PDA

View Full Version : New expanded Graceland Museum exhibit...

franny
12-30-2006, 02:08 AM
This was on EIN...
I think that would be cool to see!

franny

New expanded Graceland Museum exhibit for 2007
March 2007 a special exhibit of Elvis' stage costumes from 1969-1977 will open in the Graceland visitor center at the Sincerely Elvis Museum. This is an exhibition space that will feature a new themed exhibit each year. The permanent exhibits at Graceland relating the story of Elvis' career, also featuring a significant display of costumes, will remain. The special exhibit however will feature more than 50 additional Presley stage outfits, such as the famed "jumpsuits," with metal and rhinestone studding and matching capes, and others with elaborate embroidery. In addition, there will be related photographs, archival documents and performance footage. The special exhibit will be on display for two years.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/image-files/Graceland%20Cosutumes%202004.JPG

Diane
12-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Sounds good, thanks for posting Franny.:)

orwell1976
12-30-2006, 06:52 PM
I am a fan of the 1970's live shows so this sounds good to me. I hope that EPE will produce their new "Graceland" dvd when the new part of the exhibition is already in place. Because I cannot travel to Memphis (just to see the suits - it would go a bit too far, I guess) I would love to have impressions of the new exhibition on a dvd.

(y)

Sammy4Elvis
12-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Sounds good, its nice when they dispaly new things, so exciting!!!

Tommy
01-01-2007, 04:39 PM
That is wonderful news! Thank you franny(y)

Donut
01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
OOOh Cool (y) just in time. I?m going to Graceland on March so I guess I?ll come back with my digital camera full of new jumpsuit suits pics :P