages. He's already given away so much of it on Sirius.

Tony Trout, I think he has mentioned recently they (the publisher) nixed that name saying it was too in their opinion in name to the Tape/DVD Esposito released , and that it makes it sound too much to the like its a book about GK's wedding . Seems silly to me but its not the first time I've heard someone have to change a book title because the Publisher didn't like it.

Tony Trout
02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Tony Trout, I think he has mentioned recently they (the publisher) nixed that name saying it was too in their opinion in name to the Tape/DVD Esposito released , and that it makes it sound too much to the like its a book about GK's wedding . Seems silly to me but its not the first time I've heard someone have to change a book title because the Publisher didn't like it.

Ahh.....I see.....thanks for the explanation....(y)

ukfan
02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
I will definitely be buying it, but from what I had been hearing him say on Sirius, 144 pages is certainly not what I expected. Over the course of interviews or responding to questions from callers or email, Klein would say "that will all be discussed in a chapter in my book".

KPM
02-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Well GK has been there from day one, so I'll probably get a copy form the local library when its out. If has pictures I've never seen or is such a great read I have to have it, I'll buy one.