PDA

View Full Version : What songs of Elvis' did you cry during??

iloveelvis05
08-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey guys! I was just wondering...what songs of the King's have ya'll ever got real emotional during and even cried??

I cried when I heard Elvis sing "Unchained Melody" for the first time. Wow...it was amazing! And I also cried during the song "American Trilogy"...it was also one of the first times I had heard it. :'(

If there is more than one...list them all please! :)

Lindnet
08-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Hurt
You Don't Know Me
How Great Thou Art

Great thread idea!

iloveelvis05
08-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Hurt
You Don't Know Me
How Great Thou Art

Great thread idea!

Thanks!!! It just kinda seemed like most of the threads were about products of Elvis' or history-related things, stuff like that. I was beginning to lose interest. NOT in Elvis though, just in some of the forum topics. I'm glad you like it! :D

Dovey
08-02-2005, 08:31 AM
My favorite songs (and the ones that can bring tears to my eyes eveytime) are "If I can dream" "Blue Christmas" and "My Way". Sometimes I feel embarassed but those three songs always hit my heart because I feel he really sang them from way deep within himself.

He was truly one of a kind singer and no matter what song he sang I loved them all ... Dovey

Fire_Eyes
08-02-2005, 01:10 PM
If I Can Dream

Gets me everytime. :blush:

old_shep
08-02-2005, 01:49 PM
the lighthouse..although not a proper release i heard it at a time of great sorrow in my personal life ...now everytime its played it gets to me

Leroy
08-02-2005, 02:13 PM
"Mama liked the roses" is a song that still makes me cry.:'(

mn-designs
08-02-2005, 05:56 PM
For me that is:
It's easy for you
Unchained Melody
Pieces Of My Life
Solitaire
I think i can add the whole jungleroom sessions to it, some of his finest ballads there!

SweetInspiration
08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Are you Lonesome Tonight and Always on My Mind. Those are the two that I can rarely get through without sobbing. :'(

Elvisgirl
08-02-2005, 06:21 PM
American Trilogy, Always On My Mind, Don't Cry Daddy always makes me cry

U.S. Male
08-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Old Shep
Song Of The Shrimp
Old Macdonald
Danny Boy (Sherrill Nielsen)
The Entire Soundtrack Of Harum Scarum

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

carolynlm
08-02-2005, 11:43 PM
'You'll Never Walk Alone' and 'Pieces Of My Life' get me every time.......

JerryNodak
08-03-2005, 02:39 AM
I've Lost You gets me everytime.

P.S. Annie
08-03-2005, 12:44 PM
You'll never walk alone, espacially the take with that beautiful sigh at the end.

Unchained melody, the footage with that famous smile, still make me:'(

illona
08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
For me : Always on my mind, separate ways, softly as I leave you, how great thou art and many others :blink:

Jungleroom76
08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
GREAT QUESTION!!!! :hmm:

There are only 2 Elvis songs that I, personally, can't bring myself to listen to...

OLD SHEP - I cried the first time I heard this over 25 years ago (and I have never listened to it again TO THIS DAY!!!!) :'(

MAMA LIKED THE ROSES - Just a really sad song....although I will occassionally listen to this song, it brings tears to my eyes every single time!!! :'(

TCB!
Mike

buttonhead
08-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Unchained Melody , I'll Remember You and My Way always gets me ....... :'(

geordie
08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
it usually depends on how many pints ive had :lmfao:. but here goes

dont cry daddy, with lisa marie,first time i heard this, i was away with the mixer,

sometimes i have tears of pride in my eyes.like when i watch and listen to american trilogy from aloha,and if i can dream from the comeback:notworthy

Lonniebealestreet
08-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Mama Liked The Roses is probably the main song I can think of that has affected me like that.

However, I have been moved to tears and more often gotten chills from certain songs--usually from watching videos though. And they're not tears of sadness.

It's difficult to explain and probably a bit weird in some cases, but such moments include when he gets going on Polk Salad Annie in Elvis On Tour, the endings of What Now My Love and American Trilogy in Aloha (those moments in the rehearsal show being slightly superior), and a couple moments from Elvis In Concert. OK, they are during Hurt and (ahem!) Hound Dog. Forgot to mention If I Can Dream...there are others too, I'm sure.

There are a few audio moments which come to mind from '77. The first you've probably heard me or jungleroom76 mention before: Largo, May 22 - Can't Help Falling In Love. Elvis hits a note at the end that's just unbelievable, and I really don't think he could have pulled it off so well years before when he was considered to be in his prime. Then there's Hurt from the last show, Indianapolis...incredible, and so moving! And I don't know what it is about that last part of Hound Dog, the way he did it in '77. I just love how he gets into it, and it's really cool to hear the audience response on some of those audience recordings, just as with Hurt.

Ultimately, what I think it comes down to is I am most moved by moments in which Elvis gets lost in the music and something else just takes over. That reminds me--Unchained Melody, Rapid City as seen in The Great Performances--how could I forget? At those times it is as if it's just coming straight from the soul, like Elvis decides to give in to the musical beast inside ("it's not tactics, honey...") and turn off his conscious self to let the genius inside be voiced in a pure form, one that is basically all emotion. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else, but that's the way I see it. Don't you notice how in some songs or at least in some parts of songs, Elvis was always all business and never gave a so-so delivery? I think that he recognized that in order to hit some of those notes and do those songs the justice they deserved, he had to be fully engaged. That meant closing his eyes, turning the world off and tuning in to that whatever it was that only he knew. It strikes me as a very private, sacred phenomenon which he was able to share with the world without hesitation (because he knew the end result was something that would always impress). By that I mean I liken it to someone else meditating with thousands of people watching. That's what strikes a chord with me.

I'm not sure what I just said.

Wendy56
08-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I agree with you dear Elvis Fans. For me, I guess Unchained Melody is a sad song. The way Elvis sings it on his last live concert just break my heart. Others...

If I Can Dream
Just Pretend
My Way
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

The list could grow more and more. And it isn't because Elvis' songs were sad, I guess it depends of you, how you feel and stuff like that. Also, the king's voice may be so touching that could make the tears come out. An example: An Evening Prayer .

stillrockin
08-04-2005, 03:47 AM
I'll Remember You.

I Met Her Today.

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain.

It's Midnight.

Love Him Tender
08-11-2005, 04:49 PM
FIRST OF ALL, LONG BLACK LIMOUSINE TEARS ME APART BECAUSE I FEEL IT'S ABOUT HIM, ESPECIALLY THE PART THAT SAYS "ALL MY HEART, ALL MY DREAMS...ARE THERE WITH YOU...IN THAT LONG BLACK LIMOUSINE"!!! :lmfao:

ALSO OLD SHEP, SOFTLY AS I LEAVE YOU, THE SOUND OF YOUR CRY, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE..... :'(

carolynlm
08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Lonnie, where can I listen to the May 22nd show you mentioned?

richardo316
08-11-2005, 11:35 PM
i hate to admitt it but hurt, my way and memories tends to bring tears to my eyes:sad:

SANDRA
08-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Stand By Me..
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Bridge Over Troubled Water...
For The Good Times..

And many others..:'(

thijs077
08-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Stand By me
Mama Liked The Roses
Until It's Time For You To Go
Pieces Of My Life
For Ol' Times sake (1973) (funny, nobody mentions this song, it's so sweet and sad)
It's easy for you (the take on the jungle room sessions album. It's amazing!)
It's Still Here
I Need You So (especialy on the end when the line comes right out of his soul)
How's The World Treating You

EnigmaticSun
08-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Yes, For Old Times Sake is very good - Elvis' version really kills me.

I also like Always On My Mind, Seperate Ways, Fool, Until It's Time For You To Go, It's Still Here, Where Do I Go From Here, It's A Matter Of Time, Mr. Songman, It's Midnight, It's Over, I Miss You, No More (especially the Aloha version), Hurt, You Gave Me A Mountain, Danny Boy, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain..

Does any of you know the song 'Padre'..?

Lonniebealestreet
08-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, Padre's way underrated, IMO.

How about If We Never Meet Again?

If we never meet again this side of Heaven
I will meet you on that beautiful shore

On the He Touched Me videos, they played that song while showing photos and footage of Elvis with Gladys. Very touching.

PM me if you'd like to hear the performance of CHFIL from Largo, Maryland on May 22, 1977.

Lildarling
08-16-2005, 09:16 AM
My way...just to hear those meaningful words makes me cry....
Loving you...
For the good times
I'll never gonna fall in love
and many more...especially today:king: :notworthy :'( :'( :'( :'(

iloveelvis05
06-06-2006, 12:17 PM
thanks for all of the replies everyone! i love receiving all of your feedback. :D

ForeverTheKing
06-06-2006, 12:31 PM
I cry :'( with...

My Way
An American Trilogy
Danny Boy
Indescrably Blue
How Great Thou Art
Solitaire
Always On My Mind
Bridge Over Troubled Water

Sattnin
06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Mine are:

Always On My Mind
In the Ghetto
American Trilogy
Seperate Ways
Unchained Melody
He Touched Me
Stand By Me
How Great Thou Art

mozzarella
06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Mama liked the roses 1st
then Always on my mind, Separate ways, My way (from 1977), Memories, Mary in the morning, My boy, Let it be me, Make the world go away. There a some more I guess that don't come to mind at the moment.

Elvis-fan
06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
My :'( :'( :'( Songs

I'll Remember You
Hurt
Unchained Melody
American Trilogy
Softly As I Leave You
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/elvis-fan/elvis/elvistear.jpg Elvis-fan :'( :'(

Awickedreigndrop
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Hmm, let me think. The songs I get emotional with are:

:'( I'll Remember You
:'( Don't Cry Daddy
:'( You Don't Know Me
:'( You'll Never Walk Alone...

There's a strange thing about You'll Never Walk Alone. It was in my dream... When I woke up I teared up and I didn't know why.

FlamingStar
06-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm So Lonesome I Cold Cry, Unchained Meoody, The Sound Of Your Cry, Always On My Mind and Love Song Of The Year :'(

Cilla
06-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Unchained Melody
My Way
You'll Never Walk Alone
Always On My Mind
I'll Rememeber you
An American Trilogy
Hurt

mozzarella
06-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Anything that's part of you
Good time Charlie's got the blues
Until it's time for you to go
Miracle of the Rosary
And I love you so
Blue moon
When I'm over you
Thinking about you
The sound of your cry
Life
Can't help falling in love

But I suppose if we saw Elvis live today we would cry during the entire concert no matter what he would sing...:'(

TEDDYBEAR64
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Always On My Mind

Diane
06-06-2006, 07:28 PM
If We Never Meet Again

Always on My Mind

If I Can Dream

In The Ghetto

You Gave Me A Mountain

There Goes My Everything

Terry the Ted
06-06-2006, 07:39 PM
The very first time I saw Lisa Marie Perform with her Dad on video, I cried my eye out!! :'( :'( :'( I'm a grown man, but it really got to me. Luckily my wife and daughter had gone to the shops ;)

Apart from that, My Way and Unchained Melody from '77 always make me a bit tearful.

Oh, and i suppose the 'Clambake' soundtrack is enough to bring a tear to anyones eyes!!! :lmfao: :P :lmfao:

Menwithbrokenhearts
06-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I agree about the Lisa Marie/ Dad video. Pretty moving to watch. Also watching him perform "Unchained Melody, How Great Thou Art, My Way and Hurt" in 77 get me. I get chills everytime I see him do " American Trilogy, I'm so Lonesome... " on Aloha. Same with "If I can Dream" from 68 Comeback.

As far as listening. I'd have to say My Boy, You'll Never Walk Alone, Pieces of My life, Seperate Ways, Love Letters, Danny Boy, Bridge over Troubled Water - from the last concert in Ind. , "Nobody Noticed It" - Lisa Marie's song about her dad.

Ok, I admitted it. SSSHHHH! Don't tell anybody!:blush: :D

bethqk
06-07-2006, 04:11 AM
Hello.

Memories

David
06-07-2006, 05:26 AM
"Never Again"

when a girl broke my heart three years ago :'(

TCE
06-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I always cry when I hear : My way, Old shep, mama liked the roses, alwys on my mind

Christel (TCE)

iloveelvis05
06-07-2006, 03:58 PM
My :'( :'( :'( Songs

I'll Remember You
Hurt
Unchained Melody
American Trilogy
Softly As I Leave You
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/elvis-fan/elvis/elvistear.jpg Elvis-fan :'( :'(

you know...that picture of Elvis above me...he's NOT really crying. that's just sweat. it's from Aloha and if you watch it, it's clearly just sweat. people always assume that it's a picture of Elvis crying. but i'm sorry...it's not.

franny
06-07-2006, 06:05 PM
I cry when I hear the songs Memories and Mama Liked The Roses...

franny

mistymorning
06-07-2006, 10:28 PM
I,ve cried many times with his songs, sometimes out of sorrow , sometimes out of pride, or sometimes just out of beauty of his voice and the way he performs the songs. and at last sometimes I feel so lonesome for elvis while listening his songs that I can,t help crying:
1- make the world goway
2-mama liked the roses
3-American trilogy
4-don,t cry daddy
5-kentucky rain
6-hurt
7-green green grass of home
8-I miss you
9-my boy
10-solitaire

riley
06-07-2006, 11:24 PM
there are a lot of emotional songs of him that often made me sad.

Especially when you know the man's life you begin to relate a lot of songs to his moods and feelings at that time.

seperate ways
always on my mind
american trilogy
my way
my boy
solitaire
danny boy
the duet with lisa don't cry daddy
the tribute song old friend of bill medley (with this one I cry guaranteed)

riley

lovemetender1593
06-08-2006, 11:18 AM
i totally started crying in the duet of dont cry daddy! it was soooo sad! :(

Cherokee
06-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Stand by me

American Trilogy

Danny Boy

The duet version of Don't cry daddy was too manufactured to bring out emotion in me and too many audio tricks were used in the mix to bend it around Lisa's limited vocals.

TCBinAZ
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Several of his songs make me sad
but these are the ones that make me cry!...Everytime!

Softly as I leave You
Old Shep
Danny Boy

ForeverTheKing
06-14-2006, 01:51 AM
Another song I cry with..MY HAPPYNESS..it happened few days ago!

I don't know why...maybe because it's the first song recorded...anyway, his voice is really sweet and it seems he really was singing it for his loving mother..:'(

elvis fan 1976
06-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Somtimes i cry when he sings "Stand By Me", "Never Again" :'(

polksaladhasie
06-15-2006, 12:32 AM
The duet with Lisa Marie :'( was sooo sad, I cried a river.

And Softly as I leave you
Hurt
You?ll never walk alone
and the footage "Unchained Melody" as I saw it for the first time

rick
06-15-2006, 04:33 AM
I've jest been listening to his 77 live version of Where no One Stands Alone. That will get the tear ducts moving
rick

Erik van den Berg
06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
My Way (in concert '77 version) is very special to me and I have let many tears during the lisning to this song. The words the melody it's just a song about life...

P.Tiare
06-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I always cry when I see lisa with elvis singing don't cry daddy.
but the songs that always make me cry are
are you lonesome tonight , american trilogy and always on my mind

there are other songs that make me sad too.

:'( :'( :'(

claire
06-24-2006, 04:22 PM
The one song that comes to mind is I did it my way. I feel Elvis' emotions in this song and it makes me tjhink he never had the chance to do it his way........what do you think?

Lee82
06-24-2006, 08:18 PM
I've cried while listening to "If We Never Meet Again." :'(

rebby
08-06-2006, 12:13 PM
always cry when i listen to Unchained Melody 1977, softly As I Leave You, peices of my life, Elvis' original version of Don't Cry Daddy, Peace In The Valley 1956, the twelfth of never, and in the ghetto.. yet these are the ones I always want to listen to!! very strange indeed :'(

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-07-2006, 12:14 AM
always cry when i listen to Unchained Melody 1977, softly As I Leave You, peices of my life, Elvis' original version of Don't Cry Daddy, Peace In The Valley 1956, the twelfth of never, and in the ghetto.. yet these are the ones I always want to listen to!! very strange indeed :'(

It's not that strange! They get to you because they strike a chord in you. I do the same thing. I'm sure many do!

riley
08-07-2006, 05:19 AM
This one I made myself.

It's not an elvissong, but the lyrics together with the pics I choose made me feel very sad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK_v9A9JlCY

Riley

rebby
08-07-2006, 06:54 AM
wow that was beautiful, it had me crying. Very well done. It was lovely!!!!!!:'( :D

lovemetender1593
08-07-2006, 08:32 AM
on Elvis insider some one posted one like this w/ the same song about a month ago and i cried EVERY time i watched it! lol its beautiful you should watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1yfMUx9g80

MainelyElvisgal
10-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I agree with you dear Elvis Fans. For me, I guess Unchained Melody is a sad song. The way Elvis sings it on his last live concert just break my heart. Others...

If I Can Dream
Just Pretend
My Way

The list could grow more and more. And it isn't because Elvis' songs were sad, I guess it depends of you, how you feel and stuff like that. Also, the king's voice may be so touching that could make the tears come out. An example: An Evening Prayer .

I so agree with you here.
:notworthy

MainelyElvisgal
10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
There are many songs elvis did that make me cry to this day- the first for me was Don't Cry Daddy
then, You were Always on my Mind
Hurt
The Wonder of You
My Way
and the list goes on
this was my first attempt at puting together a tribute- the next will be better:-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfs3SCGDeI

Dudcowboy_1
10-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I cry everytime when he sings "My Way" to me tht was his song his theme song....

Only other one i cry is when I listen to his very last concert and he sing Can't Help Falling In Love, because that would be his final goodbye to everyone.

Love to all,

Tim Dudley
http://www.geocities.com/dudcowboy_1/

Polk-Salad-Annie
10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
I cry every time i hear and see the video of Unchained Melody from 1977 and every time i hear My Way.:'(

riley
10-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Mainely Elvisgal,

I liked your youtube but the pics went sooo fast, I could hardly see them.

There were two who really catched my eyes , is it possible to post them here.

In the beginning of your clip there is one with a very young Elvis on it (in his teens)together with a man (perhaps family)

and also there is one of Priscilla sitting in her Las Vegas booth where she is wearing a white top and smiling at the camera

I would love to add those two to my collection of pics.

I would be most grateful to you.:notworthy

Riley

ELV1S
10-08-2006, 05:53 AM
the lighthouse..although not a proper release i heard it at a time of great sorrow in my personal life ...now everytime its played it gets to me

i agree, the gospel songs hit me the most, emotionally

(y)

GirlHappy19
10-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey guys! I was just wondering...what songs of the King's have ya'll ever got real emotional during and even cried??

I cried when I heard Elvis sing "Unchained Melody" for the first time. Wow...it was amazing! And I also cried during the song "American Trilogy"...it was also one of the first times I had heard it. :'(

If there is more than one...list them all please! :)

"Don't cry daddy"With Lisa."My way"Are you lonesome tonite?"Im so lonsome I could cry""Blue Christmas"I'll be home for Christmas"First Xmas adter he died 1977 I was going thrugh some hard times and l was driving down a highway and I was playing "Blue Cristhmas"I sure did cried.It was sad to know he was gone.Sometimes still is sad to know that he left and we'll never see him again:'(

Talvis
10-08-2006, 10:13 AM
There are a few songs that make me cry every time i hear them.

Unchained Melody :'( :'(
If I can dream:'( :'(
Softly As I Leave You :'( :'( :'( :'(

These songs realy touch me a lot. But also his gospels are very moving. He gave them so much feeling and made them so strong.

MISSCLAWDY
10-09-2006, 10:41 AM
I cry when I listen to MY WAY, because it makes me remember of a specific period of my life, and I cry when I listen to OLD SHEP, SOFTLY AS I LEAVE YOU and SOLITAIRE.

rickster
10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi Folks,
songs by Elvis that really choke me up are:

An Evening Prayer.
Stand By Me.
I Miss You.
It's Impossible.
Life.
Without Love.
Until It's Time For You To Go.

these are the most important ones, but there are several more that just move me and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

but these are the ones that just plain destroy me emotionally.

cheers, rickster.:D

Sammy4Elvis
10-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Just Pretend and For The Good Times. :'(

Cryogenic
10-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Men don't admit to crying. Do they? :D

That said... I'm with Elvis: "I get carried away very easily ... emotional son of a *****!"

Danny Boy has moved me to tears. It's a staggering record by a staggering artist. You have not heard Danny Boy until you've heard Elvis sing it. Period.

buttonhead
10-10-2006, 06:27 PM
men do cry.... they just won't admit it :P

'You're Always On My Mind ' and ' I'll Remember You' ...i can cry the whole nite listening to both songs over and over again ..

Cryogenic
10-10-2006, 07:01 PM
men do cry.... they just won't admit it :P

So, you agree with me, Mrs Head?

May I call you Mrs Head?

Mrs Head... do you give good................. button? ;)

"I'll Remember You" is a nice catch. There is something unearthly about this song. It's extra sad when you think Kui Lee wrote and performed this before Elvis and died of cancer at 34.

MISSCLAWDY
10-13-2006, 04:08 AM
Unchained Melody 77 version makes me cry as well..... and I have to say the first time I played "Elvis in concert" cd, and he started singing , I cried my heart out...:'(

orwell1976
10-15-2006, 02:15 AM
I have to cry during songs like CONFIDENCE and DO THE CLAM. Such a waste of time, money and talent...

Cryogenic
10-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I have to cry during songs like CONFIDENCE and DO THE CLAM. Such a waste of time, money and talent...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Menwithbrokenhearts
10-16-2006, 12:20 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: lol:laughing: laughing:laughing:laughing:

U.S. Male
10-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Old Shep:'(

Diane
10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
PLEASE don't even mention Old Shep! I skip over it every single time it comes on my CD - can't take it. By the way who shot the dog on yesterday's radio program???? Great program but that was adding insult to injury for sure.:'( :D

Donut
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
"Danny Boy" and "For the good times" for sure. Well... when he says "lay your warm and sweaty body next to mine" I come back to earth LOL.:)

Lisarose
01-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Do You Know Who I am
Don't Cry Daddy (with Lisa Marie)
Lead Me Guide Me

tilly01
01-15-2007, 06:43 AM
for me danny boy and unchained melody from 77 when he smiles at charlie justs melts my heart

Katie
01-15-2007, 10:39 AM
My Way
American Trilogy
I'll Remember You
Memories

srj1967
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM

Why do people knock Do The Clam? Of all the "bad" movie songs, this is probably one of his best!

It's also the second Elvis song I learned the words to (the first being Blue Suede Shoes). I have an old reel-to-reel tape somewhere from 1969, with me as a two-year-old singing both.

Don't knock the Clam, man! :P

As for Elvis songs which make me cry. There's only one now, and I can hardly listen to it anymore. An American Trilogy. It was my mother's favourite Elvis track, and she's been dead for almost four years now. It affected me in October when I saw the TCB Band perform it. We played Sinatra's version of My Way at her funeral (he was her favourite singer), so I don't like to hear Elvis' version much any more, really.

And my 85-year-old Dad says he wants Elvis' version of Danny Boy played when he eventually pops off this planet, so I know I'll never listen to Elvis' version ever again after that dreaded day ...

Trev1
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I Met Her Today

Love Letters

Pieces of my Life

Lonley Man

I'll Be Home For Christmas

My Happiness

Love Me Tonight

American Trilogy

Don't

Memories

:'(

Trev1
01-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, For Old Times Sake is very good - Elvis' version really kills me.

I also like Always On My Mind, Seperate Ways, Fool, Until It's Time For You To Go, It's Still Here, Where Do I Go From Here, It's A Matter Of Time, Mr. Songman, It's Midnight, It's Over, I Miss You, No More (especially the Aloha version), Hurt, You Gave Me A Mountain, Danny Boy, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain..

Does any of you know the song 'Padre'..?

"Just For Old Times Sake" (not the above song but an early 60s Nashville recording) is also a lovely ballad that no one ever mentions, really well sung song....
"It Hurts Me" is a cert to make you emotional as well. Great number :notworthy

Trev1
01-15-2007, 01:20 PM
"They remind me too much of you" is another great one (y)