PDA

View Full Version : news from september `74 ``back in time`` part 5

bogarcon
12-11-2005, 11:55 AM
here some news from the fan club mag from Sept. `74;
Elvis is going great guns on the record charts. As of this writing, ``If You Talk In Your Sleep`` is up to no. 17 (with a bullet) making it the biggest single since ``Steamroller Blues``. It``s no. 9 in the easy listening charts and still rising on ALL charts. The new live album is rocketing up sales like an Apollo shot. It`s currently no. 50 and rising fast. This is a quicker start than the Aloha LP had..and you know the sales results of that one.
Paul Williams song, ``Where Do I Go From Here``, which Elvis did on the ``Elvis`` (Fool) LP, is featured in the film ``Thunderbolt & Lightfoot`` (not sung by Elvis, of course).
Dee Presley, Elvis` stepmother, is promoting some songs that she has written (not for Elvis) and is writing a book that will be released at a later date.
The Hollywood movie magazines are getting more and more unbelievable. After recently linking Elvis with Bobbie Gentry, Jackie Onassis, and Cher Bono...there is one out now that states Elvis will marry Liz Taylor. I don`t know how some of that junk is allowed out on the stands.
Elvis currently has, as the Colonel would say, ``not one--not two--but THREE albums on the national country and western charts; ``Legendary Performer vol.1``, ``Good Times``, and ``Recorded On Stage In Memphis``. At this stage of the game, it`s doubtful that Elvis will ever go back to driving a truck.
A new songbook is out with 100 of Elvis` greatest hits. It retails for about $7.00, but doesn`t have any photos in it...just sheet music.
Priscilla is now designing clothes for both men and women. Her ``Bis & Beau`` boutique is doing very well and is considered one of the ``in`` places to shop for clothes. She continues to receive a lot of press and, as always, has only the best to say about Elvis.
Elvis continues to receive numerous offers to perform overseas. I really hope that he will do a ``world tour`` in the future. Elvis has some really fantastic fans on other countries that are unable to see him perform. He has mentioned many times that he would love to play some of these countries...and may of us in the states hope so too. He`ll set attendance records that will never be broken.
Elvis, so far has three Stutz Bearcats. If you want to copy Elvis, you can get a bargain basement model for only $40,000.00, without the extras. Elvis is said to have one that`s lined in honey-colored mink, another chinchilla, and the other in black diamond ranch mink.
In case you`re interested, ``That`s The Way It Is``, ``Elvis Country``, ``Love Letters``, and part of ``Elvis Now`` were all recorded in March through August 1970 Nashville sessions. ``Elvis Now``, in reality, ``Elvis Back Then``. From these sessions, there are at least three tracks still unreleased...maybe they will be on ``ELVIS TOMORROW`` !
In the televised WFL (football league) game between the Memphis Southerners and the Portland Storm, played in Memphis, the announcer noted that Elvis Presley was in the owner`s box of the Memphis team. Elvis has continued to have a very active interest in football over the years.
Elvis seems to be in the very best of moods lately. He has been coming down to the Graceland gates, signing autographs, and talking with the fans. From all that I hear, he seems to be reaaly at ease and enjoying himself. After being completely drained from a tour, Elvis needs some time to take off and just relax a little bit. No entertainer has ever hit the personal appearance road like Elvis does, yet he gives his all in every performance..and never lets the people that flock to see him down. He`s really a one-of-a-kind in this aspect!

Menwithbrokenhearts
12-14-2005, 07:38 PM
There's a picture of Elvis, Red and Sonny leaving the stadium on that day in the candids section. ( My dad is one of the policemen in the picture) I put up some interesting things he said about that day on there, after freaking out about finding the picture and talking to my dad. I think it is labeled just "memphis 1974" and is black and white.

Thanks for the trip back!