PDA

View Full Version : Joyce Boccha?

Diane
10-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Can someone give me some information on this lady that Elvis saw in the mid 70's? I know she wrote a book about him and I've seen pictures of them together but never knew what she did or how she met him.

meg
10-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Can someone give me some information on this lady that Elvis saw in the mid 70's? I know she wrote a book about him and I've seen pictures of them together but never knew what she did or how she met him.

Here name is Joyce Bova she wrote the book:Don?t ask forever.She met him in Las Vegas.:D

elvislady
10-13-2006, 01:23 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Ask-Forever-Washington-Presley/dp/0821746162 heres a bit of info on the book diane. i have got the book i enjoyed it very much.
elvislady:D

Donut
10-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Does anybody in the Elvis? circle know this Joice Bova ? I think I heard some guy of the Memphis Mafia say they didn?t know her ... :hmm:
Strange...

tlcElvis
10-13-2006, 08:39 AM
I think she owns a dance studio now.

http://www.plazadancestudio.com/

Diane
10-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the link elvislady. I got her last name wrong didn't I? Anyway, I have several photos of her and Elvis that I printed out on my computer and was curious about her.

The book sounds interesting and I will probably get it eventually but I think I will take this one with a grain of salt like many others..........:D

elvislady
10-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the link elvislady. I got her last name wrong didn't I? Anyway, I have several photos of her and Elvis that I printed out on my computer and was curious about her.

The book sounds interesting and I will probably get it eventually but I think I will take this one with a grain of salt like many others..........:D

You werent far off with the name (LOL) do try and get this one you will enjoy it. she did say in the book she had a abortion with elvis baby because the story was he didnt want to have sex with woman who bore children. i have heard that story lots of times. how true it is he only knows.
elvislady

Diane
10-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks elvislady, I do plan on getting the book sometime. The part of the book you wrote above in your post is the reason I think I will take what is said with a grain of salt......I know Priscilla said the same thing but she doubled back on it on some interview sooooo - and the abortion is something Elvis would never have agreed with. Priscilla had mentioned having one too when she was pregnant with Lisa and he wouldn't allow it. Joyce not having been his wife may have made a difference if the whole thing was true but I kind of doubt he would have agreed to an abortion regardless if he believed it was his child.

elvislady
10-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks elvislady, I do plan on getting the book sometime. The part of the book you wrote above in your post is the reason I think I will take what is said with a grain of salt......I know Priscilla said the same thing but she doubled back on it on some interview sooooo - and the abortion is something Elvis would never have agreed with. Priscilla had mentioned having one too when she was pregnant with Lisa and he wouldn't allow it. Joyce not having been his wife may have made a difference if the whole thing was true but I kind of doubt he would have agreed to an abortion regardless if he believed it was his child.

According to joyce in the book she says elvis never new about her abortion other wise i agree he would not have alowed it to happen.
elvislady

riley
10-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Does anybody in the Elvis? circle know this Joice Bova ? I think I heard some guy of the Memphis Mafia say they didn?t know her ... :hmm:
Strange...

It looks to me that lost of people are "never been seen or heard of" by the MM.

As long as it suits them that way

Strange.:hmm:

Donut
10-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Could be Riley, but maybe is just because people don?t get to know you if you are not around enough or if you are a one night stand. You can?t say a famous person is your friend because you have met or talk with that person once or twice and that?s what happens with Elvis, everybody claims to have been part of his life when maybe he didn?t even notice those people existed at all. I?m not a fan of the MM guys but I don?t dislike them either and knowing they were around him almost all the time at least some of them could have known this Joyce Bova if it?s true they had a long relationship.

di@n@
10-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Dear Diane,

Could you show us the several photos you have of her and Elvis ?

Many thanks!

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 07:43 AM
I believe she is mentioned in the "Relevations From The Memphis Mafia" Book.....so are a couple of other girlfriends from his Las Vegas days.

Donut
10-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I believe she is mentioned in the "Relevations From The Memphis Mafia" Book.....so are a couple of other girlfriends from his Las Vegas days.

Yes, I think some of them knew her.

Diane
10-07-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't know how to post pictures but I did find a photo of Elvis with Joyce in the TCB gallery.

In the 70's Candid section, check out page 7, third from the top, she is the one in the black and white photo of Elvis backstage with two woman. Joyce is the one on the right with long dark hair.

Diane

EDOEP
10-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I don't know how to post pictures ...

i do and hope this helps ...

hugs, ellie

PS for diane: when posting, simply scroll down to 'manage attachments', browse on your computer for the photos you want and doubleclick. you can add 6 at a time, then click 'upload' and wait until the system has finished. the attachments are listed seperately and the upload-cells are empty again.

if you want some more, start all over or simply upload them in a new posting. that's it already. afterwards close the upload-window.

presley31
10-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Wasn't she the one who got rid of elvis child???

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Wasn't she the one who got rid of elvis child???

yes Jen, supposedly she had an abortion. i will say though, she is very pretty. Elvis looks good too......

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 09:19 AM
p.s. another Priscilla look alike? Or another Gladys look alike? Elvis thought Priscilla reminded him of his mom.....is that what he based all his girlfriends on? this one looks like Priscilla some.....so - he picks them because they look like "Cilla" or his mom? something to ponder huh? (Except Linda Thompson was Blonde)

Getlo
10-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Elvis thought Priscilla reminded him of his mom.....is that what he based all his girlfriends on?

Elvis may have been wearing some rose coloured glasses of his own if he indeed made this statement. Say what you will about Gladys: a lovely woman I'm sure, but she was no oil painting ... ;)

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Elvis may have been wearing some rose coloured glasses of his own if he indeed made this statement. Say what you will about Gladys: a lovely woman I'm sure, but she was no oil painting ... ;)

I've read it and heard it - haven't you? Either way, Gladys was no beauty. In her early days though they say she was......but Elvis sure loved him "mama"......

franny
10-07-2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Ask-Forever-Washington-Presley/dp/0821746162 heres a bit of info on the book diane. i have got the book i enjoyed it very much.
elvislady:D

Thanks, for the link elvislady! (y) I never heard too much about her!

franny

TLC67
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't think he picked women based on whether they looked like his mother, he was just attracted to a certain "look" or "type" just as most of us are. For instance...a short, skinny, or a really blonde guy would never turn my head, but a 6', muscular (not body builder), brown or black haired guy would.
He apparently was attracted to feminine, petite women with long dark hair. The exception being Linda.

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't think he picked women based on whether they looked like his mother, he was just attracted to a certain "look" or "type" just as most of us are. For instance...a short, skinny, or a really blonde guy would never turn my head, but a 6', muscular (not body builder), brown or black haired guy would.
He apparently was attracted to feminine, petite women with long dark hair. The exception being Linda.

could be, yes. Me, I am also attracted to dark headed men....isn't that weird? But I didn't marry one..(maybe that's what the problem is....lol) and I often wonder does it revert back to my love for Elvis from a child on? I worshipped (still do) the ground he walked on......

TLC67
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
could be, yes. Me, I am also attracted to dark headed men....isn't that weird? But I didn't marry one..(maybe that's what the problem is....lol) and I often wonder does it revert back to my love for Elvis from a child on? I worshipped (still do) the ground he walked on......

Hmmm....my hubby is pretty much built like Elvis was in the early 70's, but with a more muscular chest. You could be on to something here, lol!
But he has brown hair.

marijaep
10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't know how to post pictures but I did find a photo of Elvis with Joyce in the TCB gallery.

In the 70's Candid section, check out page 7, third from the top, she is the one in the black and white photo of Elvis backstage with two woman. Joyce is the one on the right with long dark hair.

Diane

lol, Diane thank you for trying to explain :hug:

Maybe I could try to explain to you how to upload pictures, i hope it will help ;)
After you click the "Post Replay" button and write what you want in your replay, scroll down a bit and you will find a button named "Manage Attachments"
Many "browse" buttons will appear and all you need to do is to find the pictures on your PC that you want to upload, click the "upload" button and TA-DAH you are done! :clap:
lol, i am terrible at explaining, i know :lmfao:

marijaep
10-07-2007, 11:57 AM

hugs, ellie

PS for diane: when posting, simply scroll down to 'manage attachments', browse on your computer for the photos you want and doubleclick. you can add 6 at a time, then click 'upload' and wait until the system has finished. the attachments are listed seperately and the upload-cells are empty again.

if you want some more, start all over or simply upload them in a new posting. that's it already. afterwards close the upload-window.

Hey Ellie,

Thank you so much for posting the pictures...I had no idea how Joyce looked like before.........:blink:

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Hmmm....my hubby is pretty much built like Elvis was in the early 70's, but with a more muscular chest. You could be on to something here, lol!
But he has brown hair.

okay, now you have to post a pic of your hubby! lol...he sounds very handsome indeed....and depending on your age, etc. yes, it could have to do with your love for Elvis too.....seriously. Any other females out there the same way? TLC67 - is that the year you were born? Me too - Aug 31st, 1967, so we are the same age then......?:P

TLC67
10-07-2007, 12:03 PM
okay, now you have to post a pic of your hubby! lol...he sounds very handsome indeed....and depending on your age, etc. yes, it could have to do with your love for Elvis too.....seriously. Any other females out there the same way? TLC67 - is that the year you were born? Me too - Aug 31st, 1967, so we are the same age then......?:P

LOL....we are 30 days apart!!! I am Aug. 1st!

EDOEP
10-07-2007, 12:40 PM

i guess we all follow patterns to a certain extent in what we find erotic, interesting and what attracts us - and so did elvis obviously. joyce resembled linda thompson, didn't she?

well, i'm a some years your senior ... but go for darkhaired guys with a healthy complexion and a height of at least 6 ft+ as well :blush:.

like TLC67 i probably would completely ignore as well the short, blond, skinny type.

my sweetheart is 6 ft.1, weight close to elvis in 73/74, had dark brown hair, OK, its partly grey now :P, but still full. plus he's only 5 years junior to elvis and hence ... ahemmm .... not exactly my generation. so i seem to be hooked not only on a certain look but also a certain age. :'(

on the other hand ... a pity i was too young back then for elvis - at 5 ft.1 i might have fitted rather well into his 'favourite petite pattern', except for the colour of my hair.

well, no use crying over spilt milk and chances lost.

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
i guess we all follow patterns to a certain extent in what we find erotic, interesting and what attracts us - and so did elvis obviously. joyce resembled linda thompson, didn't she?

well, i'm a some years your senior ... but go for darkhaired guys with a healthy complexion and a height of at least 6 ft+ as well :blush:.

like TLC67 i probably would completely ignore as well the short, blond, skinny type.

my sweetheart is 6 ft.1, weight close to elvis in 73/74, had dark brown hair, OK, its partly grey now :P, but still full. plus he's only 5 years junior to elvis and hence ... ahemmm .... not exactly my generation. so i seem to be hooked not only on a certain look but also a certain age. :'(

on the other hand ... a pity i was too young back then for elvis - at 5 ft.1 i might have fitted rather well into his 'favourite petite pattern', except for the colour of my hair.

well, no use crying over spilt milk and chances lost.

lol.....I'm not much taller than you....I think I'm 5'3".....took after my mom, who is even shorter! My dad was 6' 6" - so is my husband. Wish I could have been taller like my dad's side.

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 12:52 PM
LOL....we are 30 days apart!!! I am Aug. 1st!

oh my goodness! then we each know how the other feels when that fateful day happened. I locked myself in my room for several days and cried and cried and cried......nothing anybody said could help me - I thought my world had ended.

Diane
10-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Thank you ElvisLady for posting the pictures of Elvis with Joyce Boca.

Thank you Ellie and Marija for trying to get it in my head how to post pictures. I will have to write both your infos down and give it a shot soon. :hug:

The Elvis "look" seems to have influenced a lot of us lol. My husband was the same height and weight, same size clothes and shoes even, when we went to see him in concert in the early 70's. My eyes kept going back and forth between them and I was feeling all kinds of guilty because Elvis was attracting me so much.

And yes, my husband has almost black hair (silver now) and dark hazel eyes and his hair was combed in a style like Elvis but slightly shorter when I met him. My high school boyfriend had the hair, medium brown, also 6 ft. tall, more like Elvis in the 50's....I never got away from that look lol. Fine by me. :lol:

Diane

marijaep
10-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Thank you ElvisLady for posting the pictures of Elvis with Joyce Boca.

Thank you Ellie and Marija for trying to get it in my head how to post pictures. I will have to write both your infos down and give it a shot soon. :hug:

The Elvis "look" seems to have influenced a lot of us lol. My husband was the same height and weight, same size clothes and shoes even, when we went to see him in concert in the early 70's. My eyes kept going back and forth between them and I was feeling all kinds of guilty because Elvis was attracting me so much.

And yes, my husband has almost black hair (silver now) and dark hazel eyes and his hair was combed in a style like Elvis but slightly shorter when I met him. My high school boyfriend had the hair, medium brown, also 6 ft. tall, more like Elvis in the 50's....I never got away from that look lol. Fine by me. :lol:

Diane

You are always welcome Diane :D

I have just seen that Ellie explained before me...................:doh::doh::doh:

T_J
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM

...at 5 ft.1 i might have fitted rather well into his 'favourite petite pattern', except for the colour of my hair.

Amazing how even really petite women say they would completely ignore shorter guys. And women wonder why short guys can end up with a chip on their shoulder ;)

ElvisChick
10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
This is a really good book...in my opinion,one of the best book i have read so far about one of Elvis' girlfriends besides Elvis and June.:D(y)

Tony Trout
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM

hugs, ellie

The other ladies in the photo with Elvis and Joyce are Joyce's mother and Joyce's sister, Janice.

Joyce does, in fact, own a dance studio (as the link has already been posted by someone, I won't post it again). I emailed them and they confirmed that it's the same Joyce Bova that dated Elvis (off and on) from 1969-1972.

EDOEP
10-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Amazing how even really petite women say they would completely ignore shorter guys. And women wonder why short guys can end up with a chip on their shoulder ;)

well, guess it's all about the practical challenges in life.

a tall guy saves you climbing on a ladder or a chair when you need a book from the top shelf or the suitcase from the top of your closet :lmfao:. (at 47 kilos i am even just about 50% of his weight, so the lifting an heavy suitcase into the trunk is another issue).

the serious explanation: i have no idea why i am 'programmed' like that, probably very few people know and can explain about their preferences (if at all). i also don't go for beards .... not at all :hmm:.

maybe nature programs short women to 'make up' for their short size by going for 'very tall size'. from a mathematical point of view it is likely that possible offsprings' height is located somewhere in the middle ...

back to elvis: linda and ginger seem to have been much taller than priscilla, ginger appears to be almost 6 ft. on some pictures. so i guess the size was not one of his 'focal points', also joyce bova was not the type 'petite'.

on the other hand, if you look at ladies and alleged girlfriends like sheila ryan - she was blonde with rather thin hair and later even with short hair. so she did not fit into his 'prey pattern'* at all, did she? she definitely had not the slightest resemblence at all with gladys. wonder how the hobby-'psychologists' who like to point out to gladys explain that ....

hugs, ellie

*is there a better term?

di@n@
10-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Thank you very much for posting these pictures.

T_J
10-08-2007, 06:26 AM
back to elvis: linda and ginger seem to have been much taller than priscilla, ginger appears to be almost 6 ft. on some pictures. so i guess the size was not one of his 'focal points', also joyce bova was not the type 'petite'.

I think Linda was 5'9.5 and Ginger probably around the same. They could look taller against him when in heels I guess. Perhaps Elvis' 'petite' preference was more about build than height.

EDOEP
10-08-2007, 09:14 AM
I think Linda was 5'9.5 and Ginger probably around the same. They could look taller against him when in heels I guess. Perhaps Elvis' 'petite' preference was more about build than height.

hmmmm, interesting idea, T_J.

but if so, ginger does not match with that pattern. she looked pretty chubby at times :hmm, especially at her young age of 20 i always thought that was rather amazing. the other ladies in elvis' life were more the slim type.

hugs, ellie

Donut
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
on the other hand, if you look at ladies and alleged girlfriends like sheila ryan - she was blonde with rather thin hair and later even with short hair. so she did not fit into his 'prey pattern'* at all, did she? she definitely had not the slightest resemblence at all with gladys. wonder how the hobby-'psychologists' who like to point out to gladys explain that ....

hugs, ellie

*is there a better term?

I don?t buy all that psycological stuff. I don?t think there?s a deeper reason for every little detail in a person?s life. According to that Elvis liked Debra Paget because she resembled Gladys, Priscilla because she resembled Debra and Ginger because she resembled Priscilla when I can?t see any ressemblance with them at all... well maybe a little with the younger Priscilla to Debra Paget so I guess if we follow that path Debra was the real love of Elvis life LOL

Getlo
10-08-2007, 11:31 AM
alleged girlfriends like sheila ryan

Oh, you are priceless! :angry:

"I'd like to introduce my new girlfriend ... Sheila" - Elvis on stage, Las Vegas, February 9th, 1974.

She was his girlfriend! End of story. there was no "alleged" about it!

But I am off topic (well, just following the trend). This was a thread about Joyce.

EDOEP
10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I don?t buy all that psycological stuff. I don?t think there?s a deeper reason for every little detail in a person?s life. According to that Elvis liked Debra Paget because she resembled Gladys, Priscilla because she resembled Debra and Ginger because she resembled Priscilla when I can?t see any ressemblance with them at all... well maybe a little with the younger Priscilla to Debra Paget so I guess if we follow that path Debra was the real love of Elvis life LOL

LOOOL - nice deduction :D.

i do have my doubts as well about all that alleged 'psychology', donut.

elvis certainly had a special relationship with his mother, but i doubt he chose his women using her looks as 'original sample'.

except for the - dyed - black hair of pricilla and maybe a similar height i could not see any resemblance between these 2 women.

could be elvis was looking for a woman who emotionally cared for him like gladys did - unfortunately, he seemed not to succeed.

hugs, ellie

ksimms2
10-08-2007, 11:55 AM
LOOOL - nice deduction :D.

i do have my doubts as well about all that alleged 'psychology', donut.

elvis certainly had a special relationship with his mother, but i doubt he chose his women using her looks as 'original sample'.

except for the - dyed - black hair of pricilla and maybe a similar height i could not see any resemblance between these 2 women.

could be elvis was looking for a woman who emotionally cared for him like gladys did - unfortunately, he seemed not to succeed.

hugs, ellie

not true Ellie...I think that Linda did a very good job of caring for Elvis.....she just couldn't take his filandering and his drug useage anymore. I'm sure it scared her each and every day that he would kill himself.....she had to get out. I think Linda did an excellent job of caring for him......he just couldn't be faithful to anyone so he let her get away - big mistake in my opinion. I think if he would have let her - she could have helped him greatly with his addictions.....(just my opinion of course)

presley31
10-08-2007, 11:58 AM
not true Ellie...I think that Linda did a very good job of caring for Elvis.....she just couldn't take his filandering and his drug useage anymore. I'm sure it scared her each and every day that he would kill himself.....she had to get out. I think Linda did an excellent job of caring for him......he just couldn't be faithful to anyone so he let her get away - big mistake in my opinion. I think if he would have let her - she could have helped him greatly with his addictions.....(just my opinion of course)

Linda was great no doubt about it, but besides that it seem that everyone hurt him one time or another.

EDOEP
10-08-2007, 12:13 PM

well, i agree, ksimms2, linda certainly was the one who cared most for him (from the 60s/70s league). i don't know about shorter termed relationships from the 50s and e.g. june, guess that's not comparable.

on the other hand - and that's what different from gladys - like most other ladies she cashed in - so to say - plenty of jewelry as well, a house, cars etc.

wonder if the relationship had lasted that long without all these presents. we're in the realm of theory, though, since they were a part of it.

hugs, ellie

ksimms2
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
well, i agree, ksimms2, linda certainly was the one who cared most for him (from the 60s/70s league). i don't know about shorter termed relationships from the 50s and e.g. june, guess that's not comparable.

on the other hand - and that's what different from gladys - like most other ladies she cashed in - so to say - plenty of jewelry as well, a house, cars etc.

wonder if the relationship had lasted that long without all these presents. we're in the realm of theory, though, since they were a part of it.

hugs, ellie

I read one of the MM mention that same thing about Linda, about the jewelry, clothing, etc. that Elvis gave her - but his comment was, "as much as she put up with from Elvis - basically keeping him alive, she certainly deserved what she got".......so I sort of agree with them on that one. I think Ginger was the biggest offender on the wanting what she could get from Elvis - and she did nothing for him at all......

KPM
10-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Is this the lady who was worked for a congressman? I recall reading her book but it was long ago.

ksimms2
10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Is this the lady who was worked for a congressman? I recall reading her book but it was long ago.

No KPM, think that was someone different.....wait a minute, I'm getting Sheila Ryan confused - do you mean Joyce Bova? Sorry.....now I'm confused! :blink:

KPM
10-08-2007, 01:59 PM
No KPM, think that was someone different.....wait a minute, I'm getting Sheila Ryan confused - do you mean Joyce Bova? Sorry.....now I'm confused! :blink:
Yes I was speaking of Joyce Bova.

Diane
10-08-2007, 02:12 PM
The article that ElvisLady posted on page one of this thread says Joyce was a Capitol Hill staffer on the army committee when she met Elvis. She may have opened a dance studio later.

Thank you for that article ElvisLady.

Diane

Tony Trout
10-08-2007, 03:53 PM
The article that ElvisLady posted on page one of this thread says Joyce was a Capitol Hill staffer on the army committee when she met Elvis. She may have opened a dance studio later.

Thank you for that article ElvisLady.

Diane

Diane,

She did, in fact, open a dance studio. The link was posted earlier in this thread.

Diane
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Thank you Tony for straightening that out, I thought the poster thought it was another person.

Diane

Tony Trout
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you Tony for straightening that out, I thought the poster thought it was another person.

Diane

You is welcome, ma'am. I always wondered for years what happened to Joyce since the release of her book and Googled her name and found the link to the dance studio.

ksimms2
10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes I was speaking of Joyce Bova.

Sorry KPM, I was bouncing back and forth between this thread and the Sheila Ryan thread and got myself confused...I apologize.

KPM
10-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Sorry KPM, I was bouncing back and forth between this thread and the Sheila Ryan thread and got myself confused...I apologize.
No problem- I don't have to be bouncing back and forth to get confused it just happens. ;):lol:

Getlo
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM

Unfortunately? Had Elvis found a woman who treated him as Gladys did (ie mothered him way too much, talked baby talk - revolting! - with him etc) then he would've ended up even more emotionaly stunted and immature than he was!

Getlo
10-09-2007, 12:01 AM

And I'm sure if you were with Elvis, you'd have refused all of his gifts, right?

There is a difference between cashing in and being a genuine friend, and this is exactly what Linda was. She's always been the first to defend Elvis, and she is the very definition of class!

I guess there's just no pleasing some women when it comes to Elvis' ladies.

ReGina_89
10-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Linda also at the end did cheat on Elvis

Getlo
10-09-2007, 06:19 AM

Where did you hear / read this please?

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 06:24 AM

you know what? the word cheat should not even be brought into the mix because Elvis was the #1 cheater.....so I don't think it's fair to down any of his girlfriends or his ex wife for cheating.....because he was the "King" of cheaters.....(no pun intended...lol)

MissyM
10-09-2007, 06:35 AM
OMG you are brave to say that. On some forums you'd be tarred and feathered for it. LOL

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 06:41 AM
OMG you are brave to say that. On some forums you'd be tarred and feathered for it. LOL

Missy, but it's the truth and I think everyone here knows that......Elvis was not perfect and was human like the rest of us....as I've said before....he had literally MILLIONS of women who wanted him....not many men could resist the temptation....I don't agree with people putting the females down for the same thing that he did first.....he wasnt faithful to any female he was with....it's sad....but true.....(I'm not trying to upset anyone....)

Getlo
10-09-2007, 06:46 AM
it's sad....but true.....(I'm not trying to upset anyone....)

The truth tends to upset some people on here. But you're entirely correct about Elvis in this instance.

Some have suggested in other threads that Ann-Margret would've settled Elvis down. But not even she would've been able to prevent Elvis going after other women. He was a notorious pants man, no question about it.

"Fidelity" was not in Elvis Presley's vocabulary.

MissyM
10-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Oh I know you are not stirring the pot. (so to speak) I get what you are saying. I just have the opinion then that two wrongs don't make a right. I think if people feel the need to cheat then they should get out of the relationship first. And that would include everyone-Elvis too. Cheating causes both parties to hurt very bad and you can not do that kind of damage to a relationship and expect it to be healthy, growing, and secure. That are the foundations of a good one.
The whole cheating thing is something I will never get.

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Oh I know you are not stirring the pot. (so to speak) I get what you are saying. I just have the opinion then that two wrongs don't make a right. I think if people feel the need to cheat then they should get out of the relationship first. And that would include everyone-Elvis too. Cheating causes both parties to hurt very bad and you can not do that kind of damage to a relationship and expect it to be healthy, growing, and secure. That are the foundations of a good one.
The whole cheating thing is something I will never get.

I completely agree Missy....

MissyM
10-09-2007, 07:01 AM
And you know, when I remember back in the early days of my marriage: it seemed all our couple friends and us too were pretty stupid. So much stuff going on (my hubs has been in a band almost all of our marriage). But you would have thought that at some point both Elvis and anyone he was with would have gotten the idea of how damaging cheating could be. Hello!!!!!!!!

cameron
10-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Has anyone read any of the books that stated Elvis was not interested in sex after he got into researching all the religions?
That includes Priscilla's .
Just wondering. ;)

MissyM
10-09-2007, 07:08 AM
I think someone should just say that he was not as interested in sex. I doubt that there was a time when he was celebat.
Oh and also drug use really, really hampers men in that area.

ReGina_89
10-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Getlo I read it in Careless Love... it quotes Linda herself she was having an affrair with David Biggs the Piano player and after she left Elvis they moved in together

marijaep
10-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Getlo I read it in Careless Love... it quotes Linda herself she was having an affrair with David Biggs the Piano player and after she left Elvis they moved in together

Yes, but Elvis cheated on her way before that and she knew it........

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Has anyone read any of the books that stated Elvis was not interested in sex after he got into researching all the religions?
That includes Priscilla's .
Just wondering. ;)

I haven't heard it was because of religion.....I heard (read) it was due to the drugs...even his ex girlfriends have said during interviews that all the meds he was on had an effect on his libido....

As for Priscilla - that whole thing had to do with him not wanting to have sex with women after they've had a child....but I think Getlo said that was never proven - so not sure....

Getlo
10-09-2007, 07:21 AM
but I think Getlo said that was never proven - so not sure....

Nope, not me.

I tend to believe it though, especially when it comes to Cilla. Elvis was a little weird when it came to mothers - for so many reasons.

cameron
10-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I think someone should just say that he was not as interested in sex. I doubt that there was a time when he was celebat.
Oh and also drug use really, really hampers men in that area.

I agree ,Missy. I just found that interesting as I'd read so much about his "affairs" . I'm afraid I didn't follow his girlfriends and I was never interested in any of them. Just Priscilla and Linda Thompson since they were around the longest. It still brought my attention to that detail as that wasn't what I'd always heard. :hmm: Another side to Elvis' life.

presley31
10-09-2007, 07:26 AM
http://books.google.com/books?id=axlfGMAM-P0C&pg=PA446&lpg=PA446&dq=joyce+bova&source=web&ots=g1kt4kzbS5&sig=hS3xwTYL6IfciQ7tp6n-CNFar1c

something from careless love

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks Jen, that confirms that then.......

presley31
10-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks Jen, that confirms that then.......

your welcome kelly. i hope that helps with the questions.

Diane
10-09-2007, 07:59 AM
It confirms that it was in the book, but it still doesn't necessarily confirm the truth. We will never know what is the real truth about a lot of things.:'(

Diane

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
It confirms that it was in the book, but it still doesn't necessarily confirm the truth. We will never know what is the real truth about a lot of things.:'(

Diane

Diane, after reading it...it doesn't sound like she is lying to me....maybe I'm too gullible...but she sounds sincere and I have heard that before....???? So don't know.....we can't keep questioning everything we read....some of it has to be true......just weeding out the truth's I guess is the hard part.

presley31
10-09-2007, 08:03 AM

Diane

true diane, but maybe this can be the closest we will get on this subject.

cameron
10-09-2007, 08:22 AM
There are a lot of women that claimed to have "bedded" Elvis .;)
Including the one that filed that paternity suit .

IF I'd been him I would have gotten tired of the whole mess.

Tony Trout
10-09-2007, 08:31 AM
There are a lot of women that claimed to have "bedded" Elvis .;)
Including the one that filed that paternity suit .

The lady's name was Patricia Parker. As a matter of fact, I think Elvis thought the situation with Parker filing a paternity suit was ridiculous and if I'm not mistaken I think the results of the blood test were negative.

IF I'd been him I would have gotten tired of the whole mess.

Unfortunately, that's the price he paid for being a celebrity and being in the spotlight....I'm sure he got tired of it but there wasn't a heck of a lot he could do about it. He was a public figure and knew the consequences of such allegations.

tlcElvis
10-09-2007, 06:02 PM

It was in the movie 'Elvis and the Beauty Queen' too. She collaborated on the content of the movie.

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 07:32 PM
It was in the movie 'Elvis and the Beauty Queen' too. She collaborated on the content of the movie.

another Elvis movie that I have not seen....is it any good?

Getlo
10-09-2007, 10:22 PM

It depends if the sight of Miami Vice's Don Johnson does it for you or not!

"Attamoochy!" (This may make sense to people who've seen it).

Like the movie Elvis Meets Nixon, it should be taken as almost a comedy. Silly and harmless fun.

ksimms2
10-10-2007, 03:56 AM
It depends if the sight of Miami Vice's Don Johnson does it for you or not!

"Attamoochy!" (This may make sense to people who've seen it).

Like the movie Elvis Meets Nixon, it should be taken as almost a comedy. Silly and harmless fun.

seems that I recall Don Johnson in this movie....way back a long time ago? And "Elvis Meets Nixon"???? Good lord...how many more are there?

cameron
10-10-2007, 04:13 AM
The lady's name was Patricia Parker. As a matter of fact, I think Elvis thought the situation with Parker filing a paternity suit was ridiculous and if I'm not mistaken I think the results of the blood test were negative.

Unfortunately, that's the price he paid for being a celebrity and being in the spotlight....I'm sure he got tired of it but there wasn't a heck of a lot he could do about it. He was a public figure and knew the consequences of such allegations.

The results were negative. A whole book was written about that .:blink:

It just reinforces my opinion about fame. Who needs it if you can't have a life?

cameron
10-10-2007, 04:16 AM
seems that I recall Don Johnson in this movie....way back a long time ago? And "Elvis Meets Nixon"???? Good lord...how many more are there?

I never could see Don Johnson as Elvis. :lol:

About the only one I considered "believable " was Kurt Russell.
I DID like that movie.

ksimms2
10-10-2007, 06:03 AM
I never could see Don Johnson as Elvis. :lol:

About the only one I considered "believable " was Kurt Russell.
I DID like that movie.

yes Kurt was the best...

tlcElvis
10-10-2007, 07:41 AM

The movie didn't get good reviews but I liked it anyway. I saw it several years ago and at the time I knew very little about Elvis' personal life. I had no idea who Linda Thompson was. It was the first time I heard Separate Ways and loved it. Don Johnson was lip-syncing of course.

Kurt is definitely a better Elvis so if you've seen his movie you probably won't be impressed by Elvis and the Beauty Queen. I think it's worth watching if you come across it on TV but not worth buying.