PDA

View Full Version : fav. t.v. performance

geordie
05-18-2005, 10:23 AM
whats youre fav. t.v performance from the 50s.i know they are all great,but i especially love DONT BE CRUEL from the ed. sullivan from the waist up show.what a waste of time doing that was,elvis simply smouldered sex on that performance ( and im a bloke :lmfao: ) the way at the end when he puts his arm up says( HE WE GO ) to the boys and then laughs at himself.sex appeal and humour rolled into one:notworthy

nabelt24
05-18-2005, 10:54 AM
It seems that the most popular performance of "Hound Dog" was from the Milton Berle Show.... and as fantastic as that truly is.... I actually love the performance he gave later on the Ed Sullivan Show. The one where he's got his guitar on with the leather cover... he crosses his legs at somepoint while standing in one spot? I'm not sure of the date of the performance, but that would be my favorite. I also love his performance of "Ready Teddy" from an early broadcast on Ed Sullivan.

MysteryTrain
05-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I have to go for Ready Teddy from Ed Sullivan show 1956. It's pure rock and i think shows us most how wild Elvis would be on stage in the 50's.

Jungleroom76
05-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Well, I have to say the performance of HOUND DOG from the Milton Berle Show is one of my favorites....if only because when I watch it and think of all the parents that were up-in-arms over his performance back then, all I can think of is what if those same parents were alive today and could see some of the TRULY VULGAR antics that go on in the music world today?? If Elvis' gyrations were upsetting to them back in 1956, the antics of today would certainly drive all of them to an early grave!!!!

My other favorite performance from the 50's was the BLUE SUEDE SHOES routine with Milton Berle from the U.S.S. Hancock. While some people seem to think that the whole sketch might have poked a little too much fun at Elvis, I thought it was quite amusing! I also enjoyed the skit from the Steve Allen Show with Elvis, Steve, Imogene Coca and Andy Griffith. Just watching these skits shows what true comedic timing Elvis had, when he had decent material to work with!

TCB!
Mike

Captain Elwood David
05-19-2005, 03:34 AM
Sorry guys,

I'm gonna have to choose one from the 70's:

"Elvis In Concert - CBS - 1977." :D

(Hope nobody fainted ........... )

- Capt. "EL."

Jungleroom76
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Sorry guys,

I'm gonna have to choose one from the 70's:

"Elvis In Concert - CBS - 1977." :D

(Hope nobody fainted ........... )

- Capt. "EL."

WOW!!! DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING!!!! :goggles: ;)

EXCELLENT CHOICE AS ALWAYS CAPPY!!!! :king:

TCB!
Mike