PDA

View Full Version : The Last Time Elvis Played Hawaii

Blue-Gypsy
02-25-2004, 11:36 PM
When was the last time Elvis played Hawaii?
I do not believe he played it to many more times after Aloha if any. Could this be Elvis knowing the level of his performance had dropped off and he did not feel he could return?

Tony

Captain Elwood David
02-26-2004, 04:41 AM
EP didn't "play" Hawaii after "Aloha" '73. That was it.

Concert venue years were late 50's (once), then again in 1961 (his last for the next 9 years), 1972 (twice), & 1973 (again, twice).

He did, however, "play around" a lot back in Hawaii for the final time in March of '77. :wink:

- Capt. "EL."

Sonny
02-26-2004, 10:55 AM
He never performed in Hawaii again after the Aloha show.

The year following the Aloha show would've been the right time and a great opportunity for him to tour Europe!
Europe was ready and waiting, so was the rest of the world, by the way.

Too bad they never arranged a tour outside the States...

Sonny

02-28-2004, 04:00 AM

The year following the Aloha show would've been the right time and a great opportunity for him to tour Europe!  

Sonny

There were many different opinions on the FECC forum about Elvis going not to Europe.

We all know who's to blame for this..................like so many other issues during Elvis' career that went wrong.

NightRider
02-28-2004, 05:10 AM
There were many different opinions on the FECC forum about Elvis going not to Europe.

We all know who's to blame for this..................like so many other issues during Elvis' career that went wrong.

I agree
You don't have to guess who that was do you :wink:

Captain Elwood David
02-29-2004, 04:50 AM

Sonny

There are two people to share the blame, not one.

EP .... AND ........ The Col..

In that order.

- Capt. "EL."

02-29-2004, 05:09 AM

Sonny

There are two people to share the blame, not one.

EP .... AND ........ The Col..

In that order.

- Capt. "EL."

Im dont mean the drug and health problems.

Really, there's only ONE person to blame. He's not even worth to mention his fake name. Lets say...............this low-life hustler. May he burn in hell.

Captain Elwood David
02-29-2004, 05:28 AM
I'm no fan of The Col., but .........

The Col. made Elvis in the 50's. They needed each other. They were two sides of the same coin, so to speak.

Later on, EP didn't need him, but ........... for whatever the reason was too loyal to a fault.

When you let somebody control your life, the directions you take, decisions you make, ....... the blame lies squarely with the man in the mirror first.

There is a term for this type of relationship - it's called "co-dependency."

All parties share blame together.

Each member had their own demons to grapple with .... and they did so, willingly, ... together.

- Capt. "EL."

02-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Ive got this discussion with so many people already. Its the biggest mistake Elvis made to hire Andreas as his manager. We'll never know what would have happened if he got a another manager. But he certainly would be better off. Thats for sure. Elvis in a way was to soft to stood up for himself. As for the this so called Colonel(every time i type this name, it makes me laugh, what a joke)anyway, what can is say........i got more respect for my neighbours dog.

Do you really think they needed each other?? Please wake. Colonel needed Elvis to fill his pockets and satisfy his addiction to gambling and even worse, try to get more famous then Elvis.

All we can say is if this, if that,.................

Captain Elwood David
02-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Ive got this discussion with so many people already. Its the biggest mistake Elvis made to hire Andreas as his manager.  

I don't see it that way, at all.

In fact, it was fortuitous that their paths crossed in those early days.

We'll never know what would have happened if he got a another manager. But he certainly would be better off. Thats for sure.

If your reasoning is correct, then you are also saying the Scotty Moore, and later Bob Neal, could have accomplished the same things that The Col. did.

Never happen.

Do you really think they needed each other?? Please wake. Colonel needed Elvis to fill his pockets and satisfy his addiction to gambling and even worse, try to get more famous then Elvis.

They most certainly did need each other in those early days. Later on, it was a different story and Elvis should have dumped him.

Al we can say is if this, if that,............

I try to avoid such speculation. History is what it is and hindsight is always 20/20.

- Capt. "EL."

P.S. Annie
02-29-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm no fan of The Col., but .........

The Col. made Elvis in the 50's.  They needed each other.  They were two sides of the same coin, so to speak.

Later on, EP didn't need him, but ........... for whatever the reason was too loyal to a fault.

When you let somebody control your life, the directions you take, decisions you make, ....... the blame lies squarely with the man in the mirror first.

There is a term for this type of relationship - it's called "co-dependency."

All parties share blame together.

Each member had their own demons to grapple with .... and they did so, willingly, ... together.

- Capt. "EL."
I think your right. In the beginning it worked out for both of them. When he left the army he was afraid people would have forgotten about him ( he was always very insecure, also about if he did a good job or not), so he sticked to Parker. But after a while he should have doen the things he wanted with or without Parker. But that is easy to say when looking back and knowing what happened/went wrong.