PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this topic been covered...

Dudcowboy_1
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
I was just wounder but if Elvis was still alive? Do you think he would still be wearing some kind of flashy clothing (Like Jumpsuit or Two Piece suits) Or would he we wearing like Dress Shirt, Pants and sports jacket?

I think it would be the second one. I think sometime he would have gotten away from flashy suits.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley " A Tribute To Elvis Show"
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_11215517/.HomePage/__sr_/b346.jpg?gr3APtFBi0.OQX7o

01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I agreee.

I think Elvis would have evolved past Jumpsuits. But I guess we will never know!

Unchained Melody
01-21-2007, 06:03 PM
The one piece jumpsuites of the 70's would definitley be a thing of the past...and thats a good thing lol..As far as Elvis' fashion, i think you can bet he would still dress as flashey as he always did, he loved clothes and loved to look different.

MISSCLAWDY
01-22-2007, 10:59 AM
I think he wouldn't wear jumpsuits anymore , I can see him in black trousers , black shirts with puffy sleeves and white hair! Soooo Cool!!!!(y)

Suspicious Minds
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM
If Elvis was alive today. Back in 1978 I think he would have sacked the Colonel because of his gambling. The jumpsuits were going out of date fashion wise. Elvis was already trying new 2 piece suits. Some of those jumpsuits was heavy to wear on stage. After rehab of sorts he might have returned to making better films rather than touring the USA all the time.

:cold: :king:

CurlySusi
01-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I guess this depends on whether he would have got his act together or if he would have gone on like that for some more time....

If he would have found a way towards a healthier life I think he might dress quite elegant these days and would not be running around in tacky jogging suits...

nabelt24
01-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I think that Elvis would have dropped the jumpsuits, as fashions changed. He started the jumpsuit fad and I believe he would have come around with something new? I think two piece suits, similar to the style of a jumpsuit... if that makes any sense? Just flashy, with rhinestones, embroided designs and such. I'm sure that Bill Belew would have created something inovative. It would be cool to take some of the rhinestone designs and make them into a shirt and pant type thing?

EP6873
01-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Was that fashion already going out of style in 1977? I thought that all was strong up through the late 80s. I believe Elvis would have gone back to the simpler jumpsuits like in 1970, without all the ornaments and embroidary. Especially if he got back in shape he would look better in them and there would be no reason to change.

Tony Trout
01-23-2007, 04:01 PM
The jumpsuits had already 'worn out their welcome' by as early as 1973 and the "Aloha From Hawaii" show...maybe even a bit sooner than that. I would have loved to have seen him in those two-piece suits that he wore in parts of 1972 and 1975....

And if he'd only gotten rid of the Colonel after the big blowup in 1973 things definitely might have gone better...and he definitely needed to take a year or two off after the final June 1977 tour and gotten himself back in shape.....

Lisarose
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
He was definitely moving on. He followed the styles. He kept up with all the trends. Just as hairstyles changed, his clothing selections would have,too. (He didn't wear the jogging suits for appearances - just in his casual moments) Whatever the styles, he would have embraced them & added his own personal touches & people would be copying Elvis. I think he would be in elegant suits. My favorite Elvis pictures are the ones where he's wearing a tuxedo - the Frank Sinatra show, the YMCA Award. He was just spectacular.

memphis 77
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
no doubt that he would still dress a bit flasy[in a respectible way at his age], i would like to think a two piece, much like the ones he wore in the spring 75, even till today they would look good on a 71 year old ELVIS, who knows maybewas tiring of the jumpsuit thing even back then, but then again the last year of his life it was all jumpsuits that he wore, i sure would have liked him to have worn a 2pc for the IN CONCERT special. The sad thing is we have the question what if.....