PDA

View Full Version : Tuscon 1972

Lindnet
08-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok, I have no idea if anyone on here can help with this, but I DO know that if anybody knows, you guys do!!

My best friend saw Elvis when she was 13 or 14. It was in Tuscon in November of 1972. I thought it would be a great idea to get her some pictures and maybe even a recording of that concert for Christmas. I was able to find some pictures. And from what I can tell from this link, http://musicmoz.org/Bands_and_Artists/P/Presley,_Elvis/Discography/What_a_Lovely_Way_to_Burn/
it looks like there is a bootleg recording of it out there somewhere. My problem is that I haven't the faintest idea of how to go about locating a copy of it. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Lindnet
08-24-2005, 06:40 AM
So nobody here knows where I can find bootlegs?

Leroy
08-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi Lindnet, tonight I will post some pictures of the event. I have to work now.

Lindnet
08-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Thank you, Leroy, that would be great!

Just an update, I found a guy through a search engine that has that concert on CD. I think my girlfriend will be very happy this Christmas!

Leroy
08-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Hereby two pictures taken in Tuscon, Arizona. I have to dive into my hard disk to come up with more.

Lindnet
08-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Leroy, thank you so much!! Those are wonderful!! I would have thanked you sooner, but I was in Vegas for a couple of days. Of course I went to the Elvis-A-Rama, too.

Thanks again!!

NEA
08-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I believe this to be the White Adonis Jumpsuit that Elvis is wearing at the Tucson 72 show?

Another thing that strikes my attention is the use of the promotional banner at the foot of the stage...I know these were also used during Elvis' April Concerts (see "Elvis On Tour") and at his record-breaking Madison Square Garden shows, but were these promos always a feature at every Elvis concert in the 70's?

It would be interesting to know.

Cheers,

NEA.

Leroy
08-28-2005, 07:07 PM
At least during 1972. That was the "Elvis Now" year.