PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Elvis songs you haven't listened to in a long time

Lee82
06-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Ever have this experience: There's a particular Elvis song you really love, so you listen to it a million times only to get sick of it and never want to listen to it again. You don't listen to it for years. But then one day, by accident -- it might come on the radio, the TV, the soundtrack to a movie, etc -- you hear it again, and it sounds as magical as it once did and you remember why you used to love it...

I had something like that happen today. I was at Starbuck's, and "That's All Right" came on the sound system. "That's All Right" was the first Elvis song I loved when I became a fan -- I listened to it so many times that it ceased to mean anything to me. It's been a long time since I last listened to it, but when I heard it today, it just sounded so fresh, and I immediately remembered how I'd felt when I first heard it. I just thought to myself: "Man, I LOVE that song!"

So what about you guys? Anyone else have something like this happen?

ForeverTheKing
06-01-2006, 11:59 PM
This has happened to me too and many many times Lee!!!:lol:

There are so many songs that sometimes you don't listen for ages and you don't know why...then suddenly you remember those songs and start again....and then you can't stop.;)

Last time it happened with Milkcow Blues Boogie...I watched the movie "Walk The Line" and I heard it sung by the actor ((n) ) so I told myself..."Ehi...I haven't listened the original for ages...how it was?".....well...marvellous and a lot better!(y) :lol:
Since that day I started to play that song again and again....I "discovered" I like it very much..(y) :clap:

Elvisgirl
06-02-2006, 04:14 AM
yea that happens to me alot! i really love it, cause it's almost like hearing the song for the first time again lol. its a magical moment

polksaladhasie
06-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Me too, :) and I like it so much, just yesterday I listened to "coming on strong" and the "Little Sister" at first was SOOOO rough and sooo sexy :blush: :clap: :blush: :clap: I had to repeat it 5 times :D like I didn?t heard it before :lmfao:

FlamingStar
06-02-2006, 05:56 AM
This things have also happened to me :P

I remember when i listened to the" Live In Las Vegas" 3 CD box, and i discovered "Promised Land"
I played it again and again, but after a time i stoped to do it..

So if i listen to it now, i'm sure i will love it.. :D

polksaladhasie
06-02-2006, 07:36 AM
:blush: quite amazing, that everyone of us is thinking each (y) :blush:
:blush:
Love to listen to songs... and discover them new :blink: :cool:

Menwithbrokenhearts
06-03-2006, 12:37 AM
I Listened to "MY Boy" when my parents got divorced over and over and didn't hear it again until last year when I got the 70's Masters Box set. Very powerful and moving to bring all that back so fresh after so many years.

JDD
06-03-2006, 12:49 AM
I got hooked on Elvis singing Until It's Time for You to Go years back and exhusted myself on the thing for months. Recently after years of not hearing it, they played it on Sirius and, then I started playing it myself again, though nothing like back then. Its an underrated song IMO, but I did really (I'm told) ;) over do it back then.