PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Cobain of Nirvana is highest earning dead celebrity!

ph10579
10-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I just saw on the evening news that Elvis was dethroned as the highest earning dead celebrity this year,according to Forbes by Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, with Cobain earning over 50 million this year. They didn't specify how much Elvis earned this year. The main source of Cobain's earnings came from his widow selling some of his songs. What do you all think about this? It don't bother me too much because Elvis is priceless!

ForeverTheKing
10-25-2006, 01:14 AM
I heard Kurt Kbain enarnt a lot this year but I didn't know he really was at n.1.:blink:
Anyway...it's not so important, it depends on what you sells during the year...but Elvis will be always the King!(y) :lol: :king:

Here's the 2006 List:

1- Kurt Cobain
2- Elvis Presley
3- Charles M. Schulz
4- John Lennon
5- Albert Einstein
6- Andy Warhol
7- Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)
8- Ray Charles
9- Marilyn Monroe
10- Johnny Cash
11- J.R.R. Tolkien
12- George Harrison
13- Bob Marley

MauriceColgan
10-25-2006, 01:56 AM
The Media may have a field day with the news, but many young journalists may just wonder why it's such a big story!?

Next year (just a few months away) will see the 30th Anniversary of Elvis death. A Major event. This little blip will soon be forgotten:-)

elvisdownunder
10-25-2006, 02:54 AM
People, as long as BMG starts showing care with Elvis's artistry rather than raking in more money with useless compilations, it don't matter if he hits the very bottom to me.

elvislady
10-25-2006, 02:58 AM
The Media may have a field day with the news, but many young journalists may just wonder why it's such a big story!?

Next year (just a few months away) will see the 30th Anniversary of Elvis death. A Major event. This little blip will soon be forgotten:-)
I echo that maurice.:D
elvislady

Albert
10-25-2006, 06:44 AM
People, as long as BMG starts showing care with Elvis's artistry rather than raking in more money with useless compilations, it don't matter if he hits the very bottom to me.

Are you pointing to those ("cough!!!") Camden re-releases? ;)

Curt only tops this list thanks to a one-time selling of rights. It doesn't mean anything.

I wonder how much more BMG would sell if they really would target a new audience: one that love the 1968-1975 Elvis. Since the mid 60s RCA rather sold greatest hits packages (with strong focus on the hige hits from the 50s and early 60s) than trying to sell and promote the new albums.

JerryNodak
10-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Big deal!! Headlines today. A forgotten story tomorrow.

The "news" on that list is that Marilyn Monroe is still in the top 10 (as she is most years). She's been dead over 40 years!!

elvisdownunder
10-26-2006, 01:29 AM
No, i don't mean Camden. I mean this stuff like these new compilations like 'rhythm and blues', 'Rock'nroll,and the re-release of Elv1s and 2nd to none with Hitstory. That was basically another effort to cash in, me thinks. Oh, and must i forget, the single disc editions of the 68 and Aloha DVD sets. Now, have you ever seen a more clearer plot to make money. They released just 10 more minutes or less on each DVD of unreleased stuff.

Oh yeah, and the most ridiculous one ever, the EPE licensed rubber ducks. If thats not clear enough for you, i'm sorry, i don't know what is

He should be treated liek an artist, not a marketing product.

Sonny
10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
It's not that important, but my first thought was: "I find that hard to believe". Still have my doubts.

Sonny