PDA

View Full Version : "Discovering" new Elvis songs

tjs
11-16-2005, 07:20 AM
My collection is pretty complete but through the years of listening to Elvis I've paid more attention to some albums (shows how old i am--albums?).

Every so often I find a song that I've never heard or someone how didn't pay attention to and then it becomes one of my favorites.

Here's some examples of recent "finds"
There's a Brand New Day
Once is Enough
C'mon Everybody

Last year it was "Please Don't Drag that String" after I heard Trent Carlini do it.

In the eighties i remember the night I "found" Such a Night and listened to it over and over and over...

Can anyone relate?

orwell1976
11-16-2005, 07:29 AM
I know what you mean. A few weeks ago I listend to a cd from the "Essential 60's Masters" and discovered "What Now, What Next, Where To". It must have been years since I listened to that tune, it was nearly new to me. But isn't it great that our idol recorded that much stuff, that things like these can happen to us? I think it's a great feeling, when you re-discover "your" artist from time to time. With listening to all these outtakes and rare live shows we tend to overlook some of the officially released songs and live performances. Sometimes we should just listen to the old, well known releases. There's a lot to discover!

Raised on Rock
11-16-2005, 08:03 AM
Catching On Fast!

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Any Day Now and My Little Friend are renewed acquaintences :D

Fuzzylilkisses
11-16-2005, 09:35 AM
I can totally relate!

I found Such A Night one day and played it for a week straight. I love love that song.

Im sure theres many that i havent heard and i cant wait to discover them! :king:

KPM
11-16-2005, 10:42 AM
You'll Think of Me is a great one. Summer Kisses Winter Tears is another.

nabelt24
11-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I recently found "Inherit The Wind" and "A Little Bit Of Green". I'd never really listened to them before... They're GREAT!!!