PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or....

Dudcowboy_1
10-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey gang,

I was going threw the 1976 and 1977 photo's. To me Elvis on the outside look so much better shape in 1977. I know phyiscally on the inside he was not healthy. But, to me 1977 Elvis looked more like himself. Not as heavy and etc.

You know the saying...where someone is close to death they have one good day? I'm sitting here listen to "Love Me, Love The Life I Lead." And I'm woundering why I'm listen' to it. If you listen to the words really close. I think Elvis was telling us what he wanted. Us the fans. What other singer in all the years of music. Took the time out for his fans and gave back? None that I can think of but its 1AM so.lol

Then everyone wounders why I am doing what I am doing. (The Elvis Tribute Artist thing.) I mean this man was so great I can't even find a word for it. This man poured his heart and soul into every song.

I live you this from what I learned studing Elvis's music...
"When Elvis Sang, he talked."

If I don't make since at all its because its 1AM.LMBO!

Love to All,

Tim Dudley "A Tribute To Elvis Show"
http://www.geocities.com/dudcowboy_1/

ForeverTheKing
10-04-2006, 12:20 AM
To be honest I don't see a lot of difference but, to me, he wasn't so bad as people say.
Of course his aspect wasn't perfect at that time of his life but he was just a bit swollen...his face was still marvellous.
But I don't care a lot about his aspect...the most important thing is that his voice never changed...sometimes I think it was better at the end than ever...I can't stop listening to "Elvis In Concert"...his voice is magnificent!:clap: (y) :'(

Albert
10-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Elvis gained most of his weight in the periods between tours, when he had time off. Elvis had that habit already in the 60's; gaining weight while he wasn't shooting movies. But everytime he managed to get in shape before the movie was shot or anothet tour started.

But it seemed like he lost that battle in 1975: when he came to the Vegas december season, he was so much heavier than during the summer tours. And when he started the spring tours in 1976 he was even heavier. By the end of 1976 (october/november) he was getting in a much better shape, peaking on the famous short december tour.

Everything seemed to go to the right direction.... untill he started touring again in early 1977. He seemed heavier than ever before. Besides his horrible eating habit, he also had lots of health problems which also started to influence his appearance and weight.

Look at the two shows recorded (pictures or footage) for the CBS special, and than look at pictures from shows just a few days later: Cincinatti and Indianapolis. He still looked heavy, but he seemed way less puffy and swollen. This also explains why you may find pictures from 1976 or 1977 where it looks like it's a picture from 1974 or 1975.

ForeverTheKing
10-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Thanks a lot for your infos Albert!:notworthy

I noticed the same thing and you're right..at the end he started to have so many health problems that influenced also his aspect.
This is what some people don't understand...they think it's was only a question of TOO MUCH FOOD but I know many pills can make you swollen, also without eating too much.

Menwithbrokenhearts
10-05-2006, 10:55 PM
He was also retaining massive amounts of water and had a blocked bowel. These were often severe and made his appearance fluctuate depending on how severe or moderate it was. My stepmom had cancer and the chemo drugs did the same things to her. It could literally fluctuate almost daily.

And by the way, I love his voice in 76 and 77. Some of those songs he did during that time rate amongst he best he ever did live, in my opinion. He was pouring his all into those that meant something to him, and to please all of us of course. Yet, when I see him my heart goes out to him and breaks at the same time.

Diane
10-06-2006, 06:27 AM
I agree with all of you, he looked very different from month to month sometimes from around 1974 or so and if I read is true that he had to take cortizone from time to time that medication alone makes a person look swollen and bloated. I know that from personal experience.