PDA

View Full Version : The wonder of you

Gertepet
10-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi all.

Just read that the writer of this beautiful song has died....It was the opening song on my wedding!!

One question always puzzled me: did Elvis record this song in the studio??

I know a live version was his hit single, especially in the UK. Also there are rehearsels of this song available....but did he ever recorded it officially? When I look at my colection and my knowledge of recording sessions the answer is no.....

Can someone confirm this??

KPM
10-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure he only did live versions and no "official studio version" was ever done. He did rehearse it and, I believe, there are recordings of the rehearsals.
Its was a well done live recording and it hit pretty well in1970.

Gertepet
10-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks, it's the confirmation of the expected!

Jungleroom76
10-16-2005, 05:44 PM
There was never a studio version of this song recorded....only the live versions and the rehearsals. :)

Of course, as always, Ernst and his team at RCA are always unearthing new tapes, so maybe they will find a studio recording of THE WONDER OF YOU in the future. But for now, as far as we all know, there are no official studio recordings of the song!!

TCB!
Mike

Tommy
10-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Thank you Mike,

Tommy :)

Stefan Kock
10-20-2005, 04:13 AM
I believe in Ernst's book it is claimed that this song was considered for an recording session in August '67 which never took place. Would have been quite interesting. Also i've read somewehere that the song was considered fo the Memphis ' 69 sessions, but rejected because of publishing issius.