PDA

View Full Version : who do you hate most in THE ELVIS WORLD and WHY

memphis 77
02-02-2007, 03:40 PM
so other than yours truly, who do you hate in the ELVIS world and why? I sure have a list that's way to long, and reasons why, my first pick would have to be ESPOSITO, Ii just got to talkin with a fan who told me that he attended a convention lst summer amd ESPOSITO was guest of honour, and all he wanted to talk about was the idea of his new book, and was charging 20 .00 per autograph and photo, not to mention his fee for attending the event $1000.00, i mean is this clown for real, i understand the appearance fee[way to **************** high, i'd rather have ELVIS dog GET LO[if he were still with us], but to charge fans money for autograph, please where is your sense of decency man, I can only blame fans who pay and make a fuss over such tripe as this, i know that CHARLIE also charged fans 10.00 a autograph in 78 at the 78 CONVENTION, he soon stopped because he became so hated by fans for doing this. I say ESPOSITO would be more suited as a dog catcher, or hot dog vendor[stop ripping the fans off and have some respect for the same people ELVIS PRESLEY had respect for. sorry just my little rant, ok guys your next.

Brian Quinn
02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
My pet hate in the Elvis World is Elvis' old record company RCA. Through bad record keeping they lost millions of Elvis' record sales receipts thus allowing today's pretenders e.g. Michael Jackson, Garth Brooks, The Beatles, Madonna etc., to lay claim to being the biggest selling artists of all time.

Brian (n) (n) (n)

ajr
02-02-2007, 05:17 PM
is a pretty strong word. I can't say I really hate anyone.

I tend to ignore all the MM and anyone that claims to know everything about Elvis Presley. IMO, No one knows everything about him and never will. ;)

elvislady
02-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree hate it is a strong word, i just take some things i hear with a pinch of salt.
elvislady:D

jadedragon61
02-02-2007, 05:40 PM
is a pretty strong word. I can't say I really hate anyone.

I tend to ignore all the MM and anyone that claims to know everything about Elvis Presley. IMO, No one knows everything about him and never will. ;)

Very well said! I can't waste my valuable time in hating all the disagreable people - I try, and sometimes it's hard, to look for what's positive.

Anyway, reardging the MM et al, I have trouble taking them seriously anymore.

poormansgold
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM
What I hate about that In USA We can't buy FTD In Stores, Only In Graceland Music Shop or On line, I think they sure have release the Classics Releases In Stores, I know there not place for Concert stuff In The Market
In Stores, If It FRom TTWII concerts , there alot market for that anf Elvis On Tour.
I like See Release next is compete show of August 13th, 1970, Dinner show
It's One Show Look good show On Paper and What We have From It.

TOm

elvis himselvis
02-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I can't say i hate anyone but sometimes things happen and i can get mad about that.

KPM
02-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I guess if I had to hate anything it would be the Elvis imitators. Most do not sound at all like him. Most do not resemble him. Then people who see them and are not as familiar with his true vocal range and abilities think "Oh thats what he sounded like" I think I'd rather see them lip sync to his recordings than actually sing.

Elvisgirl
02-02-2007, 10:33 PM
EPE. i dont hate them, i hate some of the things they do

bhogg
02-03-2007, 12:40 AM
impersonators --- can't stand 'em

Elvisgirl
02-03-2007, 04:24 AM
oh yeah! impersonators too. how could i forget that

JDD
02-03-2007, 06:12 AM
There is too much hate within the Elvis world. As soon as I feel hate I'm going to get professionel help because hate is a very destructive emotion.
Hating someone or something will only hurt you.

Besides that, how can you hate someone you have never met, someone who never did anything to harm you personally.
I am not pleased with some of the actions of some people around Elvis.
I do not like the way Elvis legacy have been treated.
And I do not like the way some companies like RCA and EP are handling things. But I don't hate them. I do not have any right to do that.

Thats an excellent Post Leroy.

Dovey
02-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree 100% with you LeRoy... good post. Dovey ;)

:hmm: :hmm: Have to admit that there are a few that I dislike but" Hate " is a strong word and I do not hate anybody. :doh: (Love Elvis :hug: )

Diane
02-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree 100%, hate is destructive. I also dislike some of the people who surrounded Elvis and dislike things that have been said and done by many but hate is much too strong............Diane

Mr.Aron77
02-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I find Impersonators a big embarrassment.

I hate them as a 'concept', I don't know all of them individually so I can't say I hate them, but I hate them as a 'concept', i.e getting up on stage in a jumpsuit and belting out to Elvis tunes to those foolish enough to pay for it.

memphis 77
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
There is too much hate within the Elvis world. As soon as I feel hate I'm going to get professionel help because hate is a very destructive emotion.
Hating someone or something will only hurt you.

Besides that, how can you hate someone you have never met, someone who never did anything to harm you personally.
I am not pleased with some of the actions of some people around Elvis.
I do not like the way Elvis legacy have been treated.
And I do not like the way some companies like RCA and EP are handling things. But I don't hate them. I do not have any right to do that.

leroy , fyi, i witnessed 36 performances, and had the pleasure of seeing him exit and enter, hotels, I among others like the late LEN LEECH, JOHN GADORE, JUDY PALMER, were witness to the way that he barked and treated fans then, if you were taking pics of E.P. especially off stage believe you me this guy was the worst, he would try to cut you down bad, in all the years that THE WESTS were around they never treated fans half as bad as this fool, he's trash, he needs the fans now to buy his books, photos[many that are not even his, ] an oppoutunist in the greatest sense of the word, i have nothing but sure contempt for this clown. LEROY before ya post , and quote, get the facts right, your entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine, MAYBE ELVIS should have charged for his autograph, and to take a picture with him too.[again just my view/opinion]

ajr
02-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't think Leroy meant it like you think.

He's right, I've seen too much hate & hurt in Elvis World. Elvis wouldn't like that, I don't think. Though he had a terrible temper himself. ;)

I can't stand Esposito, but hate isn't a word I'd use for him. I'm just indifferent to him & anything he or the MM says.
I don't buy their books either .....:)

JerryNodak
02-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't hate anyone in the Elvis world. I never concerned myself with the Elvis world (then or now). Never concerned myself wth the "Colonel", Priscilla, the "Mafia", or whatever. The only thing that ever interested me in the Elvis world was Elvis' music. Yes, I'm aware of the existence of all the other "stuff". But I just don't care. If you want to talk about his music, great!! Otherwise, go away.

Iddytreamgirl
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
I dont like that people have such different versions of same stories when it comes to Elvis. It generally seems that Priscilla has her versions and MM has their own. And theres a whole bunch of people too that tell same stories in such different versions that I dont know who to believe.

I dont hate anyone, I just dont like that.

Wendy56
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Hate is a pretty strong word. I can't say I really hate anyone.
I agree... Though I don't like C. Parker at all... :hmm:

Getlo
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Blinkered, delusional and too-biased fans who see Elvis as some sort of god.

Oh, and Cilla. :angry:

poormansgold
10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
We needed To closed this Tread Or Delete it for good, This stuff about MM is on call for, There thinks i don't liked MM, I can't change it., We say thinks who is making money of Elvis Name there another people that never around making money of Elvis , there ones put those soundboards concerts on CD,
I'm so tried of you fans that hate mm, because you think they are bad guys they not
I got know one,them, Joe E. is sweet man you got kno w him, and Red West another is nice man He one that did great after Elvis death, he had Role In TV Series and In few Movies.
We need To Think that We are little fault with this We as fans keep buying those stuff about Elvis and so on.
tom

presley31
10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
We needed To closed this Tread Or Delete it for good, This stuff about MM is on call for, There thinks i don't liked MM, I can't change it., We say thinks who is making money of Elvis Name there another people that never around making money of Elvis , there ones put those soundboards concerts on CD,
I'm so tried of you fans that hate mm, because you think they are bad guys they not
I got know one,them, Joe E. is sweet man you got kno w him, and Red West another is nice man He one that did great after Elvis death, he had Role In TV Series and In few Movies.
We need To Think that We are little fault with this We as fans keep buying those stuff about Elvis and so on.
tom

Tom
we can't closed threads just cause some don't like the MM, thats not fair at all. We all have different opinions on them.

President Presley
10-15-2007, 02:57 PM
How about that irritating meunkey (clouseau style) Scatters:hmm:
He's an irritating little fellow:cursing:

ksimms2
10-15-2007, 03:02 PM
How about that irritating meunkey (clouseau style) Scatters:hmm:
He's an irritating little fellow:cursing:

he sure was! but it was the guys fault for training him to be the way he was...lol. He would be let loose in a room where a couple were being intimate...lol...and scare the heck out of the girl....peeking under girls dresses and such....they also allowed him to drink alot too......yes he sounded like a very big pain in the ***!

cameron
10-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't hate any of them.
Just dislike some more than others.;)

ms_epblvd
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I can't believe how many people dont like so much about the Elvis world. Dont like the MM, dont like EPE, dont like Priscilla, dont like RCA, dont like Joe Esposito, dont like Impersonators, dont like Tom Parker. All of these things are what made up the life of Elvis Presley. Dont be so judgemental and hate. If you dont like it...move on.... Jerry Nodak has a great way of looking at it and being an Elvis fan... I agree!

Getlo
10-15-2007, 07:03 PM
I can't believe how many people dont like so much about the Elvis world. Dont like the MM, dont like EPE, dont like Priscilla, dont like RCA, dont like Joe Esposito, dont like Impersonators, dont like Tom Parker. All of these things are what made up the life of Elvis Presley. Dont be so judgemental and hate. If you dont like it...move on.... Jerry Nodak has a great way of looking at it and being an Elvis fan... I agree!

Dude, if you don't like a particular thread, don't respond to it.

In your own words: "if you dont like it...move on.... "

Simple.

And the impersonators didn't make up any part of Elvis' life. They are merely a pathetic by-product of the Elvis industry ...

ms_epblvd
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Getlo, first of all I am not a Dude! I thought the thread was interesting and that is why I responded. Impersonators are all over the world for all sorts of stars. Of course there are people who are talentless and can't hold a tune, they shouldn't bother. But if a guy goes up on stage, has a beautiful singing voice and looks quality wants wrong with impersonation. Elvis didnt have a problem with impersonators so dont be so militant in your thinking. Same kinda answer back, if you dont like them dont let them bother you and move on.

Getlo
10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Getlo, first of all I am not a Dude!

Dudette, then.

I thought the thread was interesting and that is why I responded.

By telling us we're wasting our time with "hate": "Dont be so judgemental and hate. If you dont like it...move on.... " ;)

But if a guy goes up on stage, has a beautiful singing voice and looks quality wants wrong with impersonation.

All impersonators suck, IMO, whether they be of Elvis or any other artist. If someone wants to go up on stage singing Elvis tunes that's great. (y) I just don't need to see anyone else but The Man Himself wearing a jumpsuit and moving like that! (n) Overall, they do a great disservice to his image and lasting legacy (but this has been debated in the ETA's thread I believe ...)

ms_epblvd
10-15-2007, 07:21 PM
I agree Getlo that if they can sing great. MOST definately do look ridiculous! AND NO ONE no matter how good they try will ever fill Elvis' shoes. I wil say though I dont think EPE really should be promoting any impersonator contest like they did in August. I was very surprised to see that. I believe they have enough of a Legacy to promote without the silliness of an impersonator contest. That made no sence to me why they would get involved in something like that.

Getlo
10-15-2007, 07:23 PM
I I wil say though I dont think EPE really should be promoting any impersonator contest like they did in August. I was very surprised to see that. That made no sence to me why they would get involved in something like that.

Ca-CHING! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's why!!

ms_epblvd
10-15-2007, 07:25 PM
I understand everything is money with EPE but how much could they make with that? They certainly didnt sell out of the contest in August. I was getting emails promoting it till the last day I left with discounts etc. What kind of money is going to be made with an impersonator?

ksimms2
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
All impersonators suck, IMO, whether they be of Elvis or any other artist. If someone wants to go up on stage singing Elvis tunes that's great. I just don't need to see anyone else but The Man Himself wearing a jumpsuit and moving like that! Overall, they do a great disservice to his image and lasting legacy (but this has been debated in the ETA's thread I believe ...)

Getlo, I have to disagree here. I was never able to see Elvis perform live. I love seeing a good ETA perform. I don't think they all suck....we have some as members here on this site too. So I don't think that is very nice to say....sorry.

presley31
10-15-2007, 07:27 PM
All impersonators suck, IMO, whether they be of Elvis or any other artist. If someone wants to go up on stage singing Elvis tunes that's great. I just don't need to see anyone else but The Man Himself wearing a jumpsuit and moving like that! Overall, they do a great disservice to his image and lasting legacy (but this has been debated in the ETA's thread I believe ...)

Getlo, I have to disagree here. I was never able to see Elvis perform live. I love seeing a good ETA perform. I don't think they all suck....we have some as members here on this site too. So I don't think that is very nice to say....sorry.

agreed kelly, l don't have problems with them.

ms_epblvd
10-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Getlo is just jealous he doesnt look good in sideburns.. Ha ha! Just kidding!!

Getlo
10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I understand everything is money with EPE but how much could they make with that? They certainly didnt sell out of the contest in August. I was getting emails promoting it till the last day I left with discounts etc. What kind of money is going to be made with an impersonator?

Impersonator contest ... linked with Sillerman's company ... linked with EPE ... linked with various promotions ... they made a squillion off it!

ksimms2
10-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Getlo is just jealous he doesnt look good in sideburns.. Ha ha! Just kidding!!

lol...Getlo is just a person who believes very strongly in certain things...he certainly has strong opinions thats for sure...;)

malc07
10-15-2007, 10:36 PM
I have seen loads of ETAs and some are rubbish,and some are very good....and IMO.they are a good thing..most that i have seen do not try to be ELVIS infact they say this..but for some people Me included its good to see these shows.they try in their own way to help keep his music alive

rhythmknights
10-15-2007, 10:39 PM
so other than yours truly, who do you hate in the ELVIS world and why? I sure have a list that's way to long, and reasons why, my first pick would have to be ESPOSITO, Ii just got to talkin with a fan who told me that he attended a convention lst summer amd ESPOSITO was guest of honour, and all he wanted to talk about was the idea of his new book, and was charging 20 .00 per autograph and photo, not to mention his fee for attending the event $1000.00, i mean is this clown for real, i understand the appearance fee[way to **************** high, i'd rather have ELVIS dog GET LO[if he were still with us], but to charge fans money for autograph, please where is your sense of decency man, I can only blame fans who pay and make a fuss over such tripe as this, i know that CHARLIE also charged fans 10.00 a autograph in 78 at the 78 CONVENTION, he soon stopped because he became so hated by fans for doing this. I say ESPOSITO would be more suited as a dog catcher, or hot dog vendor[stop ripping the fans off and have some respect for the same people ELVIS PRESLEY had respect for. sorry just my little rant, ok guys your next.

Excuse me?:jawdrop: For esposito's autograph? Elvis never charged for his own autographs & gave them away by the hundreds in a single afternoon, & he even gave away autographed scarves at his concerts!:notworthy i can understand charging a fee to appear - ya gotta get there. But let's put it in perspective - Liz Murray appeared at our college at the beginning of the schoolterm, & i'm sure she was paid, but she was formerly a homeless child/ward of the state who picked herself up & graduated from Harvard from sheer determination & drive. esposito - well, didn't really care one way or the other before, but now - come on!(n)

franny
10-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Impersonator contest ... linked with Sillerman's company ... linked with EPE ... linked with various promotions ... they made a squillion off it!

Who hasn't? :lol:

franny

cameron
10-16-2007, 01:37 AM
I don't mind the Tribute Artists at all.
They keep Elvis and his music Alive.

As some has said; they never got to see the real thing.
Why shouldn't they enjoy a similar show depicting Elvis if done in good taste ? It's done all the time in movies with other celebreties .

We all know no one can compare to Elvis; but close your eyes and sometimes you're almost there .;)

ksimms2
10-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Excuse me?:jawdrop: For esposito's autograph? Elvis never charged for his own autographs & gave them away by the hundreds in a single afternoon, & he even gave away autographed scarves at his concerts!:notworthy i can understand charging a fee to appear - ya gotta get there. But let's put it in perspective - Liz Murray appeared at our college at the beginning of the schoolterm, & i'm sure she was paid, but she was formerly a homeless child/ward of the state who picked herself up & graduated from Harvard from sheer determination & drive. esposito - well, didn't really care one way or the other before, but now - come on!(n)

Rhythmknights....want to tell you #1 I agree 100% with what you said and #2 man I love your avatar, Elvis looks so HOT in that photo! Drooling here...lol. :notworthy

ksimms2
10-16-2007, 01:44 AM
I have seen loads of ETAs and some are rubbish,and some are very good....and IMO.they are a good thing..most that i have seen do not try to be ELVIS infact they say this..but for some people Me included its good to see these shows.they try in their own way to help keep his music alive

I agree Malcolm. I was lucky enough to see Steve Roberti here in Florida where I live....my first ever ETA. He was very good. He doesn't have a huge live show like others with their own back up bands, etc. but he was very good. The main thing is, he thanked Elvis Presley for without him, this would not be possible. He let's us know up front, he is paying tribute to the one and only Elvis.....

Getlo
10-16-2007, 06:09 AM
I don't mind the Tribute Artists at all.
They keep Elvis and his music Alive.

Elvis and his music do a good enough job of keeping him "alive". Take away the ETAs (I wish!) and the world keeps on spinning, and Elvis would be just as popular. ETAs contribute nothing; but people who go to see them contribute money.

We all know no one can compare to Elvis; but close your eyes and sometimes you're almost there .;)

Almost where, exactly? :lmfao: No ETA's voice can even compare, eyes closed or open!

May
10-16-2007, 02:25 PM
There is a guy I saw once in the UK who sang Elvis songs. He wasnt an impersonator as he didnt dress up or try to do any of the 'actions' Elvis did. IMO he was THE best singer, and closest of ANY of the Elvis 'impersonators' I have ever heard. He sang one of my favourites, Young & Beautiful, and I swear it could have been Elvis himself. He was a shortish guy - bald, ok looking, but the best thing about him was he was dressed in a tuxedo and didnt even TRY to be Elvis. He accepted - like most of the impersonators out there should - that no-one comes near to the real thing - so stop trying to.

Lisarose
10-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Elvis and his music do a good enough job of keeping him "alive". Take away the ETAs (I wish!) and the world keeps on spinning, and Elvis would be just as popular. ETAs contribute nothing; but people who go to see them contribute money. Almost where, exactly? :lmfao: No ETA's voice can even compare, eyes closed or open!

(y) couldn't agree more!

If Life were fair, Elvis would be alive & the impersonators would be dead. - Johnny Carson.

I don't mind impersonators, I don't adore or hate them. I don't like the ones who seem to have been invaded by the body snatchers & think they are the one who can be the next Elvis. [reference to the guy who won that reality show contest] Okay, that should be your hint, guy, you should try to be the next great (insert your own name here). I don't remember the Beatles saying they would be the next Elvis, Bono is a great fan of Elvis, but he doesn't want to be Elvis. As an Elvis fan, I just want to enjoy the man he was, listen to my vast Elvis cd collection, and watch all my Elvis dvd's.

cameron
10-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Actually, ETA's don't bother me because I don't go to see them.
For the ones that were not around at that time period; it's fine with me if they want to try and capture a part of that time.

I've heard a few; just not gone to see them. IF their performance is in good taste, I can't see they hurt anyone.

presley31
10-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I can't say l go out of my way looking at ETA's but have seen a few that seemed to be ok but nothing comes clear to elvis.

malc07
10-17-2007, 07:08 PM
The ones that I have seen.pay tribute to Elvis...I agree there are those who like to think that they are him...but I have not seen any of these..
No ONE could ever come even the slightest bit close to ELVIS...but some are quite entertaining...and I do think they try to keep his music alive...
would be interested to hear Gelto's views on the "ELVIS IN CONCERT" shows.?

Getlo
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
would be interested to hear Gelto's views on the "ELVIS IN CONCERT" shows.?

I assume you mean the live shows with the TCB Band and the video screens, and not the Omaha and Rapid City shows from June '77?

If it's the former, then yes I saw the shows: twice back in '99 when they came to Australia, and once again in October last year.

I thought they were great. Because they had the real (well, video) Elvis and not some bloke in a too-tight jumpsuit. The TCB Band was fantastic every time.

However, the recent bastardisation of the show (thank you, Bob Sillerman!) - with the footage of "Elvis" coming out of Graceland and flying by helicopter to the gig was a cheap and nasty idea.

Same with "Elvis" sticking his hand out of the limo during the intro to the Elvis Lives DVD. Ghastly. If it wasn't done by Elvis when he was alive, then *** do it now?