PDA

View Full Version : A 50's stereo album in 2007?

EP75
12-10-2006, 09:51 PM
It's no secret that 2007 is the big 30th anniversary of EP's death but it's also the 50th anniversary of his biggest rock hit Jailhouse Rock. So why not RCA put together for the first time ever a remixed stereo mix album of the 1957-58 stereo mixes but with EP's voice in the middle and the music in surround format. Back in 1988 RCA released an album called Essential Elvis Volume 2-Stereo 57 of binaural stereo mixes and followed that up a couple years later with Essential Elvis Volume 3-Hits Like Never Before which were all outtakes in stereo from 1958. So now that we know certain songs have been released in binaural stereo mix, why not a real stereo mix of the 1957-58 tracks in stereo? There's nothing like this on the main stream market and I do believe that it would sell in large numbers with a good amount of promotion. This would be new and creative and appealing to casual fans, die hard fans and newer fans. Plus it's some of his biggest hits from his highest peak. Here's what I was thinking of.

1)Jailhouse Rock
2)Baby I Don't Care
3)Young And Beautiful
4)Treat Me Nice (movie version)
5)I Beg Of You
6)Is It So Strange
7)Blueberry Hill
8)Mean Woman Blues
9)That's When Your Heartaches Begin
10)Tell Me Why
11)All Shook Up
12)Got Alot O' Livin' To Do
13)I Believe
14)King Creole
15)A Fool Such As I
16)Your Cheatin' Heart
17)I Got Stung
18)I Need Your Love Tonight
19)Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
20)A Big Hunk O' Love
21)Crawfish (extened version)
22)Doncha Think It's Time
23)Ain't That Loving You Baby
24)Peace In The Valley

EP75
12-11-2006, 05:17 PM
No one likes this idea?:supriced:

Lonniebealestreet
12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Looks like a winner to me, EP75. I really enjoy the binaural mixes myself.

If I can dream, I'd also love to see a release of the final concert & Nashville '71 this coming year. But those would most certainly be FTDs.

EP75
12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I just think that they would be more appealing to the general public in stereo than binaural mixed.

Lonniebealestreet
12-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Much agreed. Just noting that the binaural mixes I've heard make a very cool listening experience.

Lonniebealestreet
12-11-2006, 08:27 PM
2007 will also mark 35 years since the release of Elvis On Tour. Would be a great time to get a proper EOT re-release in the style of Comeback & Aloha...and if they want to throw in all the missing TTWII footage, that wouldn't hurt its marketability.

Of course, if plans for such a project have not been announced by now, well, we'll see.

JerryNodak
12-12-2006, 05:48 AM
If they can mix those songs in true stereo I'll buy it. I'm probably in the the minority, but I don't care for binaural.

PiersEIN
12-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately you can't mix Binaural to Stereo.
(Otherwise it would obviously have been done before!)
Therefore the only way to do it would be fake "stereo reprocessing" and we had some awful LPs like that back in the seventies.

The only way you can get stereo is if you have a multi channel mix.
For instance 'Love Me Tender' where the 'safety' recording was actually a stereo mix, not just Binaural.

Good idea but. . . .

Cheers
Piers

EP75
12-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually this can be done and has been for at least one track. Treat Me Nice from Great Performances was remixed from binaural into stereo. So it can be done and RCA should try something new instead of staying old fashioned.

Unchained Melody
12-14-2006, 08:13 PM
2007 will also mark 35 years since the release of Elvis On Tour. Would be a great time to get a proper EOT re-release in the style of Comeback & Aloha...and if they want to throw in all the missing TTWII footage, that wouldn't hurt its marketability.

Of course, if plans for such a project have not been announced by now, well, we'll see.

Lets hope they releae EOT as a set...but like you said, if we haven't heard anything about it yet, its not very likley...you never know.

Wendy56
12-16-2006, 12:43 AM
I think the whole 1957 year should be commemorated... Was such an important year for Elvis ans the world's music.