PDA

View Full Version : November 1972 - official Japanese footage

srj1967
01-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Here is a YouTube link to Japanese TV footage from November 1972 in Hawaii (Tiffany suit).

Picture quality is quite lousy. I have the same thing on VHS in not much better quality. My tape has some Japanese TV hosts throwing to the footage as well, but that's not included here. (This is not to be confused with the Japanese version of Aloha '73, which also has Japanese hosts and footage of Elvis' dressing room and the band rehearsing ... ) The subtitles in Japanese and English are shown at the start of each track.

And until some people on here prove me wrong, I will continue to believe this is the only "professional" concert footage available, apart from TTWII, On Tour, Aloha and In Concert.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyG44HwRA_s

There seems to be a lull in the other thread about this so-called "professional" footage as well. What's going on guys? Has that hotel meeting been agreed to, or is any footage forthcoming at all?

bogarcon
01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
yOUR'RE RIGHT AT ONE POINT..THIS IS PROBABLY THE ONLY ``PRO`` FILM SHOT BY CAMERA APART FROM THE EOT AND TTWII. I also have few songs on the Japanese Hawaii (tv broadcast) and for sure I know 3 peoples who were there in November and saw the Japanese TV crew, one of them has been on interview by them and he was on a tv special in Japan..the guy was an Elvis collector from Philadelphia...
have a nice day, Bogarcon

Mr.Aron77
01-31-2007, 02:08 AM
Yeah I agree. A lot of urban myths about pro footage from the 70's. Footage that people can never actually prove they have as it's "too valuable" or probabaly "non-existent".