PDA

View Full Version : It hurts me -last verse also missing in the DVD

jbgude
06-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Guys, do any of you remember the final verse of "It hurts me" in the 68 special where after finishing fighting off all the guys and piling them up -Elvis puts his foot on the file while the sininging the last verse and the girl walks off ignoring him?

I dont think that bit is in the DVD at all .......is it ?

jb

jbgude
06-25-2004, 04:35 AM
Man, not one other person has noticed this last verse bit is missing too ? Am I going crazier than usual -or is it in somewhere I did not notice ?

Please tell me.

jb

P.S. Annie
06-25-2004, 04:40 AM
Sorry can't help you out yet !

sam
06-25-2004, 04:43 AM
Man, not one other person has noticed this last verse bit is missing too ? Am I going crazier than usual -or is it in somewhere I did not notice ?

Please tell me.

jb

I don't have the DVds yet. (1 week to go!!!)

But I watched my last copy I got on VHS and I didn't notice the bit where all the bodies are piled up at the end. :mad:

:'(

jbgude
06-26-2004, 12:45 PM
I don't have the DVds yet. (1 week to go!!!)

Sam, hope BMG Australia get their act together and give you all COMPLETE fault free sets !

Man, I need to get back home somehow( 8000 kms away!) and pull out my old VHS .....I think it was the version that Ann Margret introduced on TV ....

jb

jbgude
06-28-2004, 11:06 AM
I must thank one Lyle Ray who had written this in elvisnews.com. I am just copying a part of the comments.It just confirms that I was not dreaming.there was such a scene! I am truly amazed that not many,in fact not more than the two of us seem to have noticed this ommision from the DVD :

I will quote Lyle Ray :

"From 1:45 to 3:22 (on the Lightyear disc) there is the second section of the song that has the instrumental break and the karate dancers. BMG does not have any takes from this section of the song included on our new set.
The last section, 3:22 to 4:07 (on the Lightyear disc) is when Elvis returns and starts with, "I know that he'll never set you free." He finishes the last few lines, the girl walks away, the camera pulls back and we see Elvis' foot on top of several bodies from the fight, end of number. Again BMG does not include any takes from this portion of the song on our new set. "

End quote.

I would like to take bet that this is more than a co-incidence and not a real "goof up" - I mean Ok you can miss it on Disc 1 but how come all these scenes vanish even from the out takes ? Lost when the tapes were given to Lightyear for the production of their version ? Likely theory. (n)
Watch out for a extra spl .version with the Parody "it hurts me " included in time for Christmas ?!

jb

Lonniebealestreet
06-28-2004, 11:15 AM
What in the world would be the reason for this? :hmm:

Marcel
06-30-2004, 06:20 AM
That was supposed to be the final edition that would end all other editions...
yeah right...

First they say it is the 68 Comeback the way it was shown on Dec 3, 1968.
I'm fine with that.
if they didn't have that part then on TV, then it's OK for me not to include it here with that "version".
BUT, why not make it like the Aloha special?
One version, as it was seen then and one Aloha as it was remastered, with everything in...
So I don't mind that "as-it-was-seen-then version", as long as they give us the COMPLETE Comeback!
Man, what's wrong with these people....
EPE, in their great wisdom know one thing: whatever they do, we'll buy it.
First, they released it through Lighyear, BUT songs were cut because of rights problems, so they said.
Now they release what's supposed to be the final version... Where are those cut parts?

As another member mentioned here: they will miraculously discouver them, probably in some vault 100 feet under the ground, in Salt Lake City, and they will re-re-release it under the name:
The 68 Comeback Special - Special Edition

Money.... money.. money
They are just a bunch of hyprocrits who know what they're doing, and know they will make a buck again selling the **** thing three times, OR they are just plain dumb, stupid *****s who don't know what the hell they are doing!

Your choice!
M.

:angry:

Elvisgirl
06-30-2004, 02:36 PM

Please tell me.

jb

i noticed it too so dont worry you're not crazy :)

Albert
06-30-2004, 04:32 PM
I would like to take bet that this is more than a co-incidence and not a real "goof up"
I'm very sorry to admit that those are also exactly my feelings towards this thing. I have the feeling that they were already aware of the problem, but decided to push this release and wait what the respons would be of the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this release and cherish having it. But it doesn't feel complete with a song cutout of the Guitar Man session. I rather would have had a realyl complete version of the special (with Let Yourself go AND It Hurts Me), than the many outtakes of the Guitar Man medley sessions. I mean, they're fun to see once or twice, but contrary to the sittdown and standup live sessions (and the full special), I'm not going to watch all those outtakes again.

I'm pretty sure that eventually a cheaper 1-disc version of the special will be released with the complete Comeback Special (along with a few extras).

But hey, we're Elvisfans.... we're used to be treated this way! :'(

jbgude
07-01-2004, 04:55 AM
Elvisgirl wrote
i noticed it too so dont worry you're not crazy

Thanks elvisgirl ..but I have already been certified C-R-A-Z-Y ...I was only worried was going crazier than usual. :P

jb

Marcel
07-01-2004, 09:25 AM
We'll buy everything they release, re-release and re-re-release.
They'lll do it again and we'll buy it again
Even those who waited to buy that one have been had...
EPE knew about it
Shame on them!
I am going to become someone else's fan soon, if that goes on like this... one that will not screw me like EPE is doing
:angry: