PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Sean Shaver

srj1967
12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi,

I heard or read somewhere that Elvis fan and photographer Sean Shaver had died some time ago.

Also, if any of you are familiar with his magnificent coffee-table sized THE ELVIS BOOK... I know that he released Volume 2 first, then 3 and 4, but I never saw or heard of Volume 1.

There is a website (www.seanshaver.com) - run by a fan of Sean's. It's very amateur, and hasn't been updated in a while. It talks of "the memory of Sean" etc, but there are no details of his passing.

So, does anyone know what happened to him, and do any of you have his books? Great, aren't they.

I was in contact with Sean many years ago, and purchased almost all of his works. Sometimes the text was a bit lacking, but the pics were magnificent, especially for fans of the 70s and the jumpsuits. All of my books are signed by Sean.

If he is dead, I guess that might explain why Volume 1 of THE ELVIS BOOK was never done! But it doesn't explain why he began with Volume 2 in the first place ...

I always liked Sean's photo books (except when he faked one of the photos of he and Elvis together in one of the Elvis Books). Oh, and THE ELVIS BOOK VOLUME 4 was not very good.

Always liked him better than Paul Lichter ... man, that guy is full of crap!

Cheers.

Unchained Melody
12-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I know Sean took some of the BEST pictures of Elvis in the 70's but i've never heard anything about him dying or anything like that :hmm:.