PDA

View Full Version : Elvis At Atlanta - December 30th 1976

karlos
12-30-2005, 03:44 AM
having been a fan for so long now ( and i really enjoy it ) , i sat down last night and watched Elvis - Live In Atlanta - dated - 30./12./76. on my dvd player . :happy_ny:
The footage was a great pleasure to watch .- THE footge was a bit blurry but as a fan i could imagine what suit he wore at this time . (y)
The fans really loved watching Elvis perform .:D . Elvis wore the Blue Turquoise -Ace of spades suit .

Songs included the opener - CC Rider , I got a Woman and surprisingly during the show Elvis sang - Such A night . , Thats All Right Mama , Are You Lonesome Tonight , and Its Now or Never and many other songs . :king:

Last night i really could see how much Elvis was loved by so many people at this concert . :cool:

I can't wait to see further concerts like this . :cool:

whats your favourite shows of Late 70s :cool:

joanne
12-30-2005, 04:18 AM
Speaking of Atlanta can someone please give me more information on the concerts that Elvis performed there how many, where and what years?

NEA
12-30-2005, 06:51 AM
For your attention, Jo...and anybody else that is a fan of Atlanta:

Atlanta, Georgia 1973, 1975 & 1976 (Total: 13 Shows)

21 June 1973/8:30pm/Omni Coliseum/Att.17,143/White Sunlight Jumpsuit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me Tender/You Gave Me A Mountain/Steamroller Blues/You Don't Have To Say You Love Me/Love Me/Blue Suede Shoes/Heartbreak Hotel/How Great Thou Art/Johnny B. Goode/Hound Dog/Fever/What Now My Love/Suspicious Minds/Band Intros/I'll Remember You/I Can't Stop Loving You/An American Trilogy/A Big Hunk O' Love/Can't Help Falling In Love.

29 June 1973/8:30pm/Omni Coliseum/Att.17,143/White Sunlight Jumpsuit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Help Me Make It Through The Night/Steamroller Blues/You Gave Me A Mountain/Love Me/Blue Suede Shoes/Long Tall Sally - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On/Jailhouse Rock/Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel/I'm Leavin'/How Great Thou Art/Hound Dog/Fever/Something/What Now My Love/Suspicious Minds/Band Intros/I'll Remember You/I Can't Stop Loving You/An American Trilogy/A Big Hunk O' Love/Can't Help Falling In Love.

30 June 1973/3pm/Omni Coliseum/Att.17,143/Thunderbird Jumpsuit.Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Help Me Make It Through The Night/Steamroller Blues/You Gave Me A Mountain/Love Me/Blue Suede Shoes/Long Tall Sally - Mama Don't Dance - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On/I'm Leavin'/How Great Thou Art/Hound Dog/Fever/Something/What Now My Love/Suspicous Minds/Band Intros/I'll Remember You/I Can't Stop Loving You/An American Trilogy/A Big Hunk O' Love/Can't Help Falling In Love.

30 June 1973/8:30pm/Omni Coliseum/Att.17,143/White Studded Nail Circle Jumpsuit. Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Help Me Make It Through The Night/Love Me Tender/Steamroller Blues/You Gave Me A Mountain/Love Me/Blue Suede Shoes/Long Tall Sally - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On/I'm Leavin'/How Great Thou Art/Hound Dog/Fever/Something/What Now My Love/Suspicious Minds/Band Intros/I'll Remember You/I Can't Stop Loving You/An American Trilogy/A Big Hunk O' Love/Can't Help Falling In Love.

3 July 1973/8:30pm/Omni Coliseum/Att.17,143/White Today Jumpsuit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Help Me Make It Through The Night/Steamroller Blues/You Gave Me A Mountain/Love Me/Blue Suede Shoes/Long Tall Sally - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Mama Don't Dance - Flip, Flop & Fly - Shake, Rattle & Roll - Jailhouse Rock/My Way/How Great Thou Art/Hound Dog/Fever/Something/All Shook Up/Memphis, Tennessee/What Now My Love/Suspicious Minds/I'll Remember You/I Can't Stop Loving You/Release Me/An American Trilogy/A Big Hunk O' Love/Can't Help Falling In Love.*This was the final show that Elvis donned a Cape*.

30 April 1975/8:30pm/Omni/Att.17,228/White 2-Piece Suit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me/If You Love Me/Love Me Tender/All Shook Up/Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel/I'll Remember You/Help Me/How Great Thou Art/Band Intros/My Boy/T.R.O.U.B.L.E./It's Now Or Never/Let Me Be There/An American Trilogy/Burning Love/Funny How Time Slips Away/That's All Right Mama/Can't Help Falling In Love.

1 May 1975/8:30pm/Omni/Att.17,228/Blue 2-Piece Suit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me/If You Love Me/Love Me Tender/All Shook Up/Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel/Help Me/Why Me Lord?/Burning Love/Band Intros/T.R.O.U.B.L.E./I'll Remember You/Let Me Be There/An American Trilogy/Help Me Make It Through The Night/That's All Right Mama/Can't Help Falling In Love.

2 May 1975/8:30pm/Omni/Att.17,228/White 2-Piece Suit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me/If You Love Me/Love Me Tender/All Shook Up/Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel/The Wonder Of You/Burning Love/Band Intros/Johnny B. Goode/School Days/Steamroller Blues/My Boy/T.R.O.U.B.L.E./I'll Remember You/Let Me Be There/An American Trilogy/Funny How Time Slips Away/Can't Help Falling In Love.

4 June 1976/8:30pm/Omni/Att.17,540/Bicentennial (white) Jumpsuit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me/If You Love Me/You Gave Me A Mountain/All Shook Up/Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel/Heartbreak Hotel/Help Me/Jailhouse Rock/Fever/Polk Salad Annie/Band Intros/Early Morning Rain/What'd I Say/Johnny B. Goode/Love Letters/School Days/Hurt/Burning Love/Funny How Time Slips Away/Little Darlin'/Can't Help Falling In Love.

5 June 1976/2:30pm/Omni/Att.17,540/Bicentennial Jumpsuit.
Songs unknown for this matinee performance.

5 June 1976/8:30pm/Omni/Att.17,540/Bicentennial (white) Jumpsuit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me/If You Love Me/You Gave Me A Mountain/All Shook Up/Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel/Help Me/America The Beautiful/Jailhouse Rock/Fever/Polk Salad Annie/Band Intros/Early Morning Rain/What'd I Say/Johnny B. Goode/Love Letters/School Days/Hurt/Burning Love/One Night/Funny How Time Slips Away/Mystery Train - Tiger Man/Can't Help Falling In Love.

6 June 1976/8:30pm/Omni/Att.17,540/Bicentennial Jumpsuit.
Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me/If You Love Me/You Gave Me A Mountain/All Shook Up/Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel/Help Me/Jailhouse Rock/Fever/America The Beautiful/Band Intros/Early Morning Rain/What'd I Say/Johnny B. Goode/Love Letters/School Days/Hurt/Burning Love/Big Boss Man/Shake A Hand/Funny How Time Slips Away/Mystery Train - Tiger Man/Cant' Help Falling In Love.

30 December 1976/8:30pm/Omni/Att.17,000/King Of Spades (white) Jumpsuit. Songs: CC Rider/I Got A Woman - Amen/Love Me/Fairytale/You Gave Me A Mountain/Jailhouse Rock/O Sole Mio - It's Now Or Never/Jailhouse Rock/Such A Night/Reconsider Baby/Are You Lonesome Tonight?/That's All Right Mama/My Way/Polk Salad Annie/Band Intros/Early Morning Rain/What'd I Say/Johnny B. Goode/Love Letters/School Days/Hurt/Hound Dog/Unchained Melody/Can't Help Falling In Love.

So, there we go - rockin' through the years in Atlanta, Georgia.

One of my favourite shows from the late 70's has got to be December 31st, 1976 in Pittsburgh. I've got the audience recording on the FTD label which, even though isn't great quality, it still is a treat to listen to. Plus, I've also got 40-minutes worth of footage on DVD from the show and to see Elvis do the roll on his back during his performance of "Hurt" is really something else!

Cheers,

NEA.

joanne
12-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Thankyou NEA. (y)

The reason I`m enquiring is because I am thinking of going to America next year on a tour that includes Memphis, Nashville and Atlanta and I wanted to see where Elvis performed while I was there but unfortunately having looked up The Omni in Atlanta it seems that it was imploded in 1997 which is very sad. Yet another Elvis building is gone. In its place is the Phillips Arena.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=222448

http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/phillipsarena.html

Can anyone tell me where Elvis stayed whilst in Atlanta?

mozzarella
12-30-2005, 12:19 PM
The wierd thing to me about the Dec 30. Atlanta performance that my birthday is actually on that day, today, and at that particular show the audience sang Happy Birthday to Elvis so that's why it is so special to me. It really is.

amzietamzie
12-30-2005, 02:57 PM
It's the 30 december today so...
:) Happy Birthday mozzerella! :)
Lucky you, I can see why that show is special.

wheels_02
12-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Happy Birthday Mozzarella!!! I hope that your day is a special one. :) :cool:

joanne
01-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Anybody with any info on Atlanta please give it.

U.S. Male
01-01-2006, 05:37 PM
If only I had been older during this time...I'd been at every one of those shows!:)

thehillbillycat
02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I live in Georgia just 100 miles south of Atlanta. I see that the info told you that it was imploded. It was getting in bad shape so they had to destory the building. Now he came to Macon several times too and yes the Macon Coliseum still stands right to this day. There is a tribute to Elvis in the building too and has several pictures and a scarf from one of his shows (August 31, 1976). Let me know what you want to know of Atlanta I could tell you. What do you want to know?

Menwithbrokenhearts
02-11-2006, 11:10 PM
I got to see him in 76 at the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis and it was great! Now that I have all the Memphis cds I'd have to say he sounded better in 74 and 75 there, all of which are good concerts to listen to.

Here's a link of the Coliseum in Memphis where he played. It has a 360 degree paonorama view of the inside. http://www.midsouthcoliseum.com/

Unchained Melody
03-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I have this concert on Elvis Presley Crown Series 1976 Part 4 and I love it a great show

thehillbillycat
03-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Yea, Leroy. Sadly the Omni doesn't stand anymore. It was getting in bad shape and it was old anyway. So they decided to deplode the building and build the Phillips Arena in its place. When you walk into the Phillips Arena you will see several pictures of the Omni and some pictures of Elvis during different dates.

Unchained Melody
03-21-2006, 10:43 PM
This is very sad news that theOmni doesn't stand anymore.

thehillbillycat
03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I feel the same way with Market Square Arena........:'(

Unchained Melody
03-29-2006, 02:43 PM
whats your favourite shows of Late 70s
12-28-76 Dallas,TX
12-29-76 Burmingham, Alabama
12-30-76 Atlanta
12-31-76 Pittsburg
6-21-77 Rapid City
6-25-77 Cincinattii
6-26-77 Indianapolis
The two shows he did in Birhampton, New York are really great..I think they are Unchained Elvis and 2nd Night In Birhampton.

thehillbillycat
04-08-2006, 08:41 PM
He meant Binghampton, NY. The albums Unchained Elvis and 2nd Night In Binghampton are the albums that are these shows. They are from May 26 and 27, 1977 if I am not mistaken.

Unchained Melody
04-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks Elvislennon, I misspelled it, sorry about that.

thehillbillycat
04-09-2006, 06:04 AM
No problem,:cool: :king:

Dovey
04-09-2006, 08:22 AM
QuotesH91 I have the Atlanta concert on my computer. But i think the footage from the day after is much better, New years Eve in Pittsburgh 1976.
I have this concert on my computer too (y) Here are some screenshots from the concerts :D

sH91

These pictures are great... (this is probably a supid question but....) What is the name of the concert Elvis did in Pittsburgh in 1976???? Is there a cd or a dvd.. is what I am really asking you. I know there must be one but I can not find it.:blush: sorry but I truly am sincrere I know about the concert but did not know if it was recorded or not??? Thanks in advance. Dovey :doh:

sH
04-09-2006, 08:34 AM
You can buy a DVD called Time Warp with the fantastic New Years Eve concert.
If you have MSN messenger i can send you some clips of the concert.

Elvisnews.com - Time Warp
http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/articles.aspx?command=show&item=970

Dovey
04-09-2006, 11:12 AM
You can buy a DVD called "Time Warp" with the fantastic New years Eve concert.
If you have MSN messenger i can send you a bit of the concert.

Elvisnews.com - Time Warp
http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/articles.aspx?command=show&item=970

Thank you very much... No wonder I could not fine it :doh: Yes, I have MSN messenger and will pm you my address... I am so happy. I belong to the Pittsburg Elvis Fan Club and even though I live about 3 hours from there ... have never been to one of their meetings. I sure wish I had gone to that concert. Thanks again, I will be able to get the CD now since I know what to look for now!!!:clap: :clap: Dovey :king: I tried to PM you but it says your mailbox is full and that you need to empty some out so you can receive new ones. I will again later!! :o)

thehillbillycat
04-09-2006, 01:38 PM
It was release on three different cds. First time it was release the name of the album on LP in 1977 was call Rockin' With Elvis On New Years Eve. Then it was release for the first time on cd call Auld Lang Syne and sounds a little bit better than the lp version, this is the album they use for the footage that is titled Happy New Year 76. FTD released it a few years back and it was call New Year's Eve 76 and sounds better than both the lp and precious cd. There is two differnent releases on DVD. On is titled Happy New Year 76 which is about 40 minutes of different camera angles. Then there is Rockin' With Elvis On New Year's Eve which is also 40 minutes but this time it is one camera angle. The one called Time Warp that has this footage on it comes from the DVD Happy New Year 76. This is on Ebay all the time. You can get it for about 10 bucks but if your a part of my forum - ElvisBootlegs. I will feature the one camera angle that is 40 minutes this month.