PDA

View Full Version : Larry Blong real?

B_H
11-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi!

I've seen around that there's a guy called Larry Blong that is suposed to have done concerts for Elvis when he wassent in shape.
Is this really ture?
People say that it is he that are singing in the FTD cd "Dinner at eight".

I personally do not believe this, but what are your thoughts?

A link: http://www.geocities.com/sandyandelvis/larryblong.html

B_H

11-01-2005, 09:07 AM
People say Elvis is alive as well!

Larry Blong has never done any show for Elvis. What rubbish! The guy belongs in a mental home if he thinks that.

Oh and that picture of "him" with a microphone bending down on his webiste - that's Elvis, not Larry Blong.

Blong, The Stanley's and Gail Brewer Giorgio - all full of (I wont insert the word, but you know what I mean!)

KPM
11-01-2005, 11:01 AM
I have never read or heard his name that I can recall. He must be the invisible Elvis double because if he had really doubled for Elvis- even once- there would be a book devoted to the subject.(which may be whats coming who knows) It is some type of scam I'll bet. I hope the estate sues the jumpsuit off him.

NEA
11-01-2005, 11:21 AM
People say it is Boing!...er...Bong....I mean...er...Blong....singing on the FTD CD "Dinner At Eight"??!!...Well, it certainly sounds like Elvis to me...but in saying that, I've never heard Boing! sing - LOL.

Sorry, did I call him Boing! again there?....er...I mean, Bong....

Sorry, Blong...

How about the people who attended that particular Las Vegas dinner show in December 1975? You know, the people who were there - live at the occasion was that Boing! or Elvis that they saw in front of them?

Sorry, did I just call him Boing! again?!

Jeez, I mean Bong....

BLONG!!

This must be one of the most hilarious and mentalist Elvis stories ever since Goldman, Brewer-Giorgio, and the Elvis still alive stories came out...as well as all the impersonator's who try to perfect their smile, moves, hair, walk, jumpsuits every minute of every day - get a job and get a life...that's what I say to all those type folks, in saying that it would be pretty difficult for Goldman to get a life never mind a job - BOIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...LOL...

Ah, jeez, maybe I need to get a life.

LOL.

nabelt24
11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
There is a picture I found of Larry and Elvis at the gates of Graceland I posted on the FTD "Dinner At Eight" thread.

I've heard all these rumors as well and have wondered if they are true or false. I've heard Memphis Mafia talk of Elvis having a body double for security purposes, but never standing on stage performing as him!

NEA
11-01-2005, 01:07 PM
If EP needed a body double in the form of 'Boingy Blong' then why didn't he double for Elvis between the months of February and June of 1977 when Elvis, in deteriorating health condition, most needed it - especially on stage in front of a live audience.

Come on guys, where's your common sense of reality - let's start a new thread about something worthwhile...these people all have their own theories and takes on what they were to Elvis - just leave 'em to it, at the end of every day they still go to bed strapped into the same strait jacket!

Menwithbrokenhearts
11-01-2005, 02:52 PM
If EP needed a body double in the form of 'Boingy Blong' then why didn't he double for Elvis between the months of February and June of 1977 when Elvis, in deteriorating health condition, most needed it - especially on stage in front of a live audience.

Come on guys, where's your common sense of reality - let's start a new thread about something worthwhile...these people all have their own theories and takes on what they were to Elvis - just leave 'em to it, at the end of every day they still go to bed strapped into the same strait jacket!

I agree. Plus, whenever did Elvis need a voice double? He sounded better than all the impersonators when he was sick! And he did perform under less than perfect health and we have recordings of that. Plus look how well his voice sounded at the end.

This is quite a load of bs. THese people get a photo taken and suddenly they are something else entirely. ( For example the paternity suit from , was it 73 or 74?, some gal filed who only had a picture with Elvis, about which he talks about onstage in Vegas in 74.) These people hurt him then and still are. He cared very much for the fans and I believe was genuinely hurt by these type of things.

They are not satisfied with their own lot so let's leech off of someone else's. They are all parasites. I'm pretty sick of people like this.

KPM
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
I looked at the picture supposedly of Blank and Elvis at the gate and it looks faked.

nabelt24
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
I looked at the picture supposedly of Blank and Elvis at the gate and it looks faked.

I found it on some website that talked about Elvis mysteries and crap like that. Who knows? Here's the link to the website...

http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/

It's amusing stuff. Some of it is pretty funny.

boogie
11-02-2005, 01:15 AM
:):)what a joke

Danny Ocean
11-02-2005, 02:45 AM
The picture of Larry Blong and Elvis at the gates of his Beverly home house are real. Elvis was impressed that he met a Impersonator of himself, but there ends the things between them. Elvis had no body double and sure has no stage double. Larry Blong has nothing to do with Elvis, and he said that in some books pictures of him where placed thinking it is Elvis on the photo. That's not true. Elvis was Elvis, Larry Blong even doesn't look so much like Elvis. But my point is, Larry Blong has never stand in for Elvis, he only met him one time. How do I know all this? 'Cause I was talking about this with my friend Larry Geller. And who can know it better then someone who was around that time.

nabelt24
11-02-2005, 03:25 AM
The picture of Larry Blong and Elvis at the gates of his Beverly home house are real. Elvis was impressed that he met a Impersonator of himself, but there ends the things between them. Elvis had no body double and sure has no stage double. Larry Blong has nothing to do with Elvis, and he said that in some books pictures of him where placed thinking it is Elvis on the photo. That's not true. Elvis was Elvis, Larry Blong even doesn't look so much like Elvis. But my point is, Larry Blong has never stand in for Elvis, he only met him one time. How do I know all this? 'Cause I was talking about this with my friend Larry Geller. And who can know it better then someone who was around that time.

Well, that's solved it for me! This is a pointless discussion anyway. Thanks, Danny, for the info!!!

KPM
11-02-2005, 11:51 AM
I found it on some website that talked about Elvis mysteries and crap like that. Who knows? Here's the link to the website...

http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/

It's amusing stuff. Some of it is pretty funny.

I went to this site and could not find the picture, if you ask me its a pretty weird site. "Linky and Dinky" ???

nabelt24
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Ok, I screwed up and gave you the wrong link! Here is the correct link...
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/conspiracy.html

I know what you mean. Linky & Dinky.... weird, huh...:blush:

I have no life.....:sad:

NEA
11-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Well,

That's another imposter....er....Impersonator!....sorry....shown the door out of the 'EP World' and banged to rights.

Good Riddance.

KPM
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry that picture just looks fake to me. Something in the light on Elvis and the light on Blank seems wrong, contrast is different. One seems sharper more crisp. If the photo is Blanks and can not be independently verified I'd give 5 to 1 odds its faked.

wheels_02
11-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I think that this Larry Blong guy looks more like David Keith playing the part of Elvis in Heartbreak Hotel. He doesn't look too much like Elvis to me. No way that this guy was a body double or a voice double for Elvis.

Danny Ocean
11-03-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't know about the picture. But Elvis met him one time, at the gates. So the photo is real for me. Elvis came back in and sayed 'I was walking to the front, but I was already standing there'. That's what I know about this meeting. And well. impersonators..The only good one for me is Johnny Harra in This is Elvis..That's All I want to say. Elvis had never a double, not on stage not in private. People say he did, but he didn't.

KPM
11-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't know about the picture. But Elvis met him one time, at the gates. So the photo is real for me. Elvis came back in and sayed 'I was walking to the front, but I was already standing there'. That's what I know about this meeting. And well. impersonators..The only good one for me is Johnny Harra in This is Elvis..That's All I want to say. Elvis had never a double, not on stage not in private. People say he did, but he didn't.

Just curious where you get the info on the picture and story? You seem so sure of it. I just do not recall reading or hearing the story anywhere in print or in interviews of various Elvis people. Does not mean I couldnt have missed it. If it comes form a book which one? I have about 70 bios and Elvis related books. Plus hundreds of mags and articles going back to 1960. If its in one of the books I'd like to see who wrote it and read it again. Have never heard of this guy until here, that just seems odd. It seems most other fans never heard of him either.
If he can prove his claims he could have a great suit against BMG it would seem to me, of course he would have to have a lot more than his word as proof.

Danny Ocean
11-04-2005, 06:56 AM
I get all this information from Larry Geller, and someof Joe Esposito. They are great guys and I know them real good. About Blong..I may have some intresting things about him, I just want to find out myself first. Before I put it here, but if I'm correct I will

Danny Ocean
11-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Ladies and Gentleman, they have meet eachother at the gates of Elvis' Beverly Hills home. Althrough I discovered, that the picture of Elvis and Larry Blong is... I BELIEVE....fake... There is one big thing where you can really see the picture is fake. Behind larry there are straight bars behind him of the gate,you can't see them on the picture of the full gate. And Right under I tried to point out were Elvis was standing. You don't see straight bars at all.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9657/prove9ah.jpg

karlos
11-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Having been a fan for so long now i cannot recall this guy - is he real or what -if Elviswas ill doi:lmfao: ng shows hewoul have cancelled the show and do them when he was fit to- he did cancell a few shows in 1975 .

i have seen the picture of this guy on this forum and he does sure- ly looks wierd - how come we have not heard from him b4 now - i guess he is trying to cash in on the act -

i cannot believe some what that this guyexists and if he does - he is taking the mick.- by coming out now and assuming that he did replacement shows for Elvis - wel thats my thoughts - he surely loks wierd - with=sideburns and all-
i cannot say more on this issue .
Long Live The King :doh: :hmm:

Kapu
11-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Elvis isn't grasping the centermost set of bars on the gate, though. The centermost bars have the curves higher up so they're just off the top edge of the photo. I don't think it's a fake, or at least the bars aren't.

My guess would be it's a real photo of a brief encounter between Elvis and an impersonator who has since journeyed way too far into fantasyland. ;)

KPM
11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
That you are friends with them is a story in itself, fill us in on the details. I noticed you are 17 so I'm curious how you got to know them?
Still not convinced on photo, I have faked dozens of pictures as gags for friends with sports heros and movie stars and the contrast on Elvis is not the same as Blank. If you mix pictures and do not get the contrast and sharpness right on both pictures you are melding it looks like this picture.

Danny Ocean
11-04-2005, 01:36 PM
I've met Larry Geller personally and we E-mail every week. And Joe I only know from E-mail, every week too.

txwoman4
10-17-2006, 09:04 PM
I know this is an old topic but jsut wanted to say that I know the person who took the picture. It isnt a fake andit was taken at the Beverly HIlls house.

jak
10-18-2006, 03:25 AM
The whole story of being Elvis double is garbage and didnt happen.Its pure fantasy.The photos of them together are not fake.Elvis did meet him at the gate and that was the end of it.The story of them meeting has been told many times by those present.My memory might be wrong but Sandi Miller may have taken the photo.Im not positive though without checking.
Jak

Maikcool
10-18-2006, 06:13 AM
Maybe they have meet some day in past, but this photo is fake (I Think so) , just look at the form of gates! :hmm:

jak
10-18-2006, 06:27 AM
I would have to double check but I believe the photos and story are in one of Bud Glass' books.Behind the image 2 maybe?The pics are real.
Jak

Maikcool
10-18-2006, 06:46 AM
2 jak
Yes, I thought twice, and understood that - if gates was open and Elvis stood in the place that I`m indicated, photo can be real?

jak
10-18-2006, 06:56 AM
I think just the fact this Larry guy got his photo with Elvis it served as the launching pad for his outrageous claims.
Jak

memphis 77
10-18-2006, 09:49 AM
first off thanks to DANNY OCEAN for spotting the fake[well done], i know for sure from all 38 shows i attended and photographed it was E.P. , one thing is certain ELVIS liked being ELVIS PRESLEY, but i guess you live long enough you'll hear it all especially when it concerns E.P.

Maikcool
10-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Photo has been take during the same day.

memphis 77
10-19-2006, 08:40 AM
good work maikool, maybe it should be posted all over the web to let people know, does anyone remember the story that elvis had a guy impersonating him , when he would have to leave graceland the guy would be in a limo going out the front gate while elvis went out the back, so as to divert the fans, anyone remember this?

Menwithbrokenhearts
10-20-2006, 11:02 PM
I've seen the original of this photo somewhere and it did not have Larry Blong on it. This photo is fake . A B&W photo like this is so easy to doctor anyone, with the right software, can do it. I'll try to find it and post it on here. I also noticed that it was explained in several instances that if Elvis stood here... and the gates were at this angle.... But if you look at all the angles this gate has been shot at, the light, aspect distance between the two men and the gate bars themselves, there is alot that is not right. But... even if the photo was real, this guy is a complete ***** and whack job to be claiming to have done shows for Elvis. It's one of the most rediculous claims I ever heard. But for those of you who believe it there is a factual documentary out that is pretty good called "Bubba Ho-tep", you should check out. :D

MISSCLAWDY
10-21-2006, 04:45 AM
:D :D :D bubba ho- tep...!!!!!:lol: :lol:

PATCOOK16
10-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I have seen the web where this guy is said to Larry Blong. Yet in the last week I have emailed a cal. fan club president who said she took the picture and has the copyright. The picture is of Dale "Eli" Culbertson.

She no longer has the negative. Does any one have a real picture not a computer image?

Dudcowboy_1
10-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Its guys like this that give Elvis Tribute Artist bad names. For one this guy doesn't even sound like Elvis his voice is higher than Elvis. And #2 can't carry a tune if he tired. Its just someone trying make name off of Elvis. I believe that photo of Elvis and Larry is fake, looks like someone took two photos. Only person Elvis was really impressed about was Johnny Harra because in 1975 he did show at the Silver Eagle and Johnny was mistaken for Elvis and it was in paper the next day. Elvis wanted to meet Johnny but never got chance too.

I got to meet Johnny back in 2004. This man was really neat to talk to. Did you know he took NO MONEY gave 100% rights to EPE for "This is Elvis." Johnny Harra does shows still but only like 4 a year because of his age and weight he was hitting 500 pounds but lost like 200 of it and still trying.

Take care and God Bless!

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

PATCOOK16
10-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, they have meet eachother at the gates of Elvis' Beverly Hills home. Althrough I discovered, that the picture of Elvis and Larry Blong is... I BELIEVE....fake... There is one big thing where you can really see the picture is fake. Behind larry there are straight bars behind him of the gate,you can't see them on the picture of the full gate. And Right under I tried to point out were Elvis was standing. You don't see straight bars at all.

I THINK THIS PICTURE AT THE GATE IS REVERSED.

PATCOOK16
10-22-2006, 08:04 PM

I THINK THIS PICTURE IS OF THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE GATE GOING INTO THE DRIVE WAY NOT ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE PICTURE BUT THE RIGHT SIDE WHICH WOULD PUT ELVIS STANDING WITH THE CENTER OPENING TO THE LEFT OF HIM IN THE PICTURE.
iF THEY WERE STANDING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE GATE THE CURVE OF THE GATE WOULD BE SHOWING. IT IS NOT. THEREFORE THE THICK PIPING TO THE BACK OF THE PERSON IS THE MIDDLE SECTION OF THE GATE.

diamond
10-23-2006, 12:52 AM

I couldnt have put it better myself :clap: :clap: :clap:

Terry the Ted
10-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Does anyone really care if the pic is a fake or not?
Do some of you actually believe this nutters claims?
Come on guys, this is Elvis we are talking about here, no one would ever get away with standing in for him, and I mean NO ONE!

What with the lack of new material for us fans to check out, it's all to easy to get involved in these mad rumours, simply to be discussing Elvis, but please... seriously think about this for a moment... ANOTHER GUY STANDING IN FOR ELVIS ON STAGE, AND NO ONE NOTICES?
There is not the smallest of possibilities that may have ever happened, and to all those of you that may have started to believe it, try to remember who we are talking about here... ELVIS PRESLEY, not just any old singer that may have gone unnoticed doing that.

Terry

Maikcool
10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
I completely agree! Rumors about substitution of Elvis on the scene ? it`s nonsense!
But simply interesting ? photo is fake or Elvis really was met with the double.

Dudcowboy_1
10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I met this guy when I first started in the business. He looks nothing like Elvis once he shaved his sideburns. His voice was way higher than Elvis. I did tell him I thought it was pretty sad that someone would say they switched with Elvis. How can you perform as Elvis when you can't carry a tune? I only talked to him for like 4 minutes if that and at the end I told him he was #$*%& and need getting life. Few Elvis fans around me laughed and told him he was nuts so.

Dudcowboy_1
10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I met this guy when I first started in the business. He looks nothing like Elvis once he shaved his sideburns. His voice was way higher than Elvis. I did tell him I thought it was pretty sad that someone would say they switched with Elvis. How can you perform as Elvis when you can't carry a tune? I only talked to him for like 4 minutes if that and at the end I told him he was #$*%& and need getting life. Few Elvis fans around me laughed and told him he was nuts so.

Humes53
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
This is the real Larry Blong. People at sandyandelvis@yahoo began writing untrue things about me and putting words in my mouth that I have never said. I wrote Suite 101 and told them I am going to sue everyone who has written or printed this junk. I was an Elvis impersonator in the 70s and 80s (last show was 1986). I performed at the first Elvis Convention in Memphis in June of 1976 and met Elvis buddy George Klein who told me "Larry, Elvis wouldn't want to see you perform, it would be too scary". I am listed in Elvis' secretary's book, "My Life With Elvis" as one of the top Elvis acts in the U.S.A. I have met Elvis on several occasions as a fan. I was a fan first and an impersonator second. I never did anything but a Tribute Show and hung at the gate everyday from 1975 to August 8th 1977. I was in the Memphis Press-Scimitar in an article by Bill Burke with quotes from George Klein. GK said that "the way Larry moves, his lips, eyes, shoulder movements, the way he walks, he must study Elvis' moves 12 hours a day. The article was called "Double EL, A Near Duplicate". So I have never doubled for Elvis, never met him in California or any other garbage that sandyandelvis@yahoo say that
I did. They are going to be sued and everyone else who has taken part in this corruption. I looked like Elvis because of make-up and acting ability. I did the best job I could do and apparently it was enough to impress Elvis' best man and buddy George Klein. George called Dick Clark in Vegas the next day on my behalf but Dick told him, "I got three guys on the strip that do Elvis better than Elvis". So that was the end of that but when I did shows in and around Memphis (including the Crosstown Theater where Elvis used to see all-night movies) I would hire GK to come out first and tell stories about Elvis and answer questions. So that was it, never knew Elvis personally, although he probably saw me everyday with the camera on the lawn, shook hands with him seven times, and kissed his right hand the first time, and met him twice in Oct 76 and April 77 in the Vickers Gas Station. Elvis was always accommodating, nice and funny. Elvis never used a double and even did most of his own stunts in Hollywood. Today, I play golf and work for the U.S government. I write Elvis "fiction" stories, but this bullcrap from sandyandelvis is bigger than any Elvis fiction story that I ever wrote, including "Elvis on Ice". If you guys are nice I might send you a copy. So get
it straight. I am Larry Blong, was an EP impersonator, not me in that phony pic (I looked a lot better than whoever is standing next to the "King", was a fan first, and am trying to correct all the baloney. Would be happy to answer any thing you might want to know. Could you pass this around so people will start to get the truth from "The horse's mouth". Thanks,

Larry Blong
[email protected]

txwoman4
04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. I remember on that website you were refering to they had stated you were dead. So thanks for clearing a few things up.

srj1967
04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
So who's the guy next to Elvis in that famous pic, or is it faked?

I read years ago that this was the only time Elvis was photgraphed with an impersonator.

Oh, wait ... didn't I read that in one of LICHTER's books?

Ugh!

Good luck to you then, Larry. If it's all untrue, then sue the arse off them! (y)

txwoman4
04-30-2007, 01:45 PM
So who's the guy next to Elvis in that famous pic, or is it faked?

I read years ago that this was the only time Elvis was photgraphed with an impersonator.

Oh, wait ... didn't I read that in one of LICHTER's books?

Ugh!

Good luck to you then, Larry. If it's all untrue, then sue the arse off them! (y)

Its not a fake. I know the person who took the picture.

Humes53
04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
I have no idea who that guy is in the superimposed pic of sandyandelvis is
with Elvis. Who would stand next to Elvis and not look at him? Not even
Ray Charlers would do that. You would have to ask Sandy that question.
I was at the gate everyday and was there the night that Jerry Lee
Lewis rammed his luxury car into the Music Gates. He pulled a gun out and
demanded to see Elvis. Harold Lloyd, the guard and first cousin to Elvis,
ran back inside the guardhouse and called Elvis bodyguard Al Strada. Al
told Harold to tell "The Killer" that Elvis had done gone to bed (Memphis
slang, "You gotta be loose when you say it"). Al called the Memphis police
and they came and handcuffed Jerry and took him away. We ran out of
the guardhouse and looked into Jerry's front seat. He had tapes of himself.
I thought that was something that Elvis would never do, you know listen to
himself. I heard a story one time when Elvis was younger that there was a
party up at Graceland and someone put on an Elvis record. Elvis exploded
and said, "who in the hell put that on?" I guess Elvis didn't feel like hearing
himself when he was home trying to relax. Do you think you can get little
stories like this from Sandy, the maker upper of fairytales? They have used
my name and identity to tell big lies about our hero, and are disparaging him
by saying that the "King" used or needed a double. Elvis did all his perform-
ing, and even did a lot of his own stunts in Hollywood. They are trying to
promote their own selves at Elvis' and my expense. Elvis fans deserve the
truth and Larry Blong, "Double EL" is here to provide them with it, as I was
at the gate everyday and will relay a lot of stories and things that Elvis
said in the Vickers Gas Station in Oct 1976 and April of 1977. Like I said
I was an Elvis fan first and an impersonator second. Maybe that's the
formula one needs to be the best at doing the King. I guess it emanates
from the heart. Maybe that is why George Klein told me, "Larry, as a rule I
don't dig Elvis impersonators, but I can see how much you really love Elvis,
and I want you and your brother down at my WHBQ studio tomorrow. Isn't
this better than listening to Sandyandelvis make up stuff about me, Double
EL, and denegrate the King? Sometimes when Elvis went on the road the
guards would take my brother Steve and I up to the pool. I remember look-
at the lumber for the soon to be built raquetball court and thinking, "man we
had no idea when we left Philly that this was ever going to happen". Taking
the morning papers up to the house and to the trailers behind the house,
even when Elvis was home. But alas (sob) he was never standing out back.
Talk to ya'll next time with some more Elvis memories. I have written some
Elvis "fiction" stories that I'm pretty sure you will like. Isn't hearing about
Elvis better than baloney about me. I had my place, but like I said, it was
our love for Elvis that made us move to Memphis in the first place. Por-
traying Elvis initially was just a way to show some folks a little of Elvis who
hadn't had a chance. Although I practiced thousands of hours in front of a
mirror, it was simply and always a labor of love.
Larry Blong

P.S. I have told Sandy to stop using my name without my consent and
putting words in my mouth that I would never say about Elvis, the
greatest entertainer of all time. If it continues I will hire a lawyer
and sue for slander, identity theft and anything else we can think
of. Maybe if we get enough I'll think about coming out of retirement.
lol.

nabelt24
04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the post, Larry. I've always wondered what had been going on with these rumors what was true or not?

txwoman4
04-30-2007, 09:25 PM
I have no idea who that guy is in the superimposed pic of sandyandelvis is
with Elvis. Who would stand next to Elvis and not look at him? Not even
Ray Charlers would do that. You would have to ask Sandy that question.
I was at the gate everyday and was there the night that Jerry Lee
Lewis rammed his luxury car into the Music Gates. He pulled a gun out and
demanded to see Elvis. Harold Lloyd, the guard and first cousin to Elvis,
ran back inside the guardhouse and called Elvis bodyguard Al Strada. Al
told Harold to tell "The Killer" that Elvis had done gone to bed (Memphis
slang, "You gotta be loose when you say it"). Al called the Memphis police
and they came and handcuffed Jerry and took him away. We ran out of
the guardhouse and looked into Jerry's front seat. He had tapes of himself.
I thought that was something that Elvis would never do, you know listen to
himself. I heard a story one time when Elvis was younger that there was a
party up at Graceland and someone put on an Elvis record. Elvis exploded
and said, "who in the hell put that on?" I guess Elvis didn't feel like hearing
himself when he was home trying to relax. Do you think you can get little
stories like this from Sandy, the maker upper of fairytales? They have used
my name and identity to tell big lies about our hero, and are disparaging him
by saying that the "King" used or needed a double. Elvis did all his perform-
ing, and even did a lot of his own stunts in Hollywood. They are trying to
promote their own selves at Elvis' and my expense. Elvis fans deserve the
truth and Larry Blong, "Double EL" is here to provide them with it, as I was
at the gate everyday and will relay a lot of stories and things that Elvis
said in the Vickers Gas Station in Oct 1976 and April of 1977. Like I said
I was an Elvis fan first and an impersonator second. Maybe that's the
formula one needs to be the best at doing the King. I guess it emanates
from the heart. Maybe that is why George Klein told me, "Larry, as a rule I
don't dig Elvis impersonators, but I can see how much you really love Elvis,
and I want you and your brother down at my WHBQ studio tomorrow. Isn't
this better than listening to Sandyandelvis make up stuff about me, Double
EL, and denegrate the King? Sometimes when Elvis went on the road the
guards would take my brother Steve and I up to the pool. I remember look-
at the lumber for the soon to be built raquetball court and thinking, "man we
had no idea when we left Philly that this was ever going to happen". Taking
the morning papers up to the house and to the trailers behind the house,
even when Elvis was home. But alas (sob) he was never standing out back.
Talk to ya'll next time with some more Elvis memories. I have written some
Elvis "fiction" stories that I'm pretty sure you will like. Isn't hearing about
Elvis better than baloney about me. I had my place, but like I said, it was
our love for Elvis that made us move to Memphis in the first place. Por-
traying Elvis initially was just a way to show some folks a little of Elvis who
hadn't had a chance. Although I practiced thousands of hours in front of a
mirror, it was simply and always a labor of love.
Larry Blong

P.S. I have told Sandy to stop using my name without my consent and
putting words in my mouth that I would never say about Elvis, the
greatest entertainer of all time. If it continues I will hire a lawyer
and sue for slander, identity theft and anything else we can think
of. Maybe if we get enough I'll think about coming out of retirement.
lol.

Look I believe you are who you say you are but I know the woman who took the pic of Elvis and the impersonator at the gate. That pic wasn't taken at Graceland. It was taken in California. I htink it was the Hillcrast house but I cant be for sure which house. But I do know it was in Calirfornia.

jak
05-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Look I believe you are who you say you are but I know the woman who took the pic of Elvis and the impersonator at the gate. That pic wasn't taken at Graceland. It was taken in California. I htink it was the Hillcrast house but I cant be for sure which house. But I do know it was in Calirfornia.

Exactly.The person posting doesnt even know it's not Graceland?
Jak

wheels_02
05-01-2007, 06:46 PM

I know who took the photo, also. It was definitely in California and it was taken at the Hillcrest house.;)

toffe
05-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Hmm....:hmm:

Erhan
05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Larry King could be real :P
do you really belive that kind of stories.
Elvis had only one double and that's ELVISLAND:lol:
ohh I forgot my Jr. Baby :blink: :lol: :lmfao:

elvislady
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
These gates are from1174 hillcrest ave beverley hills.
elvislady

Evi
05-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Even the idea is so stupid that is worthless to comment...I mean really c'mon guys it's obviously this is a fake story...as for the picture you can easily adjust the picture in photoshop to look a little bit old and blured so NO that is certainly not Elvis!

Merry
05-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Blong, bong, King Kong, Song, Wong........lol.........blahhhhhh methinks Blong had too much time on his hands, lol

Originally Posted by NEA

Come on guys, where's your common sense of reality - let's start a new thread about something worthwhile...these people all have their own theories and takes on what they were to Elvis - just leave 'em to it, at the end of every day they still go to bed strapped into the same strait jacket!!

Straight Jacket, Straight Jacket? They're coming to take me away, hehe, ha ha........lol ......

Jess

ajr
05-16-2007, 04:13 AM
That Larry Blong character has been going around for many years .
His name has been a part of the "Underground" for a long time.
Better to disregard all this .That's not even his real name. :blink:
Needless to say.....he was never Elvis' double ....!!

utmom2008
05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Blong, bong, King Kong, Song, Wong........lol.........blahhhhhh methinks Blong had too much time on his hands, lol

Straight Jacket, Straight Jacket? They're coming to take me away, hehe, ha ha........lol ......

Jess

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: