PDA

View Full Version : Did Elvis know about his death?

senadw124
12-01-2006, 07:48 AM
When I sit and think of the last year of Elvis' life, I see some clues that maybe could indicate that he knew his life soon would end.

Take the jumpsuit at first, he wor it almost the whole year of 1977. Maybe he thougth he didn't need anymore, because he knew he was ending soon?

He wrote his will in april of 1977.

Almost most of the men and women from his mothers side died in the 40's, and maybe he thougth he inherited it?

One week before he died, he called his cook, don't remember her name, and she told that she could hear that his spark, and will to live was over.

At his last concert he said ''Adios, and may god bless you'' He didn't say ''until we meet again'' as he used too.

Please tell me if I'm wrong? :hmm:

jak
12-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Elvis died 8-16-1977.Add the numbers.You get 1977+16+8= 2001 His theme song.He knew it for a long time.

meg
12-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Elvis died 8-6-1977.Add the numbers.You get 1977+16+8= 2001 His theme song.He knew it for a long time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

elvis himselvis
12-01-2006, 11:24 AM
jak do you really think elvis tought about that???
because i don't think that

jak
12-01-2006, 12:04 PM

I was just joking.It is ironic though that the numbers add up to 2001.It's just a coincidence.Who knows what Elvis' own thoughts were back in 77.I dont personally think Elvis had any premonition of his death.I think sometimes we try to look for special meaning when there is none.It's hard when somebody like Elvis dies.He was just a man but yet he was perceived as so much more by so many including myself.It's best not to dwell on his death or how he died.Just remember the good things he did and continue to enjoy the music he left behind.
Jak

12-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Elvis expressed on occasion that he didn't think he would live past 42 - the age he thought his mother was when she died - she lied on her marriage certificate to wed Vernon.

As far as expressing something, and the obvious decline in his physical appearence and health, Elvis was preparing for a tour on August 16th 1977 and wasn't exactly buying up copper caskets or plots of land to be buried in.

As for what he said at his last concert - how many concerts didn't he say Untill We Meet You Again? Coincidental - by the way, Adios doesent mean goodbye for good.

Actually he wrote his last will on the 3rd of March 1977 - he was on tour after that date.

As for calling his cook - unless she was in Graceland, I do fidn it hard to believe that Elvis - who was withdrawing from those closest to him with the exception of Billy Smith - started to make personal calls to one of his many cooks.

And finally as for the life leaving him, it had been obvious for a few months that this was not a well man.

memphis 77
12-02-2006, 09:29 AM
the cook[mary jenkins] had said that E.P. wasn't himself, she tried to make him eat solids, [he was on the low cal jello diet] but she said that his favorite chicken fried steak was brought up and left by his door, she said it remained untouched for the whole night, the same night E.P. asked her to sow a tear in his blue silk shirt[something he never had her do] this was the last time she saw him alive, NANCY ROOKS was on duty that fateful night/day, and she said she remembered the call and giving it over to AL. Lets not forget that this was not the first time he o'd'd , billy said that he remembers 3 prior ocasions when he almost died, this time he od'd and no one was there to save them, i believe E.P. took himself out, he was suffering from generalized apathy[just my opinon though] he had the book comming out, he dreaded the start of another tour[no doubt], i believe the david stanley theroy, about e.p. saving or taking all the packets at once and the load just hit him on the comode, and not in bed as he probably preffered.,again this is only my opinion.

12-02-2006, 10:18 AM
I disagree, EP bit part of his tongue off, I dont think he intentionally killed himself, especially with lisa in the house.

Joe Car
12-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Elvis expressed on occasion that he didn't think he would live past 42 - the age he thought his mother was when she died - she lied on her marriage certificate to wed Vernon.

As far as expressing something, and the obvious decline in his physical appearence and health, Elvis was preparing for a tour on August 16th 1977 and wasn't exactly buying up copper caskets or plots of land to be buried in.

As for what he said at his last concert - how many concerts didn't he say Untill We Meet You Again? Coincidental - by the way, Adios doesent mean goodbye for good.

Actually he wrote his last will on the 3rd of March 1977 - he was on tour after that date.

As for calling his cook - unless she was in Graceland, I do fidn it hard to believe that Elvis - who was withdrawing from those closest to him with the exception of Billy Smith - started to make personal calls to one of his many cooks.

And finally as for the life leaving him, it had been obvious for a few months that this was not a well man.

I can't imagine what this poor man went through his last 8 months, he certainly deserved better.

TCE
12-05-2006, 06:40 AM
It's a fact that Elvis had several special gifts, not only his voice, so why not knowing that he would have to live that long? I ones read a story that Elvis had dreamed about his mum teling him that it was time to come, not too long before he died. He'd told it to someone (Don't know who.) and when his cook asked him what he wanted to eat on the 16th. he just smiled and said: You don't have to prepare anything for me tomorrow. The story gave me goosepumps. I tell ya. Ofcourse many stories have been told and I'm don't have paranormal gifts, but I believe in them strongly.
JAK, I agree with you 100%. Nobody will ever know what happened or what Elvis thoughts where. Let's remember the good times and memories we could share with Elvis.

Christel (TCE)

presley
12-05-2006, 08:04 AM
l don't think elvis tried to lill himself either, he knew that people that kill themselves do not go to heaven, and his wish was to go to heaven and be be with his family.

riley
12-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Elvis was a very ill man and he knew his time was coming.
I'm pretty sure about that

Tony Trout
12-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Elvis was a very ill man and he knew his time was coming.
I'm pretty sure about that

I don't think he knew he'd leave this world as soon as he did, though....

Diane
12-05-2006, 09:25 AM
I totally agree with TonyTrout. I think Elvis was feeling bad enough to wonder about it but I don't believe he took his own life.

memphis 77
12-05-2006, 10:25 AM
well i also believe that it could be 2 other things that contributed to his death, he was struggling with constipation[a side effect of medication, especially uppers and downers], it could be he forced preesure in his body and a great force like that can give you heart arithmia[heart attack], but i remember seeing the 20/20 cover up with GERALDO RIVERA, he dispelled the myth of heart attack , as E.P.'s arteries were years away from being clogged, all the tests they ran independantly with patholigists confirmed that he died of OVERDOSE[9 differn't drugs were found in his body at the time of death. Another theroy that i would like to believe is tha GOD had seen that he served his will and called him home. Again i do believe that E.P. was bored of life , BILLY had said that the last vacation he took didn't make his mood improve, that much and durring the last year and a half he was severly depressed, as dr nick also wanted him to seek treatments for deprresion, anxiety, he suffered then from manic depression[bi polar] disorder,most people who are bi polar do not live long[no energy, apathy, letargic, etc...
again this is just my opinions.

Jungleroom76
12-05-2006, 02:36 PM
While it is well known that Elvis didn't think he would live much past 42 years old (as 0349054 pointed out), I don't necessarily know if Elvis KNEW he was going to die when he did. :hmm:

As others pointed out here...while Elvis was indeed ill and obviously dependent on prescription medication, he was preparing for a tour starting on August 16th and still had Lisa Marie at Graceland with him. If Elvis "knew" he was going to die, I doubt he would have been preparing to go out on another tour and he CERTAINLY would not have wanted Lisa around the mansion to see her Daddy die.

Of course, everything that was said by the members of the entourage around the time of Elvis' death has been called into question at one time or another, but Charlie Hodge did say that Elvis seemed very upbeat and ready for the tour, even rehearsing some new material for the tour. Whether this is true or not will probably never be known, but if it was true, then obviously that is another indication that Elvis wasn't expecting to die.

While definitely tragic and untimely, I don't think that Elvis "knew" he was going to die....

...now what CAUSED him to die is a topic that will probably be debated for a LONG time... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

vulcandude
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
the cook[mary jenkins] had said that E.P. wasn't himself, she tried to make him eat solids, [he was on the low cal jello diet] but she said that his favorite chicken fried steak was brought up and left by his door, she said it remained untouched for the whole night, the same night E.P. asked her to sow a tear in his blue silk shirt[something he never had her do] this was the last time she saw him alive, NANCY ROOKS was on duty that fateful night/day, and she said she remembered the call and giving it over to AL. Lets not forget that this was not the first time he o'd'd , billy said that he remembers 3 prior ocasions when he almost died, this time he od'd and no one was there to save them, i believe E.P. took himself out, he was suffering from generalized apathy[just my opinon though] he had the book comming out, he dreaded the start of another tour[no doubt], i believe the david stanley theroy, about e.p. saving or taking all the packets at once and the load just hit him on the comode, and not in bed as he probably preffered.,again this is only my opinion.You have got to be kidding me right? Elvis committing suicide? I don't think so. And as for the meds they found in his body at the time of his death, I remember that they were all in the proper amounts as prescribed. I don't think Elvis planned to die....why have Lisa Marie there if he was going to do that? I have heard he was upbeat and looking forward to the new tour, not just from Charlie Hodge, but from Joe Esposito as well. I do know that he had apparently told some of thed band members to look for other possible work after the tour, so I think he was going to make some changes in his life. We all know Elvis was ill, but what always has bothered me most was that the people around him knew how he was feeling, or at least should have, and yet, where is everyone when he dies? Ginger's asleep in the bed, and no one even bothers to check on him. I don't think Elvis made his will because he thought he would die.....if that were the case, then anytime anyone made a will could be looked at suspiciously. And as far as the suit.....I think he just happened to enjoy it. Besides a new one was made for the new tour. We'll never know what happened exactly, but I do know Elvis did not committ suicide.

Dudcowboy_1
12-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I believe Elvis never knew it was coming. No one knowns when they are going to die. Was he afraid that it might have been passed down to him with heart problem and part of family dieing before there 50s yes. On my grandmothers side a lot of my family had cancer in their 60s and 70s even though its 40 years away I'm afraid I might get it.

But as far as Elvis knowing he was going die. I don't think he did.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

JDD
12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I can't say I agree with the no one knows part. I had a close family member tell me one morning to call everyone and let him know its his time if they wanted to stop by now is the time . He died that night. He appeared to be improving prior to that. I think Sometimes you just know.

After reading the long laundry list of health Problems Elvis had, I can believe that he was getting tired of it and maybe even wished it would end. Killing himself thats another story.

I believe Elvis never knew it was coming. No one knowns when they are going to die. Was he afraid that it might have been passed down to him with heart problem and part of family dieing before there 50s yes. On my grandmothers side a lot of my family had cancer in their 60s and 70s even though its 40 years away I'm afraid I might get it.

But as far as Elvis knowing he was going die. I don't think he did.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

Suspicious Minds
12-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Elvis new his time was nearly up when he done Elvis In Concert show. Joe had to help Elvis walk off stage. The look Elvis gave to his Dad after singing Unchained Melody. Everyone knows Elvis had prescription drugs and liked to experiment sometimes with them. It's a coincidence that his numbers came to 2001 the day he died. I thought Elvis knew a lot about drugs and what they could for him. Did he make a mistake on 16/8/77? Or did someone unknown make a drug mixture that killed Elvis? Makes you wonder if the helicopter story is true after all.

meg
12-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Elvis new his time was nearly up when he done Elvis In Concert show. Joe had to help Elvis walk off stage. The look Elvis gave to his Dad after singing Unchained Melody. Everyone knows Elvis had prescription drugs and liked to experiment sometimes with them. It's a coincidence that his numbers came to 2001 the day he died. I thought Elvis knew a lot about drugs and what they could for him. Did he make a mistake on 16/8/77? Or did someone unknown make a drug mixture that killed Elvis? Makes you wonder if the helicopter story is true after all.

Why all this conspiracies?He took too much!The same thing happened the first time in St Louis June 1973 !

memphis 77
12-06-2006, 07:43 AM
no doubt this is a complicated issue, for years everyone has disected this topic but we always come out wonderin, i just don't know, but i do really think it was an od, and the level at wich he was taking these meds was lethal, i will stick with 2 notions , 1. GERALDO RIVERAS 20/20 report, by the best patholigist, in the country, and DAN WORLOCK, ELVIS died of drug overdose, 2. THAT the attack packets he was given , he stored up and took them all at once [david stanleys theorey. I ts not absurd to think that he done himself in, he was severly depressed, just look at his motivation[he had none[, he wasn't interested in living anymore, he was suffering from apathy, in the worst way, and as a result his performances were lackluster, i also believe that he was saying goodbye , lets not forget, that e.p. was a self centered being[lisa being there] he hardly paid attention to her that visit, as she staed on the vh1 special, so give me a break vulcan, to many things are to co incedental, he did not want to do the cbs special, VERNON had to plead with him to do it , for financial reasons, his last vacation he was k.o. for most of the time, as both billy and al strada said, he did not seem that happy during this vacation, as for ESPOSITO, he has no credability, he has changed his sory numerous times, and as for CHARLIE lets not forget that it had bin over 2 weeks since he saw elvis , eventhough he was staying on the property, and rehersing before the tour[pure b.s.] billy had said he remeberd the whole 7 weeks that e.p. only sang down at the court on the eve of that tour, hullett got a call thhe morning before and elvis asked how the sales of tickets were, something he never did in the 6 years that he worked for elvis, he was worried about that book, and dreading another tour, wake up people , if you witnessed all the 18 shows that i did durring the last 4 months of his life you would accept that something was definetly wrong , especially the way he rushed through the oldies songs and yet he had a bit more intrest in singing my way, hurt , mountain, unchained.

Dudcowboy_1
12-06-2006, 10:08 AM
this will sum it up really easy.

Only one that knows is Elvis himself, but he's not here so...

Love to all,
Tim Dudley "A Tribute to Elvis Show."

IMETJB
12-06-2006, 10:19 AM
I always believed that although he didn't know he was going to die on August 16th...everything in his body and heart told him that the end was approaching. Perhaps he wasn't conscious of it--I don't think he was. I found it odd, too, that he said "Adios" during the last few shows...that fact would fuel a great plot to assume that he planned his death but...I think it was a Freudian slip of larger, spiritual preportions on his part.

presley
12-06-2006, 10:29 AM
l think he knew he was going to go because his body was so sore and bloated. l read somewhee that people who saw him up close say he had a grayish to his skin, and that normally means you don't have long to live.

memphis 77
12-07-2006, 08:18 AM
presley that's a good point, durring the last two tours that i followed E.P. was white as a sheet, in rodchester it was even more apparent that he was pale than usual, ELVIS was always fare, but durring this show i remember his hands as always were scuffed up, but they were so slim, his energy was there for the first 4 songs, but after if you love me..... he was just burnt out , his voice was also weezing like a tea kettle, this show and deluth were particularly memrable, he was not well at all, all the regulars fans knew it, even len leech didn't want to take anymore photos of the sping tour. I believe he felt himself going, despite the re assureances that he said don't believe what you read or hear that i'm in great health[denial] .

vulcandude
12-11-2006, 09:46 AM
no doubt this is a complicated issue, for years everyone has disected this topic but we always come out wonderin, i just don't know, but i do really think it was an od, and the level at wich he was taking these meds was lethal, i will stick with 2 notions , 1. GERALDO RIVERAS 20/20 report, by the best patholigist, in the country, and DAN WORLOCK, ELVIS died of drug overdose, 2. THAT the attack packets he was given , he stored up and took them all at once [david stanleys theorey. I ts not absurd to think that he done himself in, he was severly depressed, just look at his motivation[he had none[, he wasn't interested in living anymore, he was suffering from apathy, in the worst way, and as a result his performances were lackluster, i also believe that he was saying goodbye , lets not forget, that e.p. was a self centered being[lisa being there] he hardly paid attention to her that visit, as she staed on the vh1 special, so give me a break vulcan, to many things are to co incedental, he did not want to do the cbs special, VERNON had to plead with him to do it , for financial reasons, his last vacation he was k.o. for most of the time, as both billy and al strada said, he did not seem that happy during this vacation, as for ESPOSITO, he has no credability, he has changed his sory numerous times, and as for CHARLIE lets not forget that it had bin over 2 weeks since he saw elvis , eventhough he was staying on the property, and rehersing before the tour[pure b.s.] billy had said he remeberd the whole 7 weeks that e.p. only sang down at the court on the eve of that tour, hullett got a call thhe morning before and elvis asked how the sales of tickets were, something he never did in the 6 years that he worked for elvis, he was worried about that book, and dreading another tour, wake up people , if you witnessed all the 18 shows that i did durring the last 4 months of his life you would accept that something was definetly wrong , especially the way he rushed through the oldies songs and yet he had a bit more intrest in singing my way, hurt , mountain, unchained. No, you give me a break. The Stanleys are untrustworthy whatsoever, and I fully believe they were only there for the money. Any story one of them comes out from them I find a lot less credible than Charlie Hodge or Joe Esposito. I remember that the levels of the meds in his system at the time of his death were not at lethal levels, and I also think Geraldo was just trying to get ratings because this was such a hot issue then. To say his performances were lackluster is also not true, if you watch the clip from the CBS special where he sings "Hound Dog", (you can find it on Google video), he gets very into it. As for his performances of the songs you mentioned, they were anything but lackluster. As I have said in a previous post, he was looking forward to the new tour, he had Lisa Marie with him, so he had no reason to od. Your reasoning is based on info from some very untrustworthy people.....the Stanleys.

memphis 77
12-11-2006, 11:47 AM
yes vulcan i have seen the cbs concert many a time, if you review some of the performances from the winter, spring and summer tours you will clearly see /hear that E.P. was not with it and most of the performances were just that LACKLUSTER , over the years the medley of songs like teddybear/don't be cruel, houndog and jailhouse were awfully treated, YOU think hound dog from cbs was good[absolute rubbish, compaired to the treatment it got in the summer of 72[my opinion though], and i suppose deluth, omaha were real good shows, with his eyes closed , feeble on his feet, shakin like a leaf, hmmm i guess you just can't handle the truth, as hard as it is to even write it, as for the stanleys, I said that i agree with davids theory of the packets, and as for GERALDO RIVERA, this was a subject that no one wanted to touch he was the only one that had the b...s to do it and he and charlie thompson did a comprehensive and thorough examination of the last days of E.P.'s life , there was resistance from so many people including VERNON the year before when he was approached to participate[he was demanding 50,00] for an interview[ gee he loved elvis ] , and the 9 differn't narcotics that were found in his system were a lethal combination, never mind doseage, maybe you should have a look at the tape .

poormansgold
12-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Know what It's 29 years ago, The things change The Hospials The Mecs, The cancer Living Rate is Up , I see Healthy Men Died and Died of slow way
My Step Father Was Healthy man, he was 63 he die, It's Took 10 years He died and He know he was dying , he had brain tumor and the doctors move it that's made him worst , he lost part of right side , it's wasn't few years he had stroke, bad one , he know that time his time is up , he use be in band and singer . I believe that some people know they are dying, my unlce Les, He give his wallet to my aunt, the last words He spoke, I don't needed tomorrow and he say I love you , next morning he was dead., we never know the real story On Elvis, Next 46 Years .
If He Have Cancer He didn't Show It , I think the last tour Show It ,
If He was took Pills For It, It's Was keep going long He can.
The Word Of narcotics not been in this way, we are used pills everyday and for something to get us going.
Let Him Rest In peace, this not Perfect World andf no one is perfect,
See I had Stoke Too , at brith and I got Speech problem and Epilepsy From The Stoke .
That's My why my writing not Pecfect.
tom

memphis 77
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
i understand what you are saying poormans gold, and you are right, i will let it rest and onnce again i appololigize to everyone, for the comments, i'm passionate about E.P. he has taken 40 years of my life[an extreme obsession] i can't shake, again i appoligize to everyone.

presley
12-12-2006, 10:14 AM
It is just so sad to lose such a good man like that at a early age like that, but he's in a better place now, with his family, resting in peace. Does everybody know when his mom died, wasn't it aug 14?

poormansgold
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
She die On 14th Of August and she was 46 she die

vulcandude
12-18-2006, 08:04 AM
yes vulcan i have seen the cbs concert many a time, if you review some of the performances from the winter, spring and summer tours you will clearly see /hear that E.P. was not with it and most of the performances were just that LACKLUSTER , over the years the medley of songs like teddybear/don't be cruel, houndog and jailhouse were awfully treated, YOU think hound dog from cbs was good[absolute rubbish, compaired to the treatment it got in the summer of 72[my opinion though], and i suppose deluth, omaha were real good shows, with his eyes closed , feeble on his feet, shakin like a leaf, hmmm i guess you just can't handle the truth, as hard as it is to even write it, as for the stanleys, I said that i agree with davids theory of the packets, and as for GERALDO RIVERA, this was a subject that no one wanted to touch he was the only one that had the b...s to do it and he and charlie thompson did a comprehensive and thorough examination of the last days of E.P.'s life , there was resistance from so many people including VERNON the year before when he was approached to participate[he was demanding 50,00] for an interview[ gee he loved elvis ] , and the 9 differn't narcotics that were found in his system were a lethal combination, never mind doseage, maybe you should have a look at the tape .I think, if anything, if the treatments of "Teddy Bear" and the like were lackluster, it was because he was tired of doing them, not because of his health. After all, you are talking about songs he'd been doing for 20 years by that point......if it had been me, I'd have been tired of them too from his perspective. If you agree with with David Stanley's theory, that means you agree with the suiicide notion!:mad: As for Geraldo, you talk about a guy who's proffession is what I like to call "scandal TV"......it's not really news, or even trustworthy, it's there for ratings. And I can understand why Vernon and others would have been resistant to the interviews....I'd have been too. Vernon loved Elvis, we all know that. As far as for the "lethal combination" of meds you speak of, again I mention Elvis had his own Physicians Desk Reference.....he knew what he had, what it was for, so therefore I'll stick to my convictions on that he didn't od, fair enough?

n-gageboy
12-21-2006, 11:09 AM

yeah he did think about that, but not especially about his death. He was very interested in numerology and he once gave me a book to read, called " Cheiro's Book if Numbers" He found out that he was a number 8. A lotta famous ppl have born under the number 8.
So the description of this number was, Very successfull but it live will end very early or something like that.
greetings

laura
12-21-2006, 11:20 AM
like he once said to his bodyguards, he was tired of "being elvis presley" ( whatever this implied in his mind ) and if we strictly analyse that quote it could only meant one thing, after all, the only escape he could afford in this situation was "sneaking" outside his own body that has become his jail. Not sure it was a conscious thinking, but that issue was somehow maybe rambling at the back of his mind.

orwell1976
12-23-2006, 12:43 AM
I think you are right. In the end, he just didn't want to be Elvis Presley anymore, but I guess he did not know what to do (and how to act) instead. He was depressed, heavily addicted and nearly broke. But still I don't think that Elvis killed himself, simply because you don't do that while sitting on the toilet with your pants down (at least not, if you don't have some very special kind of humor). So I guess it was just an accident. Elvis took already so much stuff that a little bit more (the drugs that his dentist had given to him) was enough to kill him. So he could have known that he was about to die and to judge from what the people surrounding him said, he knew that he would be dead soon if he didn't chance his lifestyle completely. He did not change, so I believe Elvis just let it happen. He just did not care anymore, like all the other drug addicts. They just continue to destroy themselfs.

:hmm:

Genie
10-12-2008, 01:16 AM
:doh:
When I sit and think of the last year of Elvis' life, I see some clues that maybe could indicate that he knew his life soon would end.

Take the jumpsuit at first, he wor it almost the whole year of 1977. Maybe he thougth he didn't need anymore, because he knew he was ending soon?

He wrote his will in april of 1977.

Almost most of the men and women from his mothers side died in the 40's, and maybe he thougth he inherited it?

One week before he died, he called his cook, don't remember her name, and she told that she could hear that his spark, and will to live was over.

At his last concert he said ''Adios, and may god bless you'' He didn't say ''until we meet again'' as he used too.

No I can't tell you that you are wrong..........................there will always be a loss and a feeling that we love this man so much that we want him to be someplace happy...not dead. In truth no one would be willing to allow him to be happy... he might as well (if alive) just die for real.
So when people come forward trying to prove he is out there, why the heck don't they count their blessings, say their prayers and let the man live....he was never allowed to really LIVE.............his fans and his so called MM family,...were his everyday life....if we get tired, burnt out, we move along....
he took it a long time, and he took a slap in the face from 'Cilla that no man of his heart and soul should ever have had to.... so bring on the girls, laugh, party, be happy as possible...until tabloids and jerks write trash about you, then your own "True" friends write trash....suddenly, what is there?
People who LOVE Elvis, or LOVED him, :king:do not write trash about him!
I would want out too..... be it for real, or be it a fake.. who the heck cares to dig it up now? Let him be...and as far as people in the hospital room....
Guess again...........and take a guess who one of them was.
Leave the King to his life, or to his death...and laugh all you want...he can see and hear us all from here or from heaven... think about that..:mad:

hounddog
10-12-2008, 01:27 AM
"he had a grayish to his skin, and that normally means you don't have long to live"

Oh i don't know that. I spent two years looking pretty grey due to server anemia and a body in shut down mode.

The grey skin does means he was very sick though and most likely in my opinion not being treated well medically. And i'm not talking about doctors presribing him drugs (uppers, sleeping pills etc) i just mean a proper physical to find out what was wrong with him.

I don't think he thought he time was close, i believe he knew he was pushing past what he should. Doing more than he could physically handle

epmoodyblue
10-12-2008, 07:56 AM
well there are lots of different opinions.just opinions.......heres mines ..besides being very ill with lots of medical problems. plus the book his bodyguards were about to release really hurt him..elvis did not know his time would soon be up that soon in 77.. but he probably thought another mixture of whatever he was taking in aug 77 would be the usual..he takes it on to the next tour..sadly his heart didint make it this time and he passed away..like linda thompson said many times ..she didint want to see elvis self destruct. and elvis knew he was on apath of self destruction...its tragic but thats the way it went down....wish he was still alive he needed help ..but then how do you help someone who refuses to be helped,elvis didint care anymore he let go on everything ..tragic:'(:king:

riley
10-12-2008, 08:19 AM
:notworthygood post

CRITTERGITTER
10-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Maybe he thought it was the only way out.

medleyofcostumes
10-12-2008, 10:44 AM
IMO, Elvis was a prescribed medication junkie. Like other junkies (drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc), he did not realise how serious his condition was. In various occasions he felt sad about his physical state but was emotionally and physically unable to sort himself up and start afresh.

The coincidences mentioned earlier...that's what they are coincidences.

Remember, if it wasn't for Linda Thompson (and others), Elvis would have died in 1975 - there were at least 2 documented life threatening events:
1. Almost chocking to death while falling asleep while eating, and
2. While on a plane E couldn't breath and an emergency landing was arranged.

After 1975, Elvis appeared to accept his declining health and left it at that. Challenges were few, and when one came up (CBS Special), it was just too late. Still, after 1975, there were hopes of a recovery - October - December 1976, but that was not meant to be.

Unchained Melody
10-12-2008, 10:54 AM
IMO, Elvis was a prescribed medication junkie. Like other junkies (drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc), he did not realise how serious his condition was. In various occasions he felt sad about his physical state but was emotionally and physically unable to sort himself up and start afresh.

The coincidences mentioned earlier...that's what they are coincidences.

Remember, if it wasn't for Linda Thompson (and others), Elvis would have died in 1975 - there were at least 2 documented life threatening events:
1. Almost chocking to death while falling asleep while eating, and
2. While on a plane E couldn't breath and an emergency landing was arranged.

After 1975, Elvis appeared to accept his declining health and left it at that. Challenges were few, and when one came up (CBS Special), it was just too late. Still, after 1975, there were hopes of a recovery - October - December 1976, but that was not meant to be.

1975 wasn't the only time he came to near death experience. Also in '73, somewhere during the June tour of that year he almost overdosed.

But to answer the original question, No, I don't think he knew he was going to die, he was in such denial about everything he believed he had it under control and I think he thought nothing would ever happen to him..

Donut
10-12-2008, 02:58 PM
He couldn't know he was going to die, he could not have been feeling well but he had not any terminal illness. Billy Smith says Elvis told him it was going to be the best tour ever, doesn't sound to me like a man expecting to die.

shelley.m.
10-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Elvis died 8-16-1977.Add the numbers.You get 1977+16+8= 2001 His theme song.He knew it for a long time.

I've heard about that one as well a long time ago.That when you add all those numbers up you get 2001.

hounddog
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
also if you add up 1935 +42+8+16 you get 2001. It was in something i read about numbers and Elvis.

presley31
10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Not sure what to think about this one. I know that when my uncle was dying right before he died he told my aunt that he saw his parents waiting for him and than after that he was gone , but in elvis case l really don't think he knew.

hounddog
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
My Mum's tells about how he Grandma told her that my Mum's great grandad went out for a ride on a horse which he hadn't done for ages (he was 92) said goodnight to everyone and told them he would die in the night. When they woke up next morning he'd died in the night.

Unchained Melody
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I've heard about that one as well a long time ago.That when you add all those numbers up you get 2001.

I wouldn't think much of that...

Unchained Melody
10-13-2008, 09:33 PM
He couldn't know he was going to die, he could not have been feeling well but he had not any terminal illness. Billy Smith says Elvis told him it was going to be the best tour ever, doesn't sound to me like a man expecting to die.

Correct. He was excercising and getting ready for that next tour, he talked to his father that night and Vernon told him he was going to go on the tour with Elvis, and Elvis said the more the merrier. All in all, I don't think he was going to die, like I said, Elvis thought he could go forever like he was and you just can't do that.

Erhan
10-14-2008, 04:05 AM

In His Last Concert Elvis said someting like that: "if you want us comeback We'll comeback!"
tk7TrGqh-ec

Adios Amigos

Cliff
10-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Strange one this. ' Cause I saw an interview with Kathy Westmoreland on You Tube, and she was talkin' about Elvis' moods. She said something I couldn't believe.
And that was "When you know you're dying". Any one shed any light on this? :hmm:

Cliff
10-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry! I misquoted Kathy Westmoreland Here is what she said.

gFA-K-GNlKI

Unchained Melody
10-19-2008, 02:45 AM
In His Last Concert Elvis said someting like that: "if you want us comeback We'll comeback!"
tk7TrGqh-ec

Adios Amigos

That was great to see again..I love how he kept bowing to the crowd, almost like he didn't want to leave even though he didn't know it was the last time...:'(....

Unchained Melody
10-19-2008, 02:46 AM
Sorry! I misquoted Kathy Westmoreland Here is what she said.

gFA-K-GNlKI

I have alot of respect for her...really love the way she talks about Elvis...:notworthy

Getlo
10-20-2008, 04:00 AM
That was great to see again..I love how he kept bowing to the crowd, almost like he didn't want to leave even though he didn't know it was the last time...:'(....

Like he did at virtually every single show!

ksimms2
10-20-2008, 07:31 AM
I don't think he knew he was going to die that day. Nor do I think he killed himself. All I know, is it's the saddest thing ever....ever.

rocknroll
10-20-2008, 09:08 AM

Oh Brother!:doh:

You know, if you add 1956+42+3 you get 2001. Amazing.:)

Getlo
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
All I know, is it's the saddest thing ever....ever.

Let's not go that far.

franny
10-20-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't think he knew...I'm sure he knew he wasn't in the best shape, but to look into every thing he did, there wasn't always a reason for it...

Some think he sang My Way knowing the end was near. :blink: I really don't think so!

franny

utmom2008
10-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Some think he sang My Way knowing the end was near. :blink: I really don't think so!
franny

And...he started singing "My Way" in 1972, so what does that tell you? We would have to say he saw his death coming 5 years earlier at the age of 37?:blink::blink::doh::blink::blink::doh:

franny
10-20-2008, 04:49 PM
And...he started singing "My Way" in 1972, so what does that tell you? We would have to say he saw his death coming 5 years earlier at the age of 37?:blink::blink::doh::blink::blink::doh:

Exactly!!! (y) (y)

franny

yvonne
10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh Brother!:doh:

You know, if you add 1956+42+3 you get 2001. Amazing.:)

if the number 2001 was so special he would have lived till 2001

JerryNodak
10-21-2008, 05:54 AM
I believe Elvis knew how sick he was. Much sicker than he let on too most around him. So yes, I think he felt his days were numbered.

mistymorning
10-21-2008, 11:38 AM

So sad .:'( He was skilled in the science of numbers.

Sonny
10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Those numbers don't mean a thing!

The tune is called Also Sprach Zarathustra!

Elvis was sick, but I am sure he did not feel his death to be near ever in 1977. He probably felt sick, but I think he was the kind of man that would never even had considered dying that dreadful day.

dstrattenfan
11-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I totally agree with TonyTrout. I think Elvis was feeling bad enough to wonder about it but I don't believe he took his own life.

I think he knew he would not live to be an old man he just had that fell to him, like Gladys said Death always seemed to lurk around them. I remember reading that Ronnie VanZant of Lynyrd Skynyrd said that he would not live to see 29 and that he would die with his boots on...And that is exactly what happened

Patsy Cline said in the hospital after her near fatal car crash that Jesus came to her room and said Not now I have other things for you too do. She was dead less than 3 years later. She always said she would not live long.

Maybe that is why these people are chosen..God put them here to give some happiness and then took them to heaven..Elvis was mistreated in and in death as was Patsy, God knew they would hurt no more:'(

MissyM
11-28-2008, 05:48 AM
I think Elvis was pretty smart in that he gambled with his life and he knew it. He knew odds were against him if he kept going the way he was. He knew that his mother died early. He had a few close calls, the reality of those had to be with him all the time.
As for My Way, I just think he was thinking about some regrets in his life and he sang about that.

Dino78
11-28-2008, 07:15 AM
I think there's no answer because the only person who could say anything about is gone.
Also it depends on your point of view.
When you say "My days are counted from the moment of birth on" then he knew 'bout it. Some people saying that you feel when death is coming (as it's been said in "Softly As Ileave You"). So maybe he noticed it but when than only for himself.

cibetty
03-07-2009, 03:03 PM

Woow! :supriced: :supriced: :supriced: This is really interesting... I am not sure he knew about his death, but I read somewhere he mentioned he "won't make it to 50". So maybe he felt it.

MissyM
03-08-2009, 10:22 AM
He gambled with his life. Kind of playing a game of Russian Roulet. Play it often enough, and you know that eventually...you'll loose.

Tony Trout
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Woow! :supriced: :supriced: :supriced: This is really interesting... I am not sure he knew about his death, but I read somewhere he mentioned he "won't make it to 50". So maybe he felt it.

That is incorrect. He supposedly stated many times that he wouldn't live much beyond 40 - not 50.

KPM
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
There are days and have been days when I thought I would not make it to ???????-name the year its dependent on where my age is at the time.
But I am still pluggin along.
Elvis did not know he was near death-some days perhaps he felt bad or down and you say things you really do not mean.

Diane
03-08-2009, 12:39 PM
There are days and have been days when I thought I would not make it to ???????-name the year its dependent on where my age is at the time.
But I am still pluggin along.
Elvis did not know he was near death-some days perhaps he felt bad or down and you say things you really do not mean.

I agree, I think everyone has had those bad days when things look pretty bleak and wonder if you'll make it to the next day.

Diane

cibetty
03-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I agree, I think everyone has had those bad days when things look pretty bleak and wonder if you'll make it to the next day.

Diane

Oh yes, this is absolutely true Diane, I agree.

cibetty
03-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I have read this on the ELC forum (http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/theman/reflections.html), a part of a conversation between Elvis and Wanda June Hill, from 1974:

"Wanda: “You think your time is about up?”
Elvis: “I got ‘bout maybe three more years or so. I won’t make it to fifty, I know that. This is not a joke, or to make you down, just a statement of fact. I don’t think I‘ll live to be much older than forty or so, maybe forty-three, forty-four, but not much more (he died at age forty-two). "

I don't know surely if he really said that or not, I just read it on Wanda's page.

elvispresleytheking
03-08-2009, 09:27 PM

He could've also died (just in 1977) 1-23, 2-22, 3-21, 4-20, 5-19, 6-18, 7-17, 9-19, 10-18, 11-17, or 12-16. If you look hard enough, you can find connections between anything.
As far as the jumpsuits, I've heard that Elvis, when he began to gain weight, would not be measured, for fear that someone would leak the measurements.
from what I've heard, I think that he knew something was going to change, I'm not sure if it was death or not.

TotallyInsane
03-09-2009, 05:05 AM
He could've also died (just in 1977) 1-23, 2-22, 3-21, 4-20, 5-19, 6-18, 7-17, 9-19, 10-18, 11-17, or 12-16. If you look hard enough, you can find connections between anything.
As far as the jumpsuits, I've heard that Elvis, when he began to gain weight, would not be measured, for fear that someone would leak the measurements. from what I've heard, I think that he knew something was going to change, I'm not sure if it was death or not.

Yeah, and from another post I just read the MM probably would be selling those measurements on Ebay about now - they're run out of things to sell so now they're making up stuff!!!

debtdbruno
03-09-2009, 05:13 AM
I think Elvis was pretty smart in that he gambled with his life and he knew it. He knew odds were against him if he kept going the way he was. He knew that his mother died early. He had a few close calls, the reality of those had to be with him all the time.
As for My Way, I just think he was thinking about some regrets in his life and he sang about that.

Spot on!!!!!!
He would not have chosen to end his life with LM in the house, or on the toilet.
IMO,it was not an overdose, his body just gave up, the strain of what he was doing to it. He was seriously ill,with a wide assortment of ailments.

Deb

eapforeverloyal
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't think that he did. I think that he knew he needed a break and get healthy and all. But I don't think that death really crossed his mind all that much. I think that he still felt he had much to live for.

KPM
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Unless you are holding a gun to your head-or about to crash in a car/plane/train or have an incurable disease with little time given to live- there is no way to know your death is coming. IMO

john carpenter
03-10-2009, 07:36 AM
I read alot into the 2001 coincidence thing to at first. But, as stated before no one knows (realy)when their time is up! In 1999 i was so down & depressed i thought i wouldn,t live or didn,t want to live anymore! It was just fate that took Elvis, and the fact his body gave out from all the abuse it took through the years of "crash dieting, drugs ect,

elvislina
03-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Hello I think that was a time and unforeseen occurrence for Elvis Presley.
But we all miss him a lot.

Hugs Anna

suspicious_mind
03-11-2009, 02:24 AM
I dont think Elvis had any clue, although im sure he knew how sick he was.
I just wish sooooo bad that hed have written a book in his OWN words before he died. Id love to have known some actual TRUTHS about his life. Some that werent misconstrued by his ex wife or his so-called 'friends'.