PDA

View Full Version : Just got the new DVD sets...

jbgude
06-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Hey people ! :D

Just got both the sets -it is on open sale already: sadly the covers do not really stand out .....but so long , I have to leave you now. ;) See you maybe tonight or tomorrow -after I have finshed the first viewing . :P

jb

Albert
06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
I've also received the "Aloha" and "NBC Special" boxsets. They really look fantastic. BMG/EPE did a great job. And the price (60 euro for both postage included) is really good.

I haven't had time to see them all, but from what I've seen from the quick peeps is awesome!

(y)

P.S. Annie
06-19-2004, 10:12 AM
OOOOOOO you lucky............ I'm counting the days, 7 more to go. Please tell us all about it, if you can find the time of course ;)

Erik van den Berg
06-19-2004, 10:32 AM
The dvd's are fantastic and the footage is realy clear. These DVD's give you a real inside look into the Burbank and Alha shows. From all the footage I love the after Aloha show footage the most... This is more compleet than I could ever ask for...!!!

I almost didn't selpt the last couple of night but I have seen the 5 dvd's now compleet and I think EPE this a very good job on this one... :clap:

Sonny
06-19-2004, 10:56 AM
You guys are SO lucky!

Talk to you in a couple of days...

Sonny

P.S. Annie
06-20-2004, 01:49 AM

jbgude
06-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Heck guys, a couple of minor irritants ...AYLZ`T is not "complete" on the main show , it is on both the sit down shows though.... and my disc froze just before "lawdy miss clawdy" .... :mad: hope it was only my player.... Ill try it out on the others ( I have 3 :P ) and tell ya'll-

Fantastic pic & sound quality ..... :) ok bye i'm going to watch the stand up shows before football and the Grand Prix :blink:

jb

P.S. Annie
06-21-2004, 02:54 AM

jbgude
06-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Hey Annie !

Why are you counting down ? have you pre ordered them ? :supriced: Go buy yourself a set and keep the ordered ones for your grand kids ! :P

jb

WildStyle
06-21-2004, 06:55 AM
They haven't come out in some country's yet. I know Australia don't get them until July 5th.

Think yourself lucky my friend ;)

U.S. Male
06-21-2004, 08:08 AM
I will be getting mine tomorrow, and my DVD player is anciously awaiting their arrival! :)

P.S. Annie
06-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey Annie !

Why are you counting down ? have you pre ordered them ? Go buy yourself a set and keep the ordered ones for your grand kids

jb

Hey JB, thanks for noticing but I'm counting because I'm going to buy them at the fanclub who has a showing of the Aloha show this saturday on a big screen, 50 square meter. :clap: It's free admittion for their members and they do it for their members because they want to thank them. (y) So I want to buy them there.

The idea was good but there are also two new FTD's comming out, so I'll save my money for them :D

Albert
06-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Is that in Hoogeveen?

P.S. Annie
06-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Hi Albert, no this one is in Mol, are you going to Hoogeveen?

Jungleroom76
06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
TOMORROW IS A LONG TIME!!!! (n)

I pre-ordered my copies from Amazon.com and received my "Items have been shipped" notice today!!! They will be arriving next day air mail tomorrow, and I cannot wait...EXCEPT...

With all the posts I've been reading here on the board from people who already have the sets, my enthusiasm has been somewhat tempered. With all the talk about glitches, irritants and errors, I am beginning to get a little concerned...

Will let everyone know as soon as I have received them and have had a chance to check them out!

TCB!
Mike

jbgude
06-22-2004, 12:09 AM
No big worry Mike, not enough to spoil your excitement. They are great.believe me,you just cant help love them, believe me, beleve me.lalala (h)

you know now you mention it I wish these guys would have included that "Satellite bleep" before the "original show" insead of the dark screen and 2001 starting up.......gives it a little more pizzaz .IMO.

jb

P.S. Annie
06-22-2004, 01:03 AM

jbgude
06-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Annie wrote 4..............

I make that 3.3 now ! ;)

jb

Lonniebealestreet
06-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Alright, I need to get shopping! (y)

JohanD
06-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Albert, no this one is in Mol, are you going to Hoogeveen?

I'll be there as well Annie!!

Looking forward to expierience the whole thing on that big screen!!
And the same night the rest at home... ;) ;)

But,yes,that fanclub is one of the best,for and by true fans... (y)

Steve
06-22-2004, 11:50 AM
I'll be there as well Annie!!

Looking forward to expierience the whole thing on that big screen!!
And the same night the rest at home... ;) ;)

But,yes,that fanclub is one of the best,for and by true fans... (y)

I'am going to be there to, I'am going to be one of the Aloha-barman. (y)

P.S. Annie
06-22-2004, 11:55 AM
He see you there JohanD, and yes your right it is the best fanclub for the fans (y)

P.S. Annie
06-22-2004, 11:56 AM
I'am going to be there to, I'am going to be one of the Aloha-barman. (y)

He that is cool Steve, see you too Saturday (y)

Lonniebealestreet
06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Whoa... (y)

Without giving a lot of detail, and considering I've basically just sampled a lot of the material, in short...these DVD's kick @ss!

Oh man...Comeback...wow! So much...

Aloha...the biggest impression I came away with was of the new edit and how much better it captures the action of the performance. Or, in general, just how much more it captures! It definitely showcases a lot of great unseen looks and moves and things that just weren't apparent before, and overall somehow just more energy comes across. I am now a bigger fan of the show thanks to this. Very well done!

Just wanted to give a quick first impression.

Thank you, EPE/BMG! Oh yeah--and Elvis!

sam
06-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Great stuff Bobby. I can't wait till I get my gruby little hands on these!!!

:clown:

curtis simpkins
06-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Me to, and tomorrow, i am going over to my friends house, to see the
68 dvd set, since i dont have mine yet he's come over to see it!. :D

P.S. Annie
06-23-2004, 01:25 AM

Albert
06-23-2004, 01:38 AM

Ahhhhh...... poor girl ;)

Where have you ordered the set? It's weird that it's taking so long. I've heard that they already are available in some stores? But hey, the longer the waiting, the sweeter the joy.

P.S. Annie
06-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Ahhhhh...... poor girl ;)

Where have you ordered the set? It's weird that it's taking so long. I've heard that they already are available in some stores? But hey, the longer the waiting, the sweeter the joy.

I'm picking them up on Saturday Albert :D So you wont be hearing much of me on Sunday I guess ;)

WildStyle
06-23-2004, 03:59 AM
I'm so happy that i'll be on school holidays when these DVD's arrive. I'll be watching them for days :clap:

P.S. Annie
06-24-2004, 02:33 AM
2............. :wiggle:

E.L.V.I.S
06-24-2004, 08:18 AM
for those unlucky ones ,like me ,who dont have the dvds yet...you can see a bit of the dvds on the japan site,check it out. http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/index1.htm -click news on the left and scroll down a little ;)

jbgude
06-25-2004, 01:51 AM
1......... :!:

Beat ya to it Annie ! :D

jb

P.S. Annie
06-25-2004, 02:24 AM
Thanks JB :D It is great when people try to help ;)

jbgude
06-26-2004, 12:40 PM
0 ...............

Annie !!!!!!

Today is the DAY ! :)

jb

PS : Just heard they are withdrawing the sets in EU because of the Aloha July 12 to get the faults set right ! do you still get to buy yours ?

If they want to do it right it I wish they would include the "it hurts me"(completely !) on the 68 set too. But what about us that already jumped the gun ? :'(

P.S. Annie
06-27-2004, 05:15 AM
:partytime I got them, I haven't put them in the dvd yet, just got home. But saw some great stuff on the big screen last night. (h)

Didn't know about the withdrawn until know.

circa1956
06-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Must be nice. I'm just poor and can't afford either DVD. Still paying off school books for college. What a task that's been. I tried to tape the comeback special and "Elvis And Me" (when the heck is that going to be on DVD?!) off of VH1 but wound up taping the wrong channel...so I had 5 or so hours of a basketball game and that TV show "Just Shot Me"...which I wanted to do to the TV...SHOOT IT.

- Stace

jbgude
06-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Hey Circa 1956,

We cannot allow money to prevent you from watching the shows. Right now the Discs are copy protected, but in a little while hey who knows ! ;)

In the mean time if you can watch it on VHS I am sure someone among us here will be able to get a copy to you!

Tell us where you are ( a PM will do) and remember there are NO CHARGES or STRINGS attached......well Ok maybe only postage will be charged depending on where you are !

jb

P.S. Annie
06-29-2004, 03:10 AM
Hey Circa 1956,

We cannot allow money to prevent you from watching the shows. Right now the Discs are copy protected, but in a little while hey who knows ! ;)

In the mean time if you can watch it on VHS I am sure someone among us here will be able to get a copy to you!

Tell us where you are ( a PM will do) and remember there are NO CHARGES or STRINGS attached......well Ok maybe only postage will be charged depending on where you are !

jb

Your right jb we can not let that happen (y)

Lonniebealestreet
06-29-2004, 10:09 AM
You people are the best.

Stace, love the new avatar!

NightRider
06-29-2004, 04:20 PM
They are not due out here in the uk until monday...and even now if you ask in HMV or similar...they don't know what you are talking about :angry:

Nice to see them being pushed so hard over here :blink:

Still...there are lots of other places to get them i guess...so it will be there loss in the long run.........but i am sruggling :( I want them now :!:

circa1956
06-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Hey Circa 1956,

jb

jb,

Once it's available on the net I still wouldn't know where to go to get it :lol: I'm a total nerd when it comes to that sort of thing. I'm so slow I only recently "discovered" (as if it were lost) the video library at Jordan's Elvis World :lol:

I live in Pennsylvania--I'm gonna pm you with exactly where at. If you would seriously be willing to to that I would be extremely grateful to you. My mom would be too because though she isn't the biggest Elvis fan, she loves him in the Special. She even said she'd pay the shipping if it comes to that :lol:

Thank you Lonnie :D Took forever to cut him out of that picture and forever to learn how to use the animation feature in Adobe ImageReady. Now that I know how I'll be an animatin' fool :lol: I couldn't compete with everyone's nifty clear background avatars so I just finally gave up.

- Stace

Lonniebealestreet
06-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Well, I can't take credit for my own, FYI. That's an Unchained avatar.

I'd love to see the original photo you used there, if you don't mind.

Captain Elwood David
06-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Without giving a lot of detail, ...............these DVD's kick @ss!

This, my friends, does indeed sum-up the new DVD releases.

This is it - This is the stuff that we have all been waiting for. IMO, I don't think things will ever get much better than this.

Get the DVD's, sit back, and get ready to pick your jaw up off of the floor-boards.

MESMERIZING. A hardcore fan's .................. dream come true. These will make you rediscover what made you a "fan" in the first place ......... and ............ I have absolutely no doubt, will make yet another generation of new fans in the process.

EPE is due our gratitude & support on this one folks. No complaints, whatsoever.

Enjoy, ............. I know I will for a very, very long time.

- Capt. "EL."