PDA

View Full Version : Bill Bixby "Is Elvis Alive" Television Specials.....

Tony Trout
02-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm looking for the two "Is Elvis Alive" television specials that Bill Bixby did in the late 1990s....if anybody can help me find copies of these shows I sure would appreciate it.

tom from glasgow
02-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I May Have Them In My Attic. At Present I Am Trying To Convert All My Videos To Dvd. Keep Me In Mind And I'll Get Them To You As Soon As I Can. E-mail Me If You Wish

Tony Trout
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I May Have Them In My Attic. At Present I Am Trying To Convert All My Videos To Dvd. Keep Me In Mind And I'll Get Them To You As Soon As I Can. E-mail Me If You Wish

Thank you, Tom. I am correct in thinking that there are two of these television specials, right??

ajr
02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
http://mediamax.com/moodyblue/elvisfiles.wmv

It takes a good 5 minutes to download these ;even with DSL.
This is both of them; 2 hours long.
Feel free to copy them.

Good luck, enjoy .:)

thehillbillycat
02-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Yes, there were two specials:
The Elvis Files was the first which deals with Is Elvis Alive? Bill Bixby tells you the viewer and the audience to keep a open mind about what you hear. This is available on VHS and I have a copy of it. PM and we might work out something.

The Elvis Conspiracy was the second and is a hard to find item. Only shown once on TV and was put on VHS and then it was pulled off the market. Even IMDB.com doesn't even list it on their datebase. So in minds that this doesn't exist at all but we know better. I don't have this one at all.

bhogg
02-10-2007, 01:58 AM
it has been said that if you didn't agree with ol' bill's shows, he'd get mad. . . and you didn't want him to get mad :)

thehillbillycat
02-10-2007, 02:06 AM
In the words of Dr. McCoy in the movie Star Trek III: The Search for Spock......"That ain't a **************** bit funny".........kidding........:D

memphis 77
02-10-2007, 09:11 AM
this was a show /subject that generated alot of controversy in 88, grest lady and fellow fan MARIA COLUMBUS , had some great questions that all fans wanted answers to-she was ridiculed for years for her participation un this program, a year later GERALDO RIVERA , broke the mystery of the guy who was talking on the audio tape , that was sold as ELVIS , he had a panell that included esposito, jd summner, gaale brewer.. gaile was busted , and the guy claimed that he was hired by a fan club to make the tape[even i believed that this was E.P. on this tape, although i always thought it was spliced from interview/convo. with other people], but i'm glad that RIVERA brang this to a halt, but the shows were entertaining.

Tony Trout
02-10-2007, 09:43 AM
http://mediamax.com/moodyblue/elvisfiles.wmv

It takes a good 5 minutes to download these ;even with DSL.
This is both of them; 2 hours long.
Feel free to copy them.

Good luck, enjoy .:)

AJR,

The file size is 109 MB....how can I be sure I'll be able to download them onto my computer without my computer crashing or something??

Take Care,
Tony T.

thehillbillycat
02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
this was a show /subject that generated alot of controversy in 88, grest lady and fellow fan MARIA COLUMBUS , had some great questions that all fans wanted answers to-she was ridiculed for years for her participation un this program, a year later GERALDO RIVERA , broke the mystery of the guy who was talking on the audio tape , that was sold as ELVIS , he had a panell that included esposito, jd summner, gaale brewer.. gaile was busted , and the guy claimed that he was hired by a fan club to make the tape[even i believed that this was E.P. on this tape, although i always thought it was spliced from interview/convo. with other people], but i'm glad that RIVERA brang this to a halt, but the shows were entertaining.

That is true, Geraldo Rivera did busted Gaile really bad by having the man himself where you can see him who made that tape. She tried to say it was Elvis. But he produced a document that told that a fan club and Gaile got him to make that tape because he sounded like Elvis. He even said part of the things that he said on that audio tape and the audience was like "WOW!!!"

ajr
02-10-2007, 10:02 AM
AJR,

The file size is 109 MB....how can I be sure I'll be able to download them onto my computer without my computer crashing or something??

Take Care,
Tony T.

I don't know, Tony. All I know is a friend made it so anyone that wanted to view them, could. No one I know has any trouble viewing them. It just takes a while to download it. He was gonna come back and split them up; but he never has yet.

ajr
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
My friends & I have looked everywhere for the Geraldo show. It seems to be missing . (n) It was just to bring an end to the controversy.

Though I'm not so convinced the tape was Elvis; neither am I convinced of anything Geraldo or the MM does or says.

Bill Burk told me he was the one that found the guy that claimed to have made that tape. He never explained how. He's conveniently lost the interview he did with him afterwards too. ;)

Tony Trout
02-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I don't know, Tony. All I know is a friend made it so anyone that wanted to view them, could. No one I know has any trouble viewing them. It just takes a while to download it. He was gonna come back and split them up; but he never has yet.

AJR,

Could you try to find out if I will be able to download them? I can't afford to have my computer to crash on me...

That is true, Geraldo Rivera did busted Gaile really bad by having the man himself where you can see him who made that tape. She tried to say it was Elvis. But he produced a document that told that a fan club and Gaile got him to make that tape because he sounded like Elvis. He even said part of the things that he said on that audio tape and the audience was like "WOW!!!"

The man who did this particular tape is/was a man named David Darlock/David Gazaele (sp?)...he was hired by a now-defunct/unknown fan club called "Eternally Elvis" to make the tape....I haven't heard what has happened to him since then.....:hmm:

ajr
02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think I'm smart enough to tell you if your computer might crash or not. All I know is; no one else's has. We watch & discuss these tapes off & on.

If you've not been to this place; you might enjoy it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83652269&MyToken=172b929b-a248-4c24-a947-d180f83ebd2e

Adam has done interviews with a lot of people. One of them being Chanzes .It was said he hired Darlock. Of course, we won't know what Chanzes had to say until the documentary comes out in August. :'(

I've looked for Darlock & can't find him either. :hmm:

Tony Trout
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't think I'm smart enough to tell you if your computer might crash or not. All I know is; no one else's has. We watch & discuss these tapes off & on.

If you've not been to this place; you might enjoy it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83652269&MyToken=172b929b-a248-4c24-a947-d180f83ebd2e

Adam has done interviews with a lot of people. One of them being Chanzes .It was said he hired Darlock. Of course, we won't know what Chanzes had to say until the documentary comes out in August. :'(

I've looked for Darlock & can't find him either. :hmm:

AJR,

Thanks for the link! I added Adam to my 'friends' list on my MySpace, if that's ok....

Take Care,
Tony T.

P.S. I checked my "C" drive on my computer and I have 28.9 GB of free space on my hard drive...is this enough free space to download the video files??

P.P.S: I do have enough space on my hard drive to download the files...YAY!!

ajr
02-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm glad you are able to see it. It's what it's for. There are too many people that have never seen these tapes . I just like to provide any info I find to all so they can make their own observations without others telling them what to think. ;) I've taken a lot of flack for being so "open minded" ,but I could care less. It's better to "see "with your own eyes ;than read all the different ,crazy stories out here and try to guess which is the truth. ;)

I won't use their names; but I thank a friend from Australia & another from the UK for getting this for everyone .......no charge !! (y)

Adam provides his MySpace to everyone . I'm sure he's happy to be your friend. He's taken on a huge job . I hope it turns out as well as I'm hoping it will. I'm impressed with some of the real people he's managed to find & talk to. {he hasn't found Darlock yet though.}We need to find that guy .:helpsmili

memphis 77
02-10-2007, 05:41 PM
My friends & I have looked everywhere for the Geraldo show. It seems to be missing . (n) It was just to bring an end to the controversy.

Though I'm not so convinced the tape was Elvis; neither am I convinced of anything Geraldo or the MM does or says.

Bill Burk told me he was the one that found the guy that claimed to have made that tape. He never explained how. He's conveniently lost the interview he did with him afterwards too. ;) if anything GERALDO RIVERA WAS AND IS A GREAT INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER ,and he got to the bottom of that mystery and exposed all who were involved, if you see it . you can't deny that he made gail look real bad,

Tony Trout
02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
I've heard stories that both Gail Brewer-Giorgio and Monte Nicholson don't want to associate themselves with the "Is Elvis Alive?" craze anymore....

Is this true??

memphis 77
02-10-2007, 06:18 PM
I've heard stories that both Gail Brewer-Giorgio and Monte Nicholson don't want to associate themselves with the "Is Elvis Alive?" craze anymore....

Is this true?? yes no wonder, geraldo exposed them for what tey were and are -hucksters.

ajr
02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I disagree about Geraldo. But, everyone has a right to their opinion.
He was & is a great Tabloid reporter. Whatever's outrageous .

I DO have the tape of his trip to Memphis .....:lol:
He didn't make many friends nor get anyone to say what he wanted.
But, it was worth watching . Folks from the south did not appreciate him.
For them to choose protecting Elvis over him was quite expected.

GBG is out of the discussion. She has family health problems.
All her material ;along with Phil A's has been turned over to Bill Beeny .
You can view all of it, free of charge by visiting Beeny's Elvis Museum .
It's on the highway just west of St.Louis , Mo.
{Plan on spendiing a few days ;) }

Monte just re-released his book in 2004 . He was to release his other book, Elvis Calling.....but, he seems to have backed out of that.
Must have gotten more attention than he bargained for. ;)

Anyway, IMO.....the less famous people involved in this Elvis story tell the truth more than the infamous ones.....:hmm:

ajr
02-10-2007, 06:31 PM
yes no wonder, geraldo exposed them for what tey were and are -hucksters.

I don't want to get involved in any arguements here .......but, GBG just brought all the questions out that so many fans were asking at the time. I don't think she was a "huckster " in any way.

Geraldo didn't expose anyone ........just his ignorance and arrogance . (n)

Jim Saidhello
02-10-2007, 10:40 PM
AJR:

I know everyone on this thread appreciates the fact that you've made these videos available, so speaking for all of us I just wanted to say a formal thank-you - for collecting them, for converting them (or having them converted), and for posting them where we can all see them.

To each his own - I personally don't believe Elvis still walks the earth, but I find the myth of his survival fascinating, especially as it says so much about the fan's relationship with the man.

Deep thanks again - I'm so thrilled to have these in my collection at last.

Tony Trout
02-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Monte just re-released his book in 2004 . He was to release his other book, Elvis Calling.....but, he seems to have backed out of that.
Must have gotten more attention than he bargained for. ;)

I wonder how difficult that book is to find?? I looked on Ebay with no luck...and I'm afraid to try purchasing it through the publisher for fear I might get ripped off like I did with the Rober Holton book, "The King Is Dead" (which I still haven't gotten a copy of yet).....

ajr
02-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks, Jim.....it just became a hobby of mine. But, I wanted all the fans to see for themselves just what really happened .
I don't think Bixby solved a thing. There were "experts "on the first show & "experts "on the second show. I'm not sure why it was decided that we had to believe the second set of 'experts."
I have no idea if Elvis died in 1977 or not. He's not talked to me. ;)
But, it's an interesting mystery. There certainly were a lot of people covering up things in 1977.
I just hated that some fans were "fooled" by some claiming to be Elvis or know where he is.

Tony;
I ordered Monte's book through Living The Dream Press. The name of his book is The Presley Arrangement.
It was good for 1987. I'm sure it shook a lot of people up then. ;)
The ISBN 0-9761764-2-4 . I'm glad I finally got it. The old one was at a rediculously high price, IF you could find it.

We didn't have any problem getting Robert Holtons book either .
Maybe, you came into this mystery too late .;)
Keep looking, I bet you can find all you're searching for.

I found the link to that publishing site.
http://livingthedreampress.com/presleyarrangement.html

srj1967
02-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Of course Elvis is dead, we've had some heated debate about this on here before.

The Bixby specials just rehashed the same old crap.

I'll say one thing though. That audiotape of "Elvis" that Brewer-Giorgio offered with her book (and that was played on one of the specials from memory) was easily the best vocal imitation of Elvis I've ever heard. Of course, we fans knew it wasn't him, but it was the closest I've ever heard to Elvis' voice.

If his impersonation was used for that computer-generated ad for BBC radio, then it would've been perfect!

Years later, a Canadian man (I think he was a DJ) admitted it was him doing the voice on US TV, and did the impersonation again. And that ***** GBG is probably still out there peddling her trash ...

ajr
02-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I've never understood why anyone should have a "heated debate" on whether Elvis is dead or alive. Who is it hurting ? Who is being threatened?

It seems to be threatening some belief systems, that's all.
Let people discuss not debate a difference of opinion.
IF one is allowed to discuss his "drug taking" and his "sex life" ....how much less can it hurt to discuss whether he lived or died?
Personally, I'd be thrilled to discover that he didn't die .
Amazing , the things "Elvis fans {?} " fight about . :hmm:

meg
02-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Elvis alive? That?s sheer nonsense(n) (n)

srj1967
02-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I've never understood why anyone should have a "heated debate" on whether Elvis is dead or alive. Who is it hurting ? Who is being threatened?

Because it is stupid to discuss something that couldn't possibly be true. There is no solid evidence, and it is just wishful thinking on the part of *****s and money-grubbers.

The debate hurts no person, but it does a disservice to his memory and the man himself.

Further, perpetuating this infuriating theory within the Elvis world makes fans and the Elvis world in general look even more bizarre to the "outside world". Do you remember the early- to mid-eighties when the "Is Elvis Alive?" debate was at its peak? Elvis' credibility and that of his fans was in the toilet. The whole theory is - rightly - regarded by outsiders as a joke.

Elvis' credibility has been clawed back in the 21st Century - for a variety of reasons - and entertaining the possibility of him still being alive can only serve to make him and his fans look like fools.

Yes, anyone who believes Elvis is alive is *****. And anyone in the Elvis world and on this forum who believes the theory is beneath contempt (or at least my contempt anyway).

Other aspects of Elvis' life ... his music, his love life, his movies, his concerts, his drug-taking etc ... are provable things that actually happened.

Elvis Presley (physically) died on August 16, 1977. End of story.

meg
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Because it is stupid to discuss something that couldn't possibly be true. There is no solid evidence, and it is just wishful thinking on the part of *****s and money-grubbers.

The debate hurts no person, but it does a disservice to his memory and the man himself.

Yes, anyone who believes Elvis is alive is *****. And anyone in the Elvis world and on this forum who believes the theory is beneath contempt.

Other aspects of Elvis' life ... his music, his love life, his movies, his concerts, his drug-taking etc ... are provable things that actually happened.

Elvis Presley (physically) died on August 16, 1977. End of story.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

ajr
02-11-2007, 04:58 PM
The bigger dis-service & hurting Elvis is to talk of any drug use and his personal life because you nor anyone else doesn't know one thing about it !!

The morans are the ones that refuse to see this.
The ones that make the money are the ones that were supposed to be his friends; by telling all the wild , hateful stuff about him. Now, that's sick and uncalled for & beneath contempt. (n)

And BTW: IMO; Elvis would get a bigger laugh at people arguing if he's "dead or alive" than he would talking about any drug use or his private life.
I could care less what anyone thinks of me .
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
I just might have the last laugh.

Tony Trout
02-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Tony;
I ordered Monte's book through Living The Dream Press. The name of his book is The Presley Arrangement.
It was good for 1987. I'm sure it shook a lot of people up then. ;)
The ISBN 0-9761764-2-4 . I'm glad I finally got it. The old one was at a rediculously high price, IF you could find it.

We didn't have any problem getting Robert Holtons book either .
Maybe, you came into this mystery too late .;)
Keep looking, I bet you can find all you're searching for.

I found the link to that publishing site.
http://livingthedreampress.com/presleyarrangement.html

AJR,

Thanks for the link. I'm still wary 'bout ordering the book because I still haven't heard a word about the Robert Holton book, either....no emails and no phone calls...nada...

Mr. Holton offered to send me a copy of the book, "The King Is Dead", to read then send back to him after I read it but I'd rather try to find my own copy of the book so I can keep it and not have to worry 'bout sending it back....

I'll keep y'all posted....

Take Care,
Tony T.

ajr
02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Anytime, Tony.

IF I know something, happy to pass it on. If I don't, I'll just keep my mouth shut. ;)

Here's a link to Holton's book on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/King-Dead-Robert-R-Holton/dp/0964648458/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_2_txt/002-8477467-9987216

Surprised you didn't get it. I hope they didn't keep your money .
I think we ordered ours from that Katco or something like that.

Mr Holton is a nice man for sure.Call him.

Tony Trout
02-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Anytime, Tony.

IF I know something, happy to pass it on. If I don't, I'll just keep my mouth shut. ;)

Here's a link to Holton's book on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/King-Dead-Robert-R-Holton/dp/0964648458/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_2_txt/002-8477467-9987216

Surprised you didn't get it. I hope they didn't keep your money .
I think we ordered ours from that Katco or something like that.

Mr Holton is a nice man for sure.Call him.

AJR,

I first bought the book on Ebay and got my money refunded via PayPal. I then called Katco and left Ryan a message...he's never called me back...not even once...I placed an order for the book through Katco via PayPal...still no book...and no response from Katco....

I did call Mr. Holton and he informed me that there aren't any more copies of the book left and he offered to send me his only copy to read and send back to him...but I don't want to do that...I hope I've not gotten ripped off again....I so badly want to read that book....

ajr
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
I'd order it from Amazon ;as they're larger.
Cancel the order from Katco .

Couldn't help but notice Esposito's book there .......almost $50.00 !!
Now who's trying to make money off Elvis ?? (n)
I heard it wasn't very good either .

I don't buy anything from Joe.

Tony Trout
02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I'd order it from Amazon ;as they're larger.
Cancel the order from Katco .

Couldn't help but notice Esposito's book there .......almost $50.00 !!
Now who's trying to make money off Elvis ?? (n)
I heard it wasn't very good either .

I don't buy anything from Joe.

AJR,

How do I cancel the order from Katco and get a refund? How can I be sure that the book is available from Amazon to order?? I don't wanna order it from Amazon in case the book (once again) isn't available to order....

By the way...what does "AJR" stand for?

Take Care,
Tony T.

ajr
02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Tony,
I'd get in touch with PayPal , complain & tell them to stop the transaction & why.
I went so far on Amazon to order this book; that all I had to do was enter my credit card number; just now.

ajr is the initials of my name .....;)

srj1967
02-12-2007, 01:35 AM
The bigger dis-service & hurting Elvis is to talk of any drug use and his personal life because you nor anyone else doesn't know one thing about it !!

The ones that make the money are the ones that were supposed to be his friends; by telling all the wild , hateful stuff about him. Now, that's sick and uncalled for & beneath contempt. (n)

And BTW: IMO; Elvis would get a bigger laugh at people arguing if he's "dead or alive" than he would talking about any drug use or his private life.
I could care less what anyone thinks of me .
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
I just might have the last laugh.

If neither you nor I know nothing about Elvis and his life, then what is the point of this forum, or of discusing him at all? I think, after 40 years as a fan, I am more than qualified to talk about the man, and I think I know him as well as someone can who never actually met him (unfortunately).

As for his drug use ... it happened, and has been confirmed by enough sources to be worthy of serious discussion.

To be honest, I'm not interested though in what Elvis would've thought about our topics of discussion, nor whether he'd laugh or cry about fans' discussion topics.

Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and having an opinion - and expressing it on forums like this - means it should be open to scrutiny and examination of the facts. And there are no facts whatsoever to support the contention that Elvis is alive. Every theory has been and can be disproved with real facts and logic.

If you seriously believe Elvis is alive, then you already know my opinion on that. AJR, you haven't directly said whether or not you believe Elvis is alive ... so, do you? It's a yes or no answer by the way. Don't cop out and say you're "open" to the idea ... either you do or you don't.

So, is Elvis alive AJR? And are there any others here who HONESTLY believe he still walks among us?

ajr
02-12-2007, 03:05 AM
To be honest, I'm not interested though in what Elvis would've thought about our topics of discussion, nor whether he'd laugh or cry about fans' discussion topics.

To be honest; I don't think you're a fan. So ,what is it?? You just like to get on these things & act like you know everything & try to intimidate people?
Back off me, man !! I've been a fan a bit longer than you & I have met him !!
Believe me, he wouldn't put up with people like you.
So, just go your way & let the people that do care what he'd think do the talking.
I was having a conversation with Tony; you butted in.

I answered your question in post #24 . Read it .

srj1967
02-12-2007, 04:15 AM
To be honest; I don't think you're a fan. So ,what is it?? You just like to get on these things & act like you know everything & try to intimidate people?
Back off me, man !! I've been a fan a bit longer than you & I have met him !!
Believe me, he wouldn't put up with people like you.
So, just go your way & let the people that do care what he'd think do the talking.
I was having a conversation with Tony; you butted in.

I answered your question in post #24 . Read it .

Touchy, aren't we AJR? You have insulted me openly on this forum and I shall be reporting you to the moderators.

This thread is actually about the "Is Elvis Alive?" theories stemming from the Bixby specials. If you want to have a conversation with Tony about your eBay problems, do it privately.

Okay, you met Elvis. Good for you. I wish I'd met him. You've been a fan longer than me. That's wonderful. Your collection is probably larger than mine. Great. So, on the Elvis fan scale, you definitely have more points than me.

Impressive. A round of applause for AJR, everyone. :notworthy :notworthy

I've been on this forum longer than you .. does that make me any better than you? No, of course not.

You're just hurt that someone like me disagress with you over Elvis being alive. I thought this forum was for robust debate, but perhaps I am mistaken.

You don't think I'm a fan? *** are you to decide that?

Don't ever impugn my respect and love for Elvis, nor question that I am a fan. Did I do this to you, or say you weren't a fan? No. I merely questioned why you would actually believe Elvis was still alive. I can guarantee you the vast majority of fans on here believe otherwise. Unlike you, I accept there are different types of fans, and I am genuinely interested in their opinions about Elvis and like to ask questions of them.

I also like to back up any of my claims and opinions with reasons as to why I've come to my conclusions etc.

So, again, I pose you this question: do you wish to tell us why you think he's still alive? Which of the "evidence" do you believe?

Relax, AJR, and don't take things so personally. There was never any personal attack towards you on here from me, and I would expect the same courtesy.

ajr
02-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Evidently, you do think it makes you better. You bait people.
I could care less what you say, but you need to leave me alone.
I only was answering Tony's question.

This is very childish of you.
If you read my post; you will see I never said he is alive.

I do however, enjoy studying the mystery and cover ups of that day.
I don't however, think you or anyone else has proof that he died.
Please show the death certificate & the autopsy report .
I'd love to see it.

meg
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Please show the death certificate & the autopsy report

Why do you need it if you don?t believe he is alive?

you will see I never said he is alive.

That above is already enough!(n)

srj1967
02-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Evidently, you do think it makes you better. You bait people.
I could care less what you say, but you need to leave me alone.
I only was answering Tony's question.

This is very childish of you.
If you read my post; you will see I never said he is alive.

I do however, enjoy studying the mystery and cover ups of that day.
Please show the death certificate & the autopsy report .
I'd love to see it.

No guts, no glory, AJR ... And my apologies if I referred to you as a male in previous posts, but your gender wasn't listed on your public profile. Makes no difference to me as to this debate.

I never stated you said whether he was alive ... that's why I'm asking you directly for a proper answer as to your beliefs re this subject! Is that so difficult to comprehend?

You say you enjoy the mysteries and coverups about Elvis being alive. As do I, but only to observe them as utter rubbish. But I'd love to hear some of the theories behind this idea. Really.

Were you being sarcastic when you asked to see the death certificate and autopsy report on Elvis? If you think he's alive, then what would these documents prove to you anyway? It'd be part of the "coverup", surely? I do have them both in my files (which aren't here at home with me) but perhaps someone else has them to hand to offer here?

Believing Elvis is still alive is like believing that man didn't actually go to the moon: the amount of people that would have to be involved and paid off is truly staggering.

"There certainly were a lot of people covering up things in 1977", you said earlier in this post, AJR. Like who? And what was covered up exactly?

So, my "proof" he's dead is obvious: the grief of Lisa and his dad (why would he put them through that? Or do you think they're part of the conspiracy?); the medical reports; the list is endless.

My mother died four years ago this month. I have her death certificate, but if anybody asked me to prove she's dead, how exactly would I go about it?

And this isn't an attack on you. AJR, as much as you'd like to think it is. I will, however, openly challenge anyone who believes Elvis is alive (or that we didn't go to the moon!) to offer their own sound theories as to why they think it's possible. If you have the courage of your convictions (and this goes for anybody reading this on the forum), step forward and say "I think Elvis is still alive because ..." and put forth your theories. We can debate them back'n'forth one by one.

So, yes or no: do you think Elvis is alive or dead?

ajr
02-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Were you being sarcastic when you asked to see the death certificate and autopsy report on Elvis? If you think he's alive, then what would these documents prove to you anyway? It'd be part of the "coverup", surely? I do have them both in my files (which aren't here at home with me) but perhaps someone else has them to hand to offer here?

I was not being sarcastic . You & everyone else knows you don't have the death certificate or the autopsy report. Only the family does.

I didn't come here to debate or try to convince anyone that Elvis is alive. It is you that jumped on me. As I said; everyone can have their own opinion.
It's you that is trying to make everyone conform to your beliefs .

IF you'd approached me for a nice discussion not debate; I might tell you what I know As it is; I owe you no explanation & don't intend to give you one.
I will just ignore you. ;)

srj1967
02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I might tell you what I know As it is; I owe you no explanation & don't intend to give you one.
I will just ignore you. ;)

And, for that, I will be eternally grateful. Now, that's sarcasm! :lmfao:

As for the death certificate and autopsy reports, they are a matter of public record. Here is the autopsy report (small size version).

Jumpsuit Junkie
02-12-2007, 12:16 PM
As for the death certificates and autopsy reports, they are a matter of public record.

If you do have an official copy of the autopsy you must be able to use a time machine.....;) the autopsy has been sealed by Elvis' father for 50 years after he died (2027) is the release date.

Also I have yet to see a copy of the death certificate, if you have a copy please e-mail me and we can do business.

Matt

ajr
02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
That is the Medical Examiners Report . Something Jerry Franncisco signed .
It's not the death certificate or the autopsy report . Something many fans have been confused about.Sorry.

srj1967
02-12-2007, 12:22 PM
See www.thesmokinggun.com for the two-page autopsy report. Type in Elvis Presley under their archives section.

They have some other cool EP stuff too, eg his letter to Nixon and some FBI files.

My apologies re death certificate. I'm looking at a website here at work and I can see a small copy of something, but it looks like the birth certificate. I cannot access it from here.

I have a copy of the death certificate from about 1980 (although if what you're saying is true, perhaps it is a fake?) But the autopsy report is out there, and the Smoking Gun website is a reliable source.

srj1967
02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
That is the Medical Examiners Report . Something Jerry Franncisco signed .
It's not the death certificate or the autopsy report . Something many fans have been confused about.Sorry.

Perhaps I stand corrected, and am willing to admit an error ...?

srj1967
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
If you do have an official copy of the autopsy you must be able to use a time machine.....;)
Matt

If I had a ****in' time machine, I'd go back to about 1971, abduct EP away from all his crap and he'd still be alive today! Then we wouldn't need to have this conversation! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

ajr
02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Yes, please go to the Smoking Gun......it too has the Medical Examiners report only. Guess they're confused too. ;)
I tried to get a copy of the death certificate from Memphis. They won't give any one a copy .

I've read all the FBI reports too.....including some just released last year. Most are still backed out. Oh well.....I guess 50 years means 50 years . Wonder if Vernon had any idea the problems this would cause?

srj1967
02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
By the way, AJR, have you posted your story about your meeting with Elvis on here? And no, this isn't sarcasm, I'd be interested in hearing the story ...

Peace, love and mungbeans ... :D

ajr
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Perhaps I stand corrected, and am willing to admit an error ...?

Error noted and acknowledged . No problem.
I've studied this stuff very intensely, most haven't as they just take all that's reported as fact. I like to dig a little deeper . ;)

Let's just leave it ; everyone has a right to their own opinion & to try for the truth. (y)
No, I don't intend to post my meeting with Elvis. Too hostile territory .
Many have met Elvis; few knew him.

meg
02-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Too hostile territory .

Was it after 1977:lol:

ajr
02-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually, it was early 1977. He looked & sounded great !!
IF he was doing drugs, you couldn't tell it. Nice guy .
Was glad I got to meet him, sorry to see him go. :sad:

meg
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Yes it?s very sad he?s no longer with us!I asked after 1977because this I found in the internet:
On August 5th, 2000 I met Elvis Presley in San Francisco, California.
Elvis was incognito with a clear plastic mask over the lower 2/3 rds of
his face. He was sitting in the audience watching himself on big screen
while his band and singers were performing on stage. This was at "Elvis
the Concert." This was and is a virtual concert with Elvis on big screen
with lyrics separated so the band and singers can perform as if Elvis was on
stage.

I think this person need new glasses:oops:

heber
02-12-2007, 02:50 PM
hello, Im heber luis sanchez and I have 1 copy to "the elvis files" with bill bixby,I undesrtand a litter english but we try to under stand, Im from Puerto Rico and my language is spanish, my mail is hebersanchez224@hotmail.com and you cant write me, and you decide what cant to do,to send you thats copy "the elvis files".

ajr
02-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Meg....
Yes, I see these things & I hate it too, believe it or not.

After getting into "the mystery" I met very nice Elvis fans that have been deceived . It was then I decided I wanted to "prove" he died or not.

I guess it's hard for some to tell the difference in what I'm trying to do.
But, I don't believe either way, rigidly. I've seen the lies told by ones close to him. {or say they were } They change their stories, depending on who's asking or when asked . All of them get paid for their interviews.All have written books. All are still living off of Elvis Presley. He doesn't deserve that.

There are only 2 people that were there 8/16/77 that have never written a book or given interviews. Al Strada & Trish Henley . I'd like to hear what they have to say. :)

There were many lies told that day too, by the medical staff at BMH , Dr Nick and many others. It would be nice to get the truth ; finally.
Dr Francisco {the M.E. } should have been fired .

I always caution people to not believe anyone claiming to be Elvis or that they know where he is. It's a shame that all the scams are done in his name .I don't believe for one minute that he'd participate in any of that !!

elvis himselvis
02-12-2007, 03:09 PM
I personally don't believe he is alive.
The only thing i'm concern about is if Elvis is lay down to rest at Graceland...he could still be at Forest Hill.

ajr
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
The only thing i'm concern about is if Elvis is lay down to rest at Graceland...he could still be at Forest Hill.

Yes, that's been brought up too. On and on the stories go. :unsure:

meg
02-12-2007, 03:59 PM

Here is the film!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7pg2PxsQ0U

Jumpsuit Junkie
02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't believe for one minute that he'd participate in any of that !!

Given that you think Elvis wouldn't participate in a scam, why would he then deliberately falsify his own death? I have to admit i don't believe that he is alive simply because following his life style from 1970-1977 it would fit into a natural conclusion.

srj1967
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Given that you think Elvis wouldn't participate in a scam, why would he then deliberately falsify his own death? I have to admit i don't believe that he is alive simply because following his life style from 1970-1977 it would fit into a natural conclusion.

Excellent point. (y)

ajr
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM

I never said he was alive. But, a scam like I refer to is taking money, etc. from others, pretending to be someone you're not & hurting others.

IF there was a good reason that Elvis would have to leave; IMO.......that's no scam. "Some people" have had to disappear for years.
Even one of our officials was friends & did business with a fellow that was in the "witness protection plan."
BTW: that was one of the guys that ran the "scam: on EP about his plane.
Stuff does happen that most of us have never even considered .

We just don't live in that kind of world.

elvis himselvis
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Meg

I have seen that footage already a couple of times before,but who says that are the caskets??
they could have change the caskets...

ajr
02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Even I was shocked & that takes some doing. ;)

http://www.citizensforethics.org/press/pressclip.php?view=1557

"Ney's host on the trip was FN partner Nigel Winfield, who, according to court records, was sentenced to jail for six months in 1982 and fined $10,000 for his involvement in an earlier scheme to swindle Elvis Presley on an aircraft lease-purchase deal."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7833922/

Merry
02-12-2007, 11:45 PM

Well said.

Jess

Tony Trout
02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Boy....it's amazing how a thread I start simply asking for a television special hosted by Billy Bixby can turn into a heated discussion...I didn't mean for it to turn out that way....

Can we just drop this and move onto something else??

Matt
02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I've got both of these on dvd Tony if you are still needing copies, b&p

Merry
02-14-2007, 04:20 AM
I'm not heated? lol......

I was referring to his "friends" who betrayed him, and still do.

I apologise if I gave the wrong impression, my intentions are good, honest :hug: (y) lol

Jess

meg
02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Even I was shocked & that takes some doing. ;)

http://www.citizensforethics.org/press/pressclip.php?view=1557

"Ney's host on the trip was FN partner Nigel Winfield, who, according to court records, was sentenced to jail for six months in 1982 and fined $10,000 for his involvement in an earlier scheme to swindle Elvis Presley on an aircraft lease-purchase deal."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7833922/

Why shocked? I can?t understand that!It?s 30 years old news and happened after Elvis dead.And Elvis didn?t "disappear"he died. I believe you?r a friend of conspiracy:lol:

ajr
02-14-2007, 02:51 PM
That news is only about 2 years old. IF you lived in the US ,you might understand. This is one of our Rep. conferring with one of the people that is well known to be a con artist that ripped off Elvis & Vernon before August 1977. Elvis was to testify against him & others in August 1977.
My shock comes that he's still around; trying to sell planes & plane parts to Iran. This, I guess, is just a shock to me from my goverment, not Elvis.

Conspiracy theories abound, if one thinks about it. Some true; some not. ;)
It's only a theory until enough proof can be brought out.
Only "thinking" people get picked on for asking questions. :)

Other's have let this drop, why not you??

john carpenter
01-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I watched and taped both shows.And contacted Gail, and she sent me a 4x6 of the man behind the poolhouse door. I was stupid enouph to believe it was Elvis behind that door (not now) I believed it was Elvis on the tape(not now) But the guy David Dorkhead whatever his name was sounded just like Elvis.I wanted to believe so bad. My family and friends wanted to send me to a shrink lol. I'm ok (i think) now.LOL

TCBnAflash
01-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Geraldo is first a big Elvis fan. He also was the first to expose the accidential drug overdose in a 20/20 special. I think it was 1979.
I thought the second Bill Bixby show was about exposing how fake the Elvis Files were.
They had the man from the Ali picture and the voice on the tape.

Getlo
01-29-2008, 11:44 AM
To put it plainly and simply: anyone who believes Elvis is alive - or that he didn't die on August 16th, 1977 - is an I-D-I-O-T.

TotallyInsane
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
To put it plainly and simply: anyone who believes Elvis is alive - or that he didn't die on August 16th, 1977 - is an I-D-I-O-T.

Getlo,
Don't hold nothing back - tell us how you really feel!!:D

cameron
01-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I know a lot of very intelligent people that entertained the idea that Elvis didn't die that day. I've had some interesting conversations with them.
It would be nice if they were right. ;)

Getlo
01-29-2008, 03:05 PM
very intelligent - Elvis didn't die

An o-x-y-m-o-r-o-n ... ;)

It's a ridiculous theory, by any stretch of the imagination.

cameron
01-29-2008, 03:14 PM
An o-x-y-m-o-r-o-n ... ;)

It's a ridiculous theory, by any stretch of the imagination.

That's a matter of opinion .:P

john carpenter
01-29-2008, 03:18 PM
I was an O-x-y-m-o-r-o-n ,now i'm just a *****..LOL. I don't know why i was such an ***** to believe this bull but i was hoping he could've pulled it off.

Getlo
01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Slightly :offtopic: but I think the swearing filter needs to be relaxed a bit ... we should be able to write words like o-x-y-m-o-r-o-n and i-d-i-o-t-i-c without having to hyphenate or disguise them (just because they contain m-o-r-o-n and i-d-i-o-t ...)

Mods?

Getlo
01-29-2008, 03:20 PM
That's a matter of opinion .:P

Yes. A correct opinion. :)

cameron
01-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Yes. A correct opinion. :)

Many people ; smarter then you or I have looked into this.
I leave it to them . Frankly, I wish he was still here .
He has a lot of pay-backs coming to him. :)

presley31
01-29-2008, 03:35 PM
It would be everyone's biggest joy if elvis was alive but you got to face the facts and realise that elvis is gone and not coming back.

cameron
01-29-2008, 03:45 PM
It would be everyone's biggest joy if elvis was alive but you got to face the facts and realise that elvis is gone and not coming back.

I agree, Jen. IMO, he has passed away. I'd still like to see the look on some faces if he hadn't. ;)

You're wrong about many of his fans wanting him back though.
They scream bloody murder if anyone suggests it.
I have an open mind and let people believe what they want.
Who does it hurt?

Getlo
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
It would be everyone's biggest joy if elvis was alive.

Not mine, sorry. If it turned out he was alive, that would mean he had committed the most heinous fraud on his fans and the world. It would be a despicable act. If he turned up alive tomorrow, I'd destroy my entire collection and never listen to - or even speak of! - the man again. It would be unforgivable it it was true. Which, of course, it isn't.

You're wrong about many of his fans wanting him back though. They scream bloody murder if anyone suggests it.
I have an open mind and let people believe what they want.
Who does it hurt?

It hurts his legacy and his credibility to give even the slightest of credence to the theory that Elvis is alive. Anyone who believes he's alive is a nutter, and they are the sorts of fools the media regularly seeks out. If fans and fanclubs pay attention to this sort of bilge, it only makes Elvis and the fans look bad. Thankfully, the days of an Elvis sighting every day or two - and the associated jokes- seem to have passed.

presley31
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Not mine, sorry. If it turned out he was alive, that would mean he had committed the most heinous fraud on his fans and the world. It would be a despicable act. If he turned up alive tomorrow, I'd destroy my entire collection and never listen to - or even speak of! - the man again. It would be unforgivable it it was true. Which, of course, it isn't.

It hurts his legacy and his credibility to give even the slightest of credence to the theory that Elvis is alive. Anyone who believes he's alive is a nutter, and they are the sorts of fools the media regularly seeks out. If fans and fanclubs pay attention to this sort of bilge, it only makes Elvis and the fans look bad. Thankfully, the days of an Elvis sighting every day or two - and the associated jokes- seem to have passed.

I agree gelto, l would be quite mad at elvis for hiding out all those years, don't think l could look at him the same way l do now. To some it might be wonderful but some fans would be quite angry and unforgiving.

CRITTERGITTER
01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
I hope Elvis is not alive. If he is, it means we would lose him again since he is getting up in age. I almost did not survive losing him the first time, I don't think I could handle it again.

cameron
01-29-2008, 04:12 PM
There are many things said and done that hurt his name and legacy much more than thinking he's alive. IMO.

I haven't invested time or money into any of it. Therefore, I think it'd be great if he was still around.
Of course; as I ask some that believe that. How in the world would you recognize him? ;)
As long as they don't try to convince me they know where he is; it doesn't bother me in the least.

Nope, I wouldn't be mad at him either . If it were me I'd have left a long time ago.

john carpenter
01-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I totally agree Getlo. i said ***** twice and they **** it out. And it wasn't a curse word. Like SH_T ..LOL.

maria1073
01-30-2008, 08:09 AM
i dont think elvis is alive now but i dont think he died on the16 of august

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-30-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm absolutely flabbergasted that people would even consider the fact that Elvis would still be alive given the appalling shape he was in by 1977. The statement that "smarter" people have looked into this defies logic, smart people wouldn't bother with something which clearly doesn't require investigation when all the facts "add up".

Come on people, how much would it have cost to get the huge amount of people to acquiesce to such a story...

There is no way on Gods green earth that Elvis could have gone in a witness relocation programme without someone letting it slip, we are talking about ELVIS PRESLEY not Joe Bloggs.

Not to mention Elvis' family, Pris running the show, his father being on his death bed etc, etc. Lets keep it real ;)

Getlo
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
i dont think elvis is alive now but i dont think he died on the16 of august

I have no words for this ... ;)

TotallyInsane
01-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I have no words for this ... ;)

This is a first!!!:D:D

Getlo
01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
This is a first!!!:D:D

It's just that it's so stupid.

Elvis is dead, and he's been that way for 30 years ...

cameron
01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
It would be nice if everyone would let others believe what they want without making fun of them or making sarcastic remarks.
Especially since most of us haven't the slightest idea what went on .:doh:

Getlo
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
It would be nice if everyone would let others believe what they want without making fun of them or making sarcastic remarks. Especially since most of us haven't the slightest idea what went on .:doh:

I was not being sarcastic in the least. Believing Elvis is alive or didn't die on August 16th, 1977 is simply ridiculous. (n)

And anyone with at least a modicum of intelligence knows very well what went on that day: Elvis Presley died.

End of story; no debate necessary.

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
....... since most of us haven't the slightest idea what went on .:doh:

I'm sorry cameron we can't sugar coat this.

What we do know is that Elvis died! the weight of evidence is overwhelming. Unfortunately there are those poor souls out there who need to cling to some elaborate comfort blanket to get them through their lives, I do not make fun of them only point to the huge amount of evidence surrounding the event and weigh up the flimsy circumstantial evidence and come to a sane judgement :hmm:

By letting folly and conjecture run rampant we are giving the general public want they want to see.. A bunch of fans tarred with the same brush as the loonies :blink::wacko:

cameron
01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
I was not being sarcastic in the least. Believing Elvis is alive or didn't die on August 16th, 1977 is simply ridiculous. (n)

And anyone with at least a modicum of intelligence knows very well what went on that day: Elvis Presley died.

End of story; no debate necessary.
I never asked for a debate . Simply to allow everyone to believe what they want.
To suggest one has no intelligence is just a put down because one doesn't believe the same as another .
Some things I agree with you on. Making fun of others, I do not .

Getlo
01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
By letting folly and conjecture run rampant we are giving the general public want they want to see.. A bunch of fans tarred with the same brush as the loonies :blink::wacko:

Well said, JJ. Spot-on. (y)

To suggest one has no intelligence is just a put down because one doesn't believe the same as another.

I'm not putting them down because they don't believe the same as others or don't believe the same as me ... I am putting them down because they believe something so insanely stupid as Elvis being alive.

Oh, and because it's fun, and I hope to make them cry! :D

cameron
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM

What we do know is that Elvis died! the weight of evidence is overwhelming. Unfortunately there are those poor souls out there who need to cling to some elaborate comfort blanket to get them through their lives, I do not make fun of them only point to the huge amount of evidence surrounding the event and weigh up the flimsy circumstantial evidence and come to a sane judgement :hmm:

To not allow the discussion of the Elvis Alive topic on a site I can understand .Simply because I've seen other sites torn apart with the arguing.
To make fun of someone or insult them is quite another thing.
None of us knows what went on that day in Memphis. To say one does would be a fabrication and only meant to push ones own opinion.
There are many things that have come out over the years no one would have believed then.

I do not think the ones that believe in other things are "loonies"
If anyone does, that's their insecurities talking.

cameron
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm not putting them down because they don't believe the same as others or don't believe the same as me ... I am putting them down because they believe something so insanely stupid as Elvis being alive.

Oh, and because it's fun, and I hope to make them cry! :D

There are quite a few that seem to enjoy hurting others.
I don't think it's funny.

TotallyInsane
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
To not allow the discussion of the Elvis Alive topic on a site I can understand .Simply because I've seen other sites torn apart with the arguing.
None of us knows what went on that day in Memphis. To say one does would be a fabrication and only meant to push ones own opinion.
There are many things that have come out over the years no one would have believed then.

I thought it was possible until the day LISA MARIE MARRIED MICHAEL JACKSON!! :supriced::supriced::'(

cameron
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I thought it was possible until the day LISA MARIE MARRIED MICHAEL JACKSON!! :supriced::supriced::'(

That would cause one to stop and think .I grant you that .;)

Getlo
01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
To not allow the discussion of the Elvis Alive topic on a site I can understand .

Why? As long as the discussion doesn't contravene forum rules, the subject is perfectly acceptable.

Uh-huh. It's great fun! (y)

None of us knows what went on that day in Memphis.

You might not, but I - and millions of others! - do: Elvis died. Again, end of story.

To say one does would be a fabrication and only meant to push ones own opinion.

A "fabrication" to suggest Elvis is actually dead? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Sure: like the drugs, gunplay, certain sexual peccadillos and the like. All of these, while shocking, are based in reality. But the concept of Elvis still being alive (including all permutations of that silly theory) deserves no serious consideration whatsoever.

Some "other" things, no. But believing Elvis didn't die on August 16th, 1977? Let me call the men in the white coats with the butterfly nets ASAP!

And I am perfectly secure in that belief, as is any rational, thinking fan - or even non-fan!

cameron
01-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Why? As long as the discussion doesn't contravene forum rules, the subject is perfectly acceptable.

Uh-huh. It's great fun! (y)

You might not, but I - and millions of others! - do: Elvis died. Again, end of story.

A "fabrication" to suggest Elvis is actually dead? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Sure: like the drugs, gunplay, certain sexual peccadillos and the like. All of these, while shocking, are based in reality. But the concept of Elvis still being alive (including all permutations of that silly theory) deserves no serious consideration whatsoever.

Some "other" things, no. But believing Elvis didn't die on August 16th, 1977? Let me call the men in the white coats with the butterfly nets ASAP!

And I am perfectly secure in that belief, as is any rational, thinking fan - or even non-fan!

It would be nice if you'd leave others alone to believe what they want.
It doesn't hurt you or anyone in the least, IMO.
And, no .You weren't there in 1977 ,so you can only go by what others tell you. It's your choice of what you believe .It should be others choice as well.

To hurt others is not "great fun". It's the act of cowards and bullys IMO.
And the insecurity of ones that do it.

Getlo
01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
It doesn't hurt you or anyone in the least, IMO.

It hurts Elvis ... his fans and his legacy. Not to mention his credibility, which fairytales like this manage to erode all too easily.

And, no .You weren't there in 1977 ,so you can only go by what others tell you.

I wasn't there when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated either; nor was I there when World War II broke out or in New York on September 11, 2001 ... but I know these events happened.

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next man, but to suggest it's even remotely possible that Elvis didn't die on August 16th, 1977 is pure lunacy.

cameron
01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
It hurts Elvis ... his fans and his legacy. Not to mention his credibility, which fairytales like this manage to erode all too easily.

I wasn't there when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated either; nor was I there when World War II broke out or in New York on September 11, 2001 ... but I know these events happened.

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next man, but to suggest it's even remotely possible that Elvis didn't die on August 16th, 1977 is pure lunacy.

Since Elvis is dead ; I don't see how it hurts him in the least. By your own philosophy; once you're dead ,that's it .
There are many other things you like to bring up that hurts his credibility and legacy much worse .

Since you weren't there for Abe Lincoln nor Sept.11th.....how do you know what's been reported is true? I take more issue on what's been reported about 9/11 than most of this other stuff.
But, that's another topic. ;)

Getlo
01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Since Elvis is dead ; I don't see how it hurts him in the least.

Fine then. Elvis was a just fat, bloated drug-addict. And a pedophile, because he had sexual contact with Priscilla before she was of age. Oh, and he was a total nutcase because he believed in UFOs and had a serious God complex ...

These - among others - are the sorts of things that people believe about Elvis Presley, and fans like you are the first to jump up and down when things like this are written. But of course, things written after someone's death can't possibly hurt them or their reputation, right? ;)

And if saying things like this don't hurt him, why do you spew such bile towards the MM and other "traitors"? If Elvis can no longer be hurt, why do you waste your energy on such pursuits?

By your own philosophy; once you're dead ,that's it .

Absolutely. By "Elvis", I obviously wasn't talking about him in a physical sense. It's his reputation and legacy.

There are many other things you like to bring up that hurts his credibility and legacy much worse .

Please point to any thread where I have done this. And no, the drugs, weight etc don't count because they are the truth.

And another truth is: ELVIS IS DEAD!

And if you believe that Elvis can't be hurt now that he's dead, how can anything "hurt his credibility and legacy much worse"?

Since you weren't there for Abe Lincoln nor Sept.11th.....how do you know what's been reported is true?

There is no arguing with paranoid "logic" such as this. I am done "debating" you on this topic (I thought you were smarter than to pull this sort of X-Files-lite type of thing (n)) though will be happy to converse with others if the thread continues.

Good day.

cameron
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Our government "covers up" many things so the public doesn't know; whether anyone wants to believe it or not. Some things have come out many years after the fact.

The trashy gossip about EP, I'll leave to others that do it so well and that appear to enjoy it. :blink:

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-30-2008, 03:13 PM

In the quote above you will see I started a new paragraph before mentioning folly & loonies etc, that is because I had moved on from the "Elvis is alive" theme and used the loonies statement to sum up other such behaviours by a minority by which the majority of fans are judged!

Cameron please read my posts, I haven't insulted anyone, I have generalised. What you have done is comment on the poster i.e. me and basically said that I am insecure because people (In general, not personal) who believe in folly and conjecture are loonies. I stand by that statement, there is a fringe element in the fandom who are responsible for selling Elvis short with their behaviours, actions and philosophies. This is fact, just Google it.

Getlo
01-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Cameron please read my posts, I haven't insulted anyone, I have generalised. What you have done is comment on the poster i.e. me and basically said that I am insecure because people (In general, not personal) who believe in folly and conjecture are loonies.

I think she was probably referring to me.

And I was insulting people who entertain the theory he's alive, and I do believe they're loonies and need to be locked away from society, for the good of us all! :D

cameron
01-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by cameron

Cameron please read my posts, I haven't insulted anyone, I have generalised. What you have done is comment on the poster i.e. me and basically said that I am insecure because people (In general, not personal) who believe in folly and conjecture are loonies. I stand by that statement, there is a fringe element in the fandom who are responsible for selling Elvis short with their behaviours, actions and philosophies. This is fact, just Google it.

I stand by what I said too. There are some "different opinions" and ideologies in the Elvis World. I just don't make fun of any of them nor act like I know more . No one IMO, is any better than another in this world.
You can say and think what you like; and so far, I can think differently.
If I don't happen to go along with someones ideas I don't call them "loonies."
I just migrate to a position more in the line of what I believe.

Diane
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I believe there is absolutely no way that Elvis could have kept himself hidden for 30 years without him being seen or someone blowing his cover. I also don't believe for one minute he would have done it.

Diane

Suzan
01-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Getlo I have to agree w/everything you and JumpsuitJunkee have said.
Elvis died 30 yrs. ago, end of story. Anyone who believes otherwise is not in their right frame of mind.
Also if a certain member is so set about allowing other's their viewpoint why do they then jump on anyone who has a differing opinion about Pris Presley? Interesting I think.

I wish he didn't die, his daughter wishes he didn't die, his family and millions of fans, but he did.

I watched this tv show when it first aired and could not believe that this was actually a serious discussion (or wanted to be) I just shook my head in disbelief.

cameron
01-30-2008, 04:45 PM
I believe that everyone has a right to their opinion without being insulted or called names. It seperates the "grown ups " from the kids, IMO.;)

As to EP "hiding out " for 30 years --- I can't see it either .
But, people have the right to question--especially with so many different stories out here . Supposedly by ones that claim to be "in the know."

I don't believe it's so much about him "being alive", but that everyone would just like to know the truth for a change. From Memphis to BMH to his family and so called friends -- different things are told. That, IMO, is what keeps the controversy going. And, EPE does nothing to correct this . Their comment is mostly, "no comment." If one can make money keeping it all going ----whatever :blink:

presley31
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I believe there is absolutely no way that Elvis could have kept himself hidden for 30 years without him being seen or someone blowing his cover. I also don't believe for one minute he would have done it.

Diane

l agree and l don't think elvis is hiding out either.

Suzan
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Elvis is dead...he has left the building.:(

Sonny
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Cameron is also right. There is never a need to ridicule anyone for his thoughts, one might not agree, okay.
Then state your thoughts, but always without ridicule.

I also believe Elvis died that day, and I never believed in UFO's, until I had something weird in a picture that could be it. And if anyone is interested I am willing to give the story and the pic.

But ridicule is never needed. Respect, while discussing these things yes. Even if your own ideas are completely diff'rent.

Suzan
01-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't recall anyone ever ridiculing anyone and before such claims are lobbied about perhaps some backup/proof needs to be shown. But absolutely everyone is entitled to their opinions...w/o being ganged up on.

I don't know about UFO's...that's just an unidentified flying object, which could consist of war planes not yet ready to be admitted to by the government or some such thing.

No unfortunately Elvis is not alive.

Diane
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
UFOs is an interesting subject though. I'm skeptical until I see one with my own eyes. My husband and children have seen a couple of things that were strange but I missed them.:'(

I'd be very interested in your story and your pictures Rene.

Diane

presley31
01-30-2008, 05:29 PM
UFOs is an interesting subject though. I'm skeptical until I see one with my own eyes. My husband and children have seen a couple of things that were strange but I missed them.:'(

I'd be very interested in your story and your pictures Rene.

Diane

me to diane that sounds very interesting :hmm:

cameron
01-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I've not gotten too involved in UFO's .It is interesting and IMO, very possiible. I think we'd be very arrogant to think we are the only ones in the universe . I think there is a group here that meets monthly or so.
I was invited a long time ago, but never had the time then.

Diane
01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
I agree Cameron. It doesn't make sense to me that we would be the only creatures living on a planet. I don't know if I believe we've been visited but surely there must be other beings somewhere if not in our galaxy then in another .

Diane

presley31
01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
I agree Cameron. It doesn't make sense to me that we would be the only creatures living on a planet. I don't know if I believe we've been visited but surely there must be other beings somewhere if not in our galaxy then in another .

Diane

l agree diane. you never know whats out there:hmm:

Suzan
01-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Is this a discussion of Ufo's now? If so I don't think anyone knows for sure just like anything else in life....
I keep the rest of my thoughts on this topic to myself.

franny
01-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Cameron is also right. There is never a need to ridicule anyone for his thoughts, one might not agree, okay.
Then state your thoughts, but always without ridicule.

I also believe Elvis died that day, and I never believed in UFO's, until I had something weird in a picture that could be it. And if anyone is interested I am willing to give the story and the pic.

But ridicule is never needed. Respect, while discussing these things yes. Even if your own ideas are completely diff'rent.

I would like to hear the story, Rene. Also, please post the pic.(y)

franny :)

Sonny
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
I will make it another topic in off topic.

Let's get back on track with this thread, but without the personal attacks.