PDA

View Full Version : New FTD's

P.S. Annie
07-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Did anyone already receive these ftd's??

Albert
07-03-2004, 07:00 AM
No :'(

I was expecting them..... Fortunately there's the French GP (Formule1), so I have still something fun to do this weekend ;)

P.S. Annie
07-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Me neither Albert :'( But I'm still working on database, alt. covers and so on so I have E singing on the computer, so I'm doing fine too :clap:

NightRider
07-03-2004, 07:34 AM
I haven't recieved any either...was hoping to this morning :blink: Really looking forward to them too :!:
And i hear that the release of the DVD's in the Uk has been put back again :mad: whats that all about :nono:

iamhekev
07-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Don"t mind the aloha dvd being held back,as thats to fix faults that is on it,but i did not hear that the 68,was held back?maybe to fix the faults on there as well.In the end,we will have them both,and that will take us to XMAS EVE :'(

KEV. ;)

jbgude
07-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Hmmmm...went on a splurge and bought 6 FTDs and the new SUN CD to fill in my blanks ....went to a "fan club meet" and would you believe that apart from the guy who took my money to let me in, NOT ONE fellow fan was willing to talk !?

I tried I said hello to 5 "freindlier " looking types ....and got one nod in return ! :'(

Right , a big party is on in my city (every two years)...so I'm off to the fireworks tonight. (y)
'night.

jb

Sonny
07-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Since I just got back...

Is that new FTD "Polk Salad Annie" delayed or something?

Sonny

P.S. Annie
07-09-2004, 08:08 AM
I got them a couple of days ago, and they are awsome, espacially the Polk Salad Annie. (y)

Albert
07-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I have received both CD's today. Polk Salad Annie is fantastic! It like a 1970 setlist, sung by a 1969 Elvis.

And as a big fan of Elvis his soundtracks, I really like the Paradise Hawaiian Style CD. A shame though that they used just a small part of the 'opera' version of "Hawaii USA" (take 4), while that same take can be found in full on a lousy import CD.

NightRider
07-09-2004, 05:22 PM
I was well impressed with Polk Salad Annie....great sound...a great show (y)

Paradise Hawaiian Style i haven't even opened yet :blink: too happy playing polk salad :clap:

mn-designs
07-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Man you are some lucky people..i didn't get polk salad..yet..
I'm looking forward to this one because the on stage album is one of those cd's that gets a lot of plays in my cd player..
maybe tomorrow...

E.L.V.I.S
07-09-2004, 08:19 PM
love the paradise hawaiian style real class and the polk salad annie is nothing but class,
small note: the picture on the front of the ftd/rca covers of paradise hawaiiian style actually arent from paradise hawaiian style :blink: ,they are from fun in acapulco,a little useless bit of info there for you guys :lol: ,aron.

Sonny
07-10-2004, 02:59 AM
I called my supplier and I will get both next week! :clap:

Can't hardly wait.

Sonny

P.S. Annie
07-10-2004, 03:50 AM
That is good news Sonny. I think they are both great cd's, but to be honest I still have to listen to them on my headphones. That's always for me the way to really enjoy the music :clap:

Sonny
07-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean...

I always listen to those new cd's through headphones, and I really turn up the volume too! :D

Sonny

jbgude
07-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Albert wrote :
And as a big fan of Elvis his soundtracks, I really like the Paradise Hawaiian Style CD. A shame though that they used just a small part of the 'opera' version of "Hawaii USA" (take 4), while that same take can be found in full on a lousy import CD.

Now which Import is that Albert ?
Doe anyone already have this information on a DB or can someone collect information on Alt takes that sound different and on which BMG/FTD /import they are on ?( I am too lazy ! :P but I am willing to contribute ...)

I have two CDRs made of Alt takes Studio & Hollywood which along with a blues and my "Desert island" CDR make up most of my listening .... (y)

jb

Elvos
07-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Just listened to Polk Salad Annie It's a powerhouse cd....Full of excitement and rocking good......Well ah I said see....see see rider well oh see...lovin it

Also got the vinyl 12" 45 rpm That's allright / Blue moon of kentucky
Looks great in a dirty old looking brown slipcase and even the label they made look old ....Old times are not forgotten:worthy: