PDA

View Full Version : Elvis record, original autograph ???

Andreas
01-25-2006, 05:31 AM
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me.I just purchased an old Elvis record " Double Trouble " with an original autograph of Elvis on the cover.Can anyone tell me if it?s really genuine, or if there?s a chance it is ?
Thanks very much,

Andreas

stillrockin
01-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Andreas,

If I had to put money on it I would say that it's not genuine. Signatures and handwriting do of course change over the years but for a definitive answer you would need the services of a handwriting expert. Elvis' autograph is here (http://www.elvis.com/default.asp) on the front page of the official website.

Good luck

George.

Danny Ocean
01-25-2006, 08:04 AM
it isn't his real one..

Cryogenic
01-25-2006, 09:06 AM
It doesn't look authentic to me, either, sorry to say.

Danny Ocean
01-26-2006, 07:46 AM
you know, even on the EPE website isn't his real autograph

Jungleroom76
01-26-2006, 01:02 PM
While I am certainly NOT an autograph expert, I do have to agree with the others that this does not look like an authentic Elvis autograph. :'(

In this day and age, with all of the fake "official" Elvis items being sold through eBay and other places on the internet, it is very hard to determine what is and what is not authentic. Unfortunately, one of the few ways to obtain an "authentic" Elvis autograph would be to purchase it at an auction that is being sanctioned by EPE personally. Of course this will wind up being quite expensive, to say the least. (n)

If you are interested in purchasing an "authentic" Elvis autograph, basically do your homework. Try and trace the origins of the autograph, if possible. Also beware of those autographs that come with a "certificate of authenticity"...in my many years of Elvis collecting, I have actually seen items that supposedly contained Elvis' autograph that came with a certificate of authenticity, and when challenged, the autograph AND the certificate were both fake!!!! (n)

Autographed items, in my opinion, are probably one of the hardest and most expensive items to obtain in the world of Elvis collecting!!!

TCB!
Mike

bpause1977
01-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me.I just purchased an old Elvis record " Double Trouble " with an original autograph of Elvis on the cover.Can anyone tell me if it?s really genuine, or if there?s a chance it is ?
Thanks very much,

Andreas

Dear Andreas,
this is really an authentic FALSE signature..for sure.
I do have some genuine authographs in my collection and I also have been checking and comparing them for many years now ..and really I have to say that there are 80/90 % false authographs offered for sale especially on e-bay.

P.S. I do not sell my own
Elvis'authographs

Bruno Pause
Italy

Elvis Italian Collector Club

Danny Ocean
01-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Elvis almost every time signed with the (Elvi)S and P(resley) up on eachother. I've became a true expert in found out if autographs are real or false.. So if someone has more objects that they wanted to know if it's a real one. Let me take a look at it on here and I found out for you.

bogarcon
01-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Hi,

Thanks very much,

Andreas
SORRY..BUT HAVING MYSELF 3 AUTOGRAPH IN MY COLLECTION AND I SAW A LOT OF THEM ON SOME ITEMS AND PAPER..THIS ONE IS NOT..AN ORIGINAL. HAVE A NICE DAY, BOGARCON

thefrankfortspecial
02-02-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi, i have to say that sadly the signature is a fake, and evn more sadly the forgers tend to offer nice picture sleeves or menus, which catch the eye of the buyer. I would say as a general rule of thumb, it is always best to stick to items like film or concert contracts, cheques, which offer a more legit purchase, or if possible look round the web and view and remember his styles, there was some variations over the years, from his early Sun era, to his latter 1970's signature. As for the signature we see on various web sites or elvis memorabilia, it should be remembered the classic signature we see was performed in what is descibed in collecting the perfect situation, in a quite un crowded office, so considering elvis signed many signatures over the years, many where rushed signatures, some signed with him holding the piece of paper to be signed in his palm, with crowds around, especially in the mid fifties.I have been authenticating just elvis signatures since 1984, and have many genuine pieces from 1956-1974, as well as a large data base of over 400 known genuine signatures by elvis, if you need help in the future drop me aline, adios:king:

Captain Elwood David
02-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Autographed items, in my opinion, are probably one of the hardest and most expensive items to obtain in the world of Elvis collecting!!!

TCB!
Mike

I would have to disagree.

Genuine EP sigs. are easy to spot, sometimes hard to find (but "doable" with patience), & very affordable (for a simple cut sig.).

That said, ............ they are becoming a bit scarcer now.

EP's personal items are "the most expensive" as far as EP Collecting goes.

------------------------------------

Looks like others have pretty much got the initial poster's query covered.

Cappy