PDA

View Full Version : Jumpsuit Confusion: Amber/lava

sabbath
01-11-2006, 10:18 AM
there is two entries on this jumpsuit list which has the same picture

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brown Flower (Amber) Jumpsuit 1973

Known Dates Worn:-

???

the first and only reply to this entry reads as follow:

I'm sorry to made some corrections. This suit is not the "Amber Flower" but the "Lava Suit". The "Amber Flower" better known as the "Amber Vine" is a twin brother of the "Aqua Blue Vine" and was used during the evening performance of Houston in March 1974.

So we now have 4 different names: Brown Flower, Amber, Amber Flower, Amber Vine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber Jumpsuit (1973)

Under this entry someone says the Amber suit is in fact the same as and better known as the Lava suit which conflicts with the statement "This suit is not the "Amber Flower" but the "Lava Suit"

So is the Amber/Brown Flower/Amber Flower/Amber Vine THE SAME AS Lava Suit or not? if it is, then I guess the pictures under both entries apply as they are the same but with extra nicknames. But if not, WHICH is it, the Amber OR the Lava?
Anyone have any pictures that shows that Amber and Lava are in fact 2 different suits?

another issue

Leroy wrote under the Gold Vine and I quote:
This suit is not as rare as a lot of people believe. It's been used several times in Vegas (January/February 1974) and during the evening performance at the Houston Astrodome in March 1974.

Which in my ears conflict with Leroy's statement under the Brown Flower (Amber) entry:
I'm sorry to made some corrections. This suit is not the "Amber Flower" but the "Lava Suit". The "Amber Flower" better known as the "Amber Vine" is a twin brother of the "Aqua Blue Vine" and was used during the evening performance of Houston in March 1974

So, did the Gold Vine, Amber Flower/Vine OR Lava (if in fact this is the same as Amber) get used during the evening performance in Houston in march 1974?