PDA

View Full Version : ELVIS An Afternoon In The Garden

Tommy
10-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Got "ELVIS An Afternoon In The Garden! WOW I'm into the 4th song Never Been to Spain and I'm lovin this CD already very exciting Elvis' voice is superb!!! WOW

Tommy :)

Tommy
10-14-2005, 12:18 PM
GEES!! This is wonderful!!! (y) :clap:

jason7890
10-14-2005, 12:20 PM
yes mate just listen to the crowd when he comes on, amazing.
this cd rates as one of two of the best sounding live shows i`ve heard the other of course being the greensboro show.

Tommy
10-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Yes this is really great!! WOW I'm excited about this CD. On All Shook up now!! (y)

Thanks for your reply,

nabelt24
10-14-2005, 12:38 PM
This is an incredible album! It's really one of my favorites!

Jungleroom76
10-14-2005, 12:49 PM
So, are you trying to say you like the album Tommy?? ;)

AN AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN is indeed a FANTASTIC CD, and I am so glad you are enjoying it as much as you are!! Just further proof of how good Elvis was in 1972, and with the improved sound quality on the AFTERNOON CD versus the original MSG LP (and subsequent RCA CD), you can clearly hear how great he really was!! And like Jason7890 said, just hearing the crowd's reaction when Elvis stepped onto the stage is worth the price of the CD alone!! (y)

Now that you are hooked on Elvis in 1972 Tommy, do you have (or have you heard) the San Antonio show from '72 on Disc 4 of the CLOSE UP box set? If not, you should really try to get a copy of that disc....if you love AFTERNOON, you'll REALLY LOVE the San Antonio show...the sound is incredible and Elvis is in GREAT form!!! :)

Enjoy your CD Tommy!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

jason7890
10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
speaking of the original msg isn`t it time it was redone properly with the same sound as the afternoon show? also the correct speed after all these years would be nice.
thats all right always sounds strange to me on this lp due to it being speeded up.

Tommy
10-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Wow, what a voice! On Can't Stop Loving You want an ending his voice is so powerful!!! Can't Help Falling in Love With You!! Super!!!! :clap: I going to have to listen to this one again, it went by so fast!

Thank you Mike for your good reply, I will have to check out other one you mentioned.

Tommy
10-14-2005, 01:10 PM
speaking of the original msg isn`t it time it was redone properly with the same sound as the afternoon show? also the correct speed after all these years would be nice.
thats all right always sounds strange to me on this lp due to it being speeded up.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, redo!! (y)

NEA
10-14-2005, 01:34 PM
A Big Thank You to Tommy and the Guys for their contributions on this great thread...great running commentary on playing the CD, Tommy!

Cheers,

NEA.

Tommy
10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
You are very welcome!! (y)

This is so exciting I'm listening again! Do you have this one NEA??

NEA
10-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Yes, I certainly do mate...got it when it was first released on CD in 1997...been rockin' to it ever since!

NEA.

Lindnet
10-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh Tommy, I'm so jealous!! Mine is on order, but it's coming from somewhere in Asia and it may be awhile before it arrives! Glad to hear you like it so much!

Tommy
10-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Lindent,

OH YES, wait till you get this one, WOW!! (y) :notworthy You also need to get ELVIS ON TOUR The Reshearals!! Hope you get your Afternoon In The Garden soon.

Jungleroom76
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!! :clap:

Perhaps an upgraded version of the original MSG album will be a future consideration for the FTD restoration project!!! I agree completely that a MAJOR upgrade in sound quality is needed for the original MSG album...that is one of the main reasons why I seldom listen to the original MSG show...just because of the inferior sound quality! Just imagine how crisp and refreshing that show would sound with the same sound quality as the AFTERNOON CD!!! Almost like listening to a brand new show!!! (y)

By the way, Jason7890, I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the TCB-World forum!! I noticed you are new to our family, and we appreciate having you here! We hope you enjoy being a member of our forum and we certainly hope to see you posting here often!!! :clap:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
10-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Thank you Mike for your good reply, I will have to check out other one you mentioned.

If you can find someone who has the box set, perhaps they would make you a copy of the show so that you can hear it without having to buy the whole box set. While the CLOSE UP set is a decent set, Disc 4 with the San Antonio show is definitely the highlight of the set!!! (Just for your information...the San Antonio show is featured in ELVIS ON TOUR....it's the show where he is wearing the white pinwheel suit, and in the film you see him perform PROUD MARY, NEVER BEEN TO SPAIN and BURNING LOVE)

RCA did an EXCELLENT job with the mastering of this show....it sounds just as good, if not even a touch BETTER than the AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN CD!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Wendy56
10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Seems like I'm going to buy it (or I'll try to)! Nice comments Mike and Tommy :clap:

Jungleroom76
10-14-2005, 03:59 PM
MY PLEASURE WENDY56!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Tommy
10-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Thank you Mike!!! (y) :notworthy I'll watch EOT and see!

Tommy
10-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Seems like I'm going to buy it (or I'll try to)! Nice comments Mike and Tommy :clap:

Thank you Wendy and by all means buy this one! It's great! (y)

Wendy56
10-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Thank you Wendy and by all means buy this one! It's great! (y)

I'll try. I hope I can find that CD in Mexico. :P

Wendy56
10-14-2005, 04:40 PM
MY PLEASURE WENDY56!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Hey, thank you for that reply Mike. :blush:

Lindnet
10-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey, I finally received my copy of An Afternoon in the Garden!! Now I know what you were talking about!! When I first heard the Also Sprach Zarathustra start up and the crowd roaring when he stepped on stage, I got goose bumps and tears in my eyes! It was as close as I'll ever get to actually being there! What a great CD this one is. (y) Thanks for the advice!

Tommy
10-27-2005, 10:57 AM
So happy you like the CD. Thank you for your nice reply Lindnet.

Elvis-Presley_1969-Vegas
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
my Favorite song on that album is Elvis version of " Hound Dog " when he messes with the audience, starts of real slow then dives right into the song, just listen top the crowd reaction, BRILLIANT

Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes.” - Elvis Presley-1970