PDA

View Full Version : Elvis in South Bend/Notre Dame

tjs
07-24-2006, 09:07 AM
I get really interested in Elvis stuff that overlaps with other parts of my life.

I went to Notre Dame but not until '79. i know FTD has released "Dragon heart" from one of the '74 shows...and I was mostly disappointed with it.

Does anyone know anything about Elvis's other shows at Notre Dame...the jumpsuits, the song selections, quality of the shows, did ever mention anything about Notre Dame (I know he loved football) etc, etc???

I'd love to know everything and anything...

jak
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Tom
There is an import release called Eternal Flame which contains his only other concert at N.D. from oct 1976.Its a sounboard and the sound is good.I have a fantastic photo book called Enter the Dragon which is loaded with great photos and is from Tunzi.He wore the flame suit there in 76.My wife saw all the N.D. shows.Two in 74 and the single 76 show.I dont recall him mentioning the football team or anything like that.In 74 he did go to a local jewlrey shop in downtown South Bend and bought some stuff.They used to display the cancelled check years ago.An old friend of mine got all the sheets off the bed from the hotel he stayed at.
Jak

tjs
07-24-2006, 10:28 AM
any idea the name of the 76 release?

jak
07-25-2006, 04:42 AM
The cd it titled "ETERNAL FLAME".Their is a reissue on ebay right now called 'LIVE IN SOUTH BEND".
Jak