PDA

View Full Version : Recent story going around....

acmilan
05-16-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.ntlworld.com/partners/mrib/N39226.php

:hmm: Seems a bit like another bizarre story trying to put his good name down?

Would like to see others opinions on this?

pacer1965
05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Elvis is a Hitler lover.
Whatever will they think up next:cursing:

nabelt24
05-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Whatever!!! That's a bunch of B.S.!!!! They're just trying to build on the latest Elvis hype going on. If any pictures did come out, I'd have a hard time believing them knowing what they can do with photoshop now days!!!

Cryogenic
05-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Shit stirring.

Elvis had many problems - but being a racist pig and exponent of Hitler and the Nazi party were not amongst them.
If this news bulletin is even legitimate, then the footage itself could be fabricated or, even if real, is being spun entirely out of context. And look which paper the bulletin implies the story was first sold to: The Sun. Yes, that purveyor of the unembellished and wholesome truth. :lmfao:

Captain Elwood David
05-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Yet another example as to why "critical thinking" is important:

1. The footage is nothing "new."

2. It is nothing more than EP just joking around on vacation in his early rise to stardom days.

3. Taking something out-of-context & making into something it is not --------> is done for ATTENTION & MONEY.

4. Only the ignorant will pay it more attention than it deserves or get all hot under the collar about it.

Anyway you slice it, ........... it is a waste of time.

- Capt. "EL."

Liverbobs
05-16-2005, 11:22 PM
This comes initially from the UK SUN :angry: newspaper, the samepathetic newspaper that said Liverpool fans were urinating on and robbing the dead and dying bodies at the Hillsborough football disaster in 1989, it is a useless, worthless rag that's not worth wiping your backside with, it will print anything to sell those few extra copies and should be avoided like the plague, I remember during the miner's strike inthe 80's where union boss Arthur Scargill was waving to the crowd at one of the rallies, the sun photographer took several pictures and got one that looked like he was doing a nazi salute, guess which one was on the front page?
My opinion is Elvis was joking about, Freddie Starr made a career out of dressing up as Hitler, no one said anything about him.

T_J
05-17-2005, 06:36 AM
The footage is from one of the Eddie Fadel fishing trips in 1956 and has been around for ages. The guy who contacted the Sun has evidently tried to suggest that he has something new and unique by saying that the only version of it has been residing in his loft for years. Fadel was a WWII veteran who brought back the hats from Europe as souveniers/trophies of the Allied victory - certainly not to glorify the Nazis. Elvis and the guys were wearing the hats to shield themselves from the sun and then just clowned around mocking the Nazis. No big deal at all, unless spun to be something else by a mindless a**hole such as Alex Peake of the Sun. The original story is here:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005220460,,00.html

Anyone who wishes to contact The Sun about this ludicrous joke of a story can email [email protected] Perhaps it could be pointed out that one of Elvis' heroes was General Patton - hardly compatible with the Elvis Nazi theory. Show your disgust, but let's not sink to their level and get too abusive eh? We don't want a follow up story about barmy Elvis fans ;)

Albert
05-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Well, that's nothing new. I've seen the footage before and didn't find it shocking. It's clear to see that the way Elvis dressed or behaved had nothing to do with any Nazi symphaty.

And I think that even non-Elvis fans easily agree with me when they see the footage. Everybody insinuating somthing like this only makes a fool out of himself.

A shame nonetheless

Captain Elwood David
05-17-2005, 09:08 AM
The guy who contacted the Sun has evidently tried to suggest that he has something new and unique by saying that the only version of it has been residing in his loft for years.
This is a typical story-line found with the bogus (either provenance and / or items).

- Capt. "EL."

Cherokee
05-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm also a BeeGees fan and remember a similar thing happening to one of the Gibb brothers during their big successes either in the late sixties or early seventies. Robin Gibb is a real history buff especially anything to do with Winston Churchill and WWII.
Somebody witnessed him buying a book on the rise and fall of Hitler in a bookstore and spilled it to some tabloid. The next moment the newspapers and magazines had headlines with "The BeeGees are admirers of Adolf Hitler":rolleyes: (so not even just the one brother, no immediately the entire band was fan of Adolf......) They spent many interviews after that having to explain everything in the following years.......:doh:

spinout-designs
05-17-2005, 11:06 AM
The footage is from one of the Eddie Fadel fishing trips in 1956 and has been around for ages. Just to correct you, the footage was filmed by a guy called Eddie Bellman who was June Juanico's mothers boyfriend. The film was shot during a fishing trip at the time Elvis was in Biloxi with June Juanico and extensive footage of the trip features in the documentary 'Elvis and June'.

(Eddie Fadal's home movies were shot in Waco, Texas)

We are told that Mr Bellman had borrowed his friends charter boat for the trip and had brought along the German officers caps to shield the passengers from the sun. Upon close inspection of the footage, whether Elvis is even saluting at all (rather than just pointing or shielding his face from the sun) is debatable, and there is certainly nothing sinister about his actions in any event.

This footage has been legitimately available for years, on video tape and more recently on DVD, additionally the documentary has even been broadcast on the VH1 music channel !

The newspaper article in question is all the more cynical given all it would have taken was either a quick email to a fan club, or a question posted on a forum such as this by the journalist enquiring if anyone had background information on the featured pictures, and the real story would have been uncovered in no time.

Nonsense, complete nonsense................ sadly, however, this story is probably destined to be repeated in the future by at least some of those that do not question anything they read in the papers, and thus another myth is in danger of being created.(n)

Cryogenic
05-17-2005, 12:32 PM
How to write for a trashy rag like The Sun:

1) Find a potentially incriminating image.
2) Construct a badly-written, one-sided article.
3) Throw in words like "disgusting", "sickening", "vile" and "perverted".

Lather, rinse, repeat. Make money.

T_J
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Just to correct you, the footage was filmed by a guy called Eddie Bellman who was June Juanico's mothers boyfriend. The film was shot during a fishing trip at the time Elvis was in Biloxi with June Juanico and extensive footage of the trip features in the documentary 'Elvis and June'.

(Eddie Fadal's home movies were shot in Waco, Texas)

Yes of course :blush: Getting my Eddies mixed up. Thanks ;)

spinout-designs
05-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Yes of course :blush: Getting my Eddies mixed up. Thanks ;)You don't wanna go mixing your Eddie's now do ya. :lol:

Sattnin
05-17-2005, 02:40 PM
I think that's a bunch of Bull :censored: !!!!!! :angry:

IM4Elvis
05-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Friends,
In my opinion we do not have to dignify a story like that with a response at all. (n)

However, There is a story out of the '70s where Elvis refused to play the Astrodome unless the Sweet Inspiration were allowed to perform with him. That's a story which is based in fact. Why isn't that one making the rounds again? I'm always suspicious of the motives behind suddenly looking at film and making an interpretation more than 40 years after the fact! :angry:

Captain Elwood David
05-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Friends,
In my opinion we do not have to dignify a story like that with a response at all.
I tend to agree, but if nobody responds .......... then ignorance takes hold & perpetuates. New fans are surfacing everywhere - especially in light of EPE's recent mass marketing blitz.

- Capt. "EL."

ph10579
05-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Elvis must have loved being stationed in Germany,so he could learn more about his hero hitler!!!:lol: Just kidding!!!

Cryogenic
05-20-2005, 01:57 PM
You could be onto something there... Elvis got himself conscripted so that he could serve in the Fatherland! It all makes so much sense now. ;)

G.I Blues
05-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Come on guy's this is serious stuff ;) :lmfao:

Captain Elwood David
05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
This also explains why EP fired Marty Lacker.

There is also the story about EP's favorite Luger ..........

- Capt. "EL." ;)

Lonniebealestreet
05-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Martyr Lackey? What about Farry Teller?

Sorry if my spelling gets sloppy. It's just the bourbon.

Captain Elwood David
05-21-2005, 01:53 AM
You mean "Fairy Tailer" :blink: ..... or ...... "Fairy Taler" :D ... ??

- Capt. "EL."

PS - (Inside Joke, folks). ;)

Cryogenic
05-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Don't forget Larry Hair Geller. ;)

Lonniebealestreet
05-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Hee hee.

This name goofin' reminds of something. A year or so ago on another messageboard I referred to Sherrill Nielsen as Sh'rill, and I just recently read in an Elvis magazine someone else calling him that, though without the apostrophe. I'm not saying he must have gotten that from me, but I thought it was pretty funny either way.

I'm quite the fan of cunning linguistics. ;) (With apologies.)

Leroy
05-22-2005, 03:35 AM
I think this tread grows a little to large now. It's not worth to go on about a gag that happened so long ago in an unguarded moment. The more attention we all give this subject the more serious other people'll take it. The cake ain't worth the icing, come on! Let concentrate on real serious matters.

Captain Elwood David
05-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Leroy -

I understand what you are saying and all, but ...... you just inadvertently bumped this thread back to the top again ...... doing the very opposite of what you are saying. ;)

JMO, but ...... I think this thread - ironically - is getting about all the "seriousness" it truly deserves.

----------------------------

- Capt. "EL."

pacer1965
05-22-2005, 04:45 AM
You're so right Capt El (y)
I love your sense of humour :lmfao:

karlos
05-22-2005, 05:17 AM
what a load of rubbish .- its pure shit. i have seen this footage on a dvd that i own and find nothing at all wrong with it .
It Just Elvis on a fishing boat enjoying himself with friends and his family, in 1956 . u can see this footage on a dvd entitled- ELVIS AND JUNE .-

This is just pure crap publicity taken from a national newspaper (THE SUN ) .

I have seen this footage many times and find it not degradable at all. :cool: