PDA

View Full Version : Pieces Of My Life

Sonny
11-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Pieces Of My Life

Tracks:

01. Also Sprach Zarathustra
02. That's Allright
03. I Got A Woman / Amen (with false start)
04. Big Boss Man
05. Love Me
06. If You Love Me Let Me Know
07. All Shook Up
08. Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
09. Hound Dog
10. American Trilogy
11. Heartbreak Hotel
12. Jailhouse Rock
13. Something (last live version)
14. Return To Sender
15. Wooden Heart
16. Hawaiian Wedding Song (with reprise)
17. Bridge Over Troubled Water
18. Polk Salad Annie
19. Band Introductions
20. Johnny B Goode
21. Drum Solo By Ronnie Tutt
22. Fender Bass By Jerry Scheff
23. Piano Solo By Glenn Hardin
24. School Days
25. T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
26. Shake A Hand
27. Introductions Of Vernon Presley & Dr. Nick
28. Pieces Of My Life (only live version)
29. How Great Thou Art (with reprise)
30. Can't Help Falling In Love
31. Closing Vamp / Announcements

Label: Straight Arrow SA 2005-1-02
Released: 2005
Sound quality: average/good (audience recording)

Date: July 24, 1975

Jumpsuit: Dark Blue Aztec suit

Reviews: n/a

Note: the sound seems to be a lot better than on previous releases of this concert, it still however is an audience recording.
Nevertheless this concert has some really special songs to enjoy: "Return To Sender", "Wooden Heart", "Shake A Hand", "Pieces Of My Life" and of course the "That's Allright" opening instead of "See See Rider".
A very nice cd to hunt down.

boogie
11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Would love to finally hear "Pieces" live.:clap:..has someone already this recording ???

orwell1976
12-08-2005, 12:10 AM
This is a very nice release, indeed. The artwork is done nicely and the sound of the audience recorded show is quite good. The performance itself is very good. Elvis fulfills some requests from his fans. Because the songs where not a part of his regular show they are performed a little bit short and shaky, but still very nice.
If you're a collector of Elvis' concert performances, this is a nice adition for your collection.

(y)

ELVISSTAR
03-07-2006, 07:29 PM
:clap: This was a great concert. I was there in "75. Had a great seat. Saw Elvis in 12 different concerts and you could just feel the ELECTRICITY in the crowd. I also had tickets to see him 3 nights straight in Asheville in September of 1977; but regretfully the worst happened.

rockin
04-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Review in Pieces

What a fantastic CD.

The Sound
I was greatly surprised to hear how good this CD sounds. It is not as good as an FTD or RCA mix, but this CD gives us pretty clear sound of Elvis' voice and instruments being playing. Sometimes we can hear pretty clear what Elvis is saying when he is talkin to the audience.
Out of 10 on Sound I would give this CD a strong 7.

The Content
I wish i could of been at one of these Ashville shows in '75. Not only is Elvis' voice top notched, but his attitude is wonderful and the songs chosen to sing are unique and rare. I can only imagine how the audience felt when he decides to sing "Pieces of my Life". Of the course it ended up being to our knowledge the only time he sings the song. Elvis performs 8 songs because of them being requested by the audience. You just do not see that anymore from any performer where they perform a song because we request it. You have to just respect Elvis more because of that.
Out of 10 on Content I would give this CD a strong 10

The Songs
I am going to highlight this CD due to the fact that there are roughly 25 songs. All of them done with emotion and with a strong voice.

That's All Right-Unique opening during this time in '75. Elvis seemed to be wanting to change how he did shows and what he did during the shows. The song is fast paced and he seems to be electrifying the audience with this tune.
An American Trilogy-Another unique tune done during this show in '75. First song Elvis choses to perform through a request.
Something-Requested by the audience and Elvis performs it well and it is the last time Elvis performs this song.
Return to Sender-Requested and Elvis has some fun with a rarely performed song.
Wooden Heart-Requested and Elvis again does a great job looking way to the early 60's and performs a song he had not done since G I Blues.
T.R.O.U.B.L.E.-New Song by Elvis and we can tell that Elvis loves this rocker.
Shake A Hand-Rare, but what a good bluesy song. Elvis really seems to be promoting his new album TODAY, which in my opinion is an underrated album.
Pieces of my Life-The only thing I can really say about this song is WOW! Why didn't Elvis perform this song more in concert. It sounds a bit faster in parts then the master recording, but in other parts it seems to drag. I do believe the group never really practiced this song on how they would do it live, so saying that it is a good performance of song done on the cuff without rehearsal for us to hear then and now. :!: :!:
How Great Thou Art-My personal favorite gospel song that Elvis performed. Not only does he perform it with conviction, but he also reprises the ending for another grand finale. :cool:

Come on FTD or RCA put this concert out in soundboard recording. If you do not have the entire show on soundboard then release these gems of songs that were in the show. I know Joseph Tunzi in his Elvis Sessions III says that they only have July 23 1975 show and it is incomplete, but let us hope he is wrong and that they have this one also.

So for the time being this is a must for not only completess and collectors, but for Elvis fans in general.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
A Must!!! ******(y) (y)

FlamingStar
06-01-2006, 07:50 AM
I would love to have the original version of this cd.
It's just so amazing.. many good requests and good sound too..

i would like to see more rare concerts like this one (y)

hot for elvis
12-27-2009, 06:17 PM
how and where can I get this cd sounds great? :king:

Genie
12-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Well, well, well,.......... I am on fire now! I'm ready to drive clear into town and come home with this!! I need to get out more, I thought there wasn't anything I didn't already have..:lol:

Jimmy1966
12-28-2009, 08:14 AM
i have this cd and played it twice...not very good sound but he is in good voice..

hot for elvis
03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I found this and it's a good cd.

gunter
03-10-2010, 02:33 AM
I found this and it's a good cd.

I agree. It's definitly a must have. The sound is more than OK for an audience recording.

hotforelvis78
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
A Great CD:king:

jean francois
09-20-2011, 07:45 AM
for this audience, I think the sound is very good, especially the interpretation of the song Pieces Of My Life (only live version)

spanish eyes
01-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Here you go Johan :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwqhF0NUF0Q

cibetty
01-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Here you go Johan :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwqhF0NUF0Q

Great footage Maria!! Thanks for sharing it.

King Of The Whole World
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
I love and hate this song at the same time. I love it because no one can sing with so much emotion like Elvis. But I hate it because it makes me want to cry for the pain Elvis was going thru in the later years. God bless you Elvis!!

spanish eyes
01-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Great footage Maria!! Thanks for sharing it.

You're welcome Betti :D

IM4Elvis
02-01-2013, 10:07 PM
A really good show. I agree with earlier posts that it's too bad Elvis didn't sing this more often in concert. Perhaps the song hit close to home for him in 1975.

rlj