PDA

View Full Version : TTWII and On Tour, special editions.

srj1967
11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Okay, here are my fantasy DVD releases to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Elvis' passing in 2007. All digitally remastered of course.

Each disc would have photo galleries, with plenty of pics. Also, there would be a way where you could select certain tracks in whatever order you wanted to play them. This was done on the Rolling Stones Four Flicks DVD set - the best concert DVD set I've ever seen, in terms of production.

Both sets would have an informative booklet, with CORRECTLY DATED pics and info.

What do you think of these ideas? I have spaces cleared on my shelves for these, right next to '68 and Aloha ... but I'm not holding my breath!:D

THAT'S THE WAY IT IS
4 disc set.
Disc 1:
* Original 1970 movie
* 2001 TTWII:SE
* Plus: Miscellaneous backstage and before/after show footage; full celebrity interviews etc

Disc 2: the rehearsals
* At least three hours of stuff, divided into each day he rehearsed

Disc 3: the shows
* All complete (or as near to complete as possible) shows filmed for the movie. Or at least four shows anyway.

Disc 4:
* Bonus CD of UNRELEASED tracks.

ELVIS ON TOUR
4 disc set
Disc 1:
* Original 1972 movie
* 2006 On Tour:SE, done by the same guys as TTWII. (And let's have a theatrical release of this someday!)
* Plus: Miscellaneous backstage and before/after show footage etc

Disc 2: the rehearsals
* At least three hours of stuff, divided into each day he rehearsed. Plus the interview he did with the producer and director.

Disc 3: the shows
* All complete (or as near to complete as possible) shows filmed for the movie. Or at least four shows anyway.

Disc 4:
* Bonus CD of UNRELEASED tracks.

vulcandude
11-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Sounds great to me! I think you'd have to include any interview footage with Elvis culled from these time periods to be included though.

rick
11-30-2006, 04:19 AM
bring it on!!!

MISSCLAWDY
11-30-2006, 11:26 AM
WHEN??? when will we be able to buy them???!!!Give them to me , quick!!!:lmfao: :lmfao:
I hope they'll be released soon , in 2007!!!

EP75
12-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Love the idea! However it's all wishful thinking. I would be happy and thrilled if we ever get just 1 unreleased full length concert from Richmond, or Greensboro on DVD in 5.1.

Raised on Rock
12-02-2006, 12:06 AM
You forgot the original trailers of each! And the special edition of On TOur could be better done by Scorcese rather than the guy who did TTWII SE, didnt like his job that much, just buy it cause it was unseen ELvis.

Randall
12-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Elvis On Tour is long overdue! I was hoping we would see it in 07, but maybe not. We can only hope!!

TCB

Randall

elvis himselvis
12-03-2006, 03:51 AM
does somebody know why there isn't any stuff of the richmond concert in Elvis On Tour?please help me

Elvis 1972
12-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Those sets could happen, who would have thought that we would have nearly everything on DVD from the '68 Special!

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Elvis On Tour is long overdue! I was hoping we would see it in 07, but maybe not. We can only hope!!

TCB

Randall

Elvis On Tour is indeed long overdue! this would be great if they could re-master all the shows and keep the original split screen version on another disk. It would be nice to see all the concerts that made up this film in there entirety!!!!

Matt