PDA

View Full Version : Memories Theater in Pigeon Forge TN

lmsalgado
11-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Has anybody seen Lou Vuto who does the Salute to Elvis with Charlie Hodge?

Tommy
11-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Welcome lmsalgado :tcbworld:

I didn't know about that. What do they do?

Tommy :)

robman
11-13-2005, 08:09 AM
yea i've seen lou vuto
i've gotta say that the pigeon forge area is very beautifull
the show itself was good
his moves were exactly like elvis
he did a good job except his voice was not even close to being as
good as elvis
other then his voice it was a good show
the sound in the building was fantastic

U.S. Male
11-13-2005, 09:48 AM
http://www.memoriestheatre.com/

I have visited this theatre many times since it opened back in 19990, and I can say that they do the most professional and authentic Elvis concert re-creation ever! I've been friends with the theatre owner for a good while, and they strive hard to make the show authentic and real and not a silly parody.
Lou Vuto treats Elvis music and image with respect and dignity and doesn't try to behave "stupid" as many tribute artists do.

Having Charlie Hodge be a part of the show is good too, but lately his health hasn't been the greatest, so his stage time has been limited. He's always happy to sign stuff and talk and answer questions after the show too.

I have tons of these shows on vhs tape (if anybody would like them).

Gertepet
11-13-2005, 10:10 AM
.....and also at this board the infamous impersonator-attack..............once in a while someone starts this......please stop it, those people hurt Elvis' image!!!!!!!!

Lonniebealestreet
11-13-2005, 10:22 PM
They do put on a good show, as far as this kind of thing goes. I didn't see it in Pigeon Forge (which is indeed in a beautiful part of Tennessee), but I saw the Lou Vuto/Charlie Hodge show close to ten years ago. It was entertaining, but it also was weird to see Charlie doing the same thing that he used to do for Elvis Himselvis. How weird must that be? Well, if it pays the bills...

I remember a few things about that show. The first thing was that they went from C.C. Rider to Promised Land. The second thing was that Lou sang the second verse of Johnny B. Goode ("he used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack") in a blatant miscommunication between he and Charlie, as Charlie sang it like he used to do with Elvis and when he realized Lou wasn't--a few seconds later--he shot Lou this look like he was nuts. The third thing was that with the opening notes of CHFIL, I went out into the lobby where Charlie had a stand set up to peddle his wares and I had a few minutes to talk to him before the crowd filed out of the theater.

It's funny to see some of these "Elvis people" doing whatever they're doing these days and see them often stoop to a low level to sell whatever they're selling in the name of Elvis. Well, it's not funny, but it is what it is...kind of sad, really.

EnigmaticSun
11-14-2005, 06:21 AM
It is difficult to match Elvis' quality. It's hard for a singer to be able to do both the rock songs and the power ballads.

I guess the ideal situation would be someone with the strength and vigor of Elvis around '68-'70, but also with the operatic ability like EP had later on in gospels and big ballads.

goodniteliz
11-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Generally, I do not enjoy Elvis Impersonators, but my parents took me to Memories theater after my high school graduation, and I loved it... I had my picture made with Lou and I also talked with him for a bit. He is a wonderful man who loves Elvis and just wants to keep his memory alive.... in my book, the show was great, and Lou even manages to pull of A LITTLE of Elvis' stage charisma. If you haven't seen it, it is a must for all Elvis fans.