PDA

View Full Version : Health Problems

acmilan
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
After hearing all the different reasons for his early death just what health problems was Elvis suffering from and how early did it start?

08-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Elvis suffered from many health problems. Enlarged Colon, high blood pressure, galucoma and many more. Good question as to how they all started, but Elvis led a very physically demanding lifestyle.

Linda Thomspon put it well, when she said - " That there is something about genius, that carrys the seed of its own destruction." - She was referring to Elvis, and I can't help but think she is absoloutely right.

cameron
02-15-2008, 08:14 AM
From some old newspapers :

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/EPill.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/EPdied.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/Nickreport.jpg

Tony Trout
02-15-2008, 08:17 AM
From some old newspapers :

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/EPill.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/EPdied.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/Nickreport.jpg

I have that same book, Cameron. I actually wish I could find an original copy of it....

presley31
02-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks cameron very interesting.

john carpenter
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Very interesting about what caused his death. Good god man , with all those health problems,it isn't hard to believe he died at 42.It's the first time i heard or read about cotton balls in his ears. Maybe that's one of the reasons he couldn't sleep. And took too much "medicine" for the pain? Thank you Cameron and Tony Trout for the info.

cameron
02-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I have that same book, Cameron. I actually wish I could find an original copy of it....

That was given to me a long time ago. I thought it was just pictures and I never looked at it closely until last night.
Well, the things one over-looks. ;)

cameron
02-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Very interesting about what caused his death. Good god man , with all those health problems,it isn't hard to believe he died at 42.It's the first time i heard or read about cotton balls in his ears. Maybe that's one of the reasons he couldn't sleep. And took too much "medicine" for the pain? Thank you Cameron and Tony Trout for the info.

I was just glad to see some confirmation from 1977, instead of reading a book. ;)

Tony Trout
02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
It's the first time i heard or read about cotton balls in his ears. Maybe that's one of the reasons he couldn't sleep. And took too much "medicine" for the pain?

I remember reading that particular article and thinking: "What B.S.!"

Thank you Cameron and Tony Trout for the info.

Um...thanks goes to Cameron...they're the one who provided the info. I only posted a reply.

That was given to me a long time ago. I thought it was just pictures and I never looked at it closely until last night.
Well, the things one over-looks. ;)

True. It's a neat book to have. There was a "slimmed down" version of this same book released not long after the first one...I didn't like it as well.

cameron
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
True. It's a neat book to have. There was a "slimmed down" version of this same book released not long after the first one...I didn't like it as well.

Yep, this is a huge book. I never buy those things for myself.
Can't remember who gave it to me though.It's been gathering dust .:P

Tony Trout
02-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Yep, this is a huge book. I never buy those things for myself.
Can't remember who gave it to me though.It's been gathering dust .:P

Mine has a few of the pages ripped slightly....

(If you ever wanna get rid of yours, I'll take it off your hands! :D )

poormansgold
02-15-2008, 09:34 AM
One Thing I found out That Elvis Having bad headhaces, now we call The m word, That's part of the genius we have. We can't count outr he have THe C word, We know he was Ill last years. We see it In pictures We had few people say that we look dead before he was. I see things put 6 feet half man down slowing , it was my step-father , I watch him Dying slowing for 15 years and there nothing I can't Do about it
He Had Brain Tumor and They remove That's didn't kill him few years later He had A stroke that's things start fast atfer two years living In Nusning Home, He pass peaceful
, There few you never under stand yet,
We never know Real true about elvis Death.
tom

Tony Trout
02-15-2008, 09:39 AM
One Thing I found out That Elvis Having bad headhaces, now we call The m word, That's part of the genius we have. We can't count outr he have THe C word

If you're referring to cancer, yes we can count it out...Elvis did not have cancer.

SleepyJack
02-15-2008, 09:53 AM
The way it has always seemed to me was that ,yes,Elvis was sick...but nothing that could not have been remedied, I have always seen it as being more of an illness of the spirit within him.....I think that he was aware of it too,his lust for life was not the same in the final few years...and in many ways that can do as much damage to a person as any physical ilness........I would say that most of us have,at some time,known people who gave up on life and went downhill very fast afterwards.

KPM
02-15-2008, 10:54 AM
He was born with a congenital colon problem (a ganglionic fold)
he had high blood pressure, he had glaucoma, he had migraines, he had arthritis of the neck and spine he had pleurisy in his lungs a couple times. All this according to Dr. Nick and some other doctors from the book "Elvis Up Close" When (and if) Dr. Nicks book comes out perhaps more info about Elvis's health problems will come out.

poormansgold
02-15-2008, 12:16 PM
He was born with a congenital colon problem (a ganglionic fold)
he had high blood pressure, he had glaucoma, he had migraines, he had arthritis of the neck and spine he had pleurisy in his lungs a couple times. All this according to Dr. Nick and some other doctors from the book "Elvis Up Close" When (and if) Dr. Nicks book comes out perhaps more info about Elvis's health problems will come out.

You are right alot on things ^
Tom

Unchained Melody
02-15-2008, 12:23 PM
From what I've heard and read over the last couple of years to me Elvis died of an allergic drug reaction to Codeine..they said they found hemriges or something on him from the waist up and said it was clearly an allergic reaction to the medicine..and they said there were witnesses who had witnessed him having bad reactions to codeine?:hmm:

KPM
02-15-2008, 12:40 PM
From what I've heard and read over the last couple of years to me Elvis died of an allergic drug reaction to Codeine..they said they found hemriges or something on him from the waist up and said it was clearly an allergic reaction to the medicine..and they said there were witnesses who had witnessed him having bad reactions to codeine?:hmm:
There is a lot of debate on this subject, according to Dr. Nick in "Elvis Up Close" Elvis's allergy to codeine was a mild one. (I'm allergic to strawberries but not to the point it kills me, just to the point I break out in hives) Other doctors in the book describe how a deadly allergic codeine reaction would kill you-and they stated it did not match how Elvis died. (Example- his lungs did not fill up with liquid in the way a severe allergic reaction would have caused) But its a subject we have discussed before and its very debateable.
(Plus this may be off topic since the topic was what were the known things wrong with Elvis medically- not what caused his death.)

cameron
02-15-2008, 12:57 PM
There is a lot of debate on this subject, according to Dr. Nick in "Elvis Up Close" Elvis's allergy to codeine was a mild one. (I'm allergic to strawberries but not to the point it kills me, just to the point I break out in hives) Other doctors in the book describe how a deadly allergic codeine reaction would kill you-and they stated it did not match how Elvis died. (Example- his lungs did not fill up with liquid in the way a severe allergic reaction would have caused) But its a subject we have discussed before and its very debateable.
(Plus this may be off topic since the topic was what were the known things wrong with Elvis medically- not what caused his death.)

I knew you knew about these things. Glad to see you here. :notworthy
This was a thread from 2005, so guess we can do as we want with it.;)

REDLO
02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
If You Go To The Website "find A Death" There You Find Also Info Of The Doctors From The Hospital !!

Tony Trout
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM

I knew you knew about these things. Glad to see you here. :notworthy
This was a thread from 2005, so guess we can do as we want with it.;)

THREAD HI-JACK!!

*hee hee*

:P:P:P

There's the story that has gone around that Elvis mistook the Codeine tablets for Dilaudid tablets on that fateful morning....

Linda Thompson has also stated that Elvis would break out in hives when he took Codeine.

cameron
02-15-2008, 01:44 PM
THREAD HI-JACK!!

*hee hee*

:P:P:P

There's the story that has gone around that Elvis mistook the Codeine tablets for Dilaudid tablets on that fateful morning....

Linda Thompson has also stated that Elvis would break out in hives when he took Codeine.
Wouldn't it be great to get the truth someday ?? :P

Tony Trout
02-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Wouldn't it be great to get the truth someday ?? :P

Yes, it would. *sigh*