PDA

View Full Version : Elvis The Concert 2005

Lildarling
04-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Last night I was in Elvis the concert in Rotterdam.....being at home in Riga:!: My friend sent me first an SMS that said she's waiting for the concert to begin...In two hours she called me and I heard "What now my love" on full blast!!!!!WOOOOW-I was AMAZED-I was able to "attend" Elvis the concert even if not present there(y) She was transmitting "My way" for about 4 minutes...and tried to talk with me (that was almost impossible due to the loudness)...I am still without speech:'(

By the way-for those who attend the concert "in person"- how was it? All I can say-:clap: (y) :king: :cool:

Sonny
04-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi!

I was there and I thought is was absolutely fantastic!
And yes, it was loud, very loud, but it sounded **** good!

It was the fifth time I attended The Concert and I thought it was slightly better than in 2003, and that's not just me, because some of the guys I was with had the same opinion.
The venue was completely sold out (they even added an additional 200 seats on the Arena floor because of the demand).

"What Now My Love" was added to the show after the "Mohegan" concert. "It's Over" was featured at first, but luckily they've dropped that and replaced it with "What Now".

I'm sure most of you who were there in Ahoy will agree with me that we witnessed a truly amazing show, with Paul Leim (Tutt's replacement) doing a fantastic job!
During the introductions the part where Elvis introduces Tutt is edited (thank God), but during "Johnny B Goode" Paul Leim gets the chance to show off.

Overall, a very good (very loud) Elvis concert!

You guys in England are in for a real treat, believe me!

Sonny

geordie
04-30-2005, 01:06 PM
well i hope everybody managed to get these releases( if they wanted them that is?) i got them all,but 3 of them have numbers bigger than 20,000.funny that,i was going to get them anyway,then all this fuss about numbers came out,never mind,i havnt even played one of these releases anyway.

p.s. does anyone know the title of the song that lisa marie sings about her dad.

pps im going to see elvis the concert tomorrow( sun may 1 )ive seen the show twice before and it was great,ive heard theres been some changes,ive also heard that ronnie tutt wont be threre as he is on tour with neil diamond,shame that,still im sure itll still be good.ill try and give you an account of the concert next week.:notworthy :)

Hi Geordie, as you may have noticed I have merged your thread with the "Elvis The Concert" thread, because it seemed the right thing to do, since most reactions to your initial thread are with regard to The Concert... Bye, Sonny.

Cryogenic
04-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Enjoy, enjoy!

I had the opportunity of going - it was in my home city of Birmingham just yesterday!!! - but decided against it. It just wouldn't be the same without the spontaneity and live performance of the man himself. I was actually half tempted for a while, but when I found out that Ronnie Tutt wasn't touring this time, my mind was made up.

But again... enjoy!

NightRider
05-01-2005, 02:40 AM
We went to Birmingham on Friday night. I must say that it was the best one i have ever seen. ( have seen two previous ones).

It was a shame that R.Tutt was absent...but the replacement ( his name escapes me now:blush: ) did a great job. Its a show that comes highly recommended from me. :notworthy

I remember being a little unsure the very first time we went. Not really sure that i would enjoy it. Now...i just wonder how i could have had those thoughts:lol:

Cryogenic
05-01-2005, 03:04 AM
****!

I kinda wish I'd gone. Really. But the tickets were very expensive for a poor student like me. If my inclination had been stronger, I would have said "to hell with it" and coughed up. And if Elvis had survived and was actually performing, I'd have paid whatever they were asking! :D

pacer1965
05-02-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm still looking for a couple of the singles.
I have had to turn to the ebay to get some of them.

I went to Birmingham as well
It was fantastic:cool:

NightRider
05-04-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm still looking for a couple of the singles.
I have had to turn to the ebay to get some of them.

I went to Birmingham as well
It was fantastic:cool:

Which ones are you looking for Lorraine ? I do have some spare copies ( a few )...so you never know:hmm:

rickster
05-04-2005, 05:24 AM
hi folks, well for the 3rd time i decided to go to the elvis show in Glasgow and i have to say that i'm really glad that i did. I would regard this particular show to have been the best that i have seen from all 3. Paul Leim, Ronnie Tutt's replacement did an excellent job and i thought that he was really tight with all the tracks that were thrown at him, congratulations to you Paul, well done:cool: (y) . I did have to admit that i really was'nt looking forward to the show when i found out that Ronnie was'nt going to be there but as i had already paid my money for the ticket there was never any chance of me not going. One track that will stand out from all the others for me was the version of 'polk salad annie', this particular night it sounded as heavy as a sack of spanners and it really rocked!!!!!!. I cannot find one moment throughout the whole show where i thought it could have been improved. Within the opening track i got a nod of approval from James Burton (I was front row, centre stage) and later on I also recieved a smile and a nod of thanks from Jerry Scheff, and if that did'nt round my night off, I also managed to the James Burton guitar pick which was thrown into the crowd by the man himself.
After the show 13 of us who travelled from Edinburgh to Glasgow were invited to the Glasgow based 'ELVIS TOUCH' fan club dance, and i have to say that i for one being a member of the THIS IS ELVIS' club based in edinburgh was particularly impressed with the way that the dance was ran, WELL DONE GUYS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK(y) :clap: , so all in all I had a great monday night and I did'nt get home until about 3 in the morning and i was up at 6 for work, severely knackered but well happy indeed.
I only hope that if the concert comes around again that Ronnie will be there, I'll give it one more bash and then think about calling it quits, I think I've seen the best from them this tour and i would'nt want to spoil the memories, cheers for now, thanks for reading, rickster.

Davey
05-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I went to the 1st Hamersmith show on the 5th May and was very impressed! I especially liked the extended Johnny B Goode as I've always thought this song was a little too short in concert. It was great to hear the band stretch out with solos on this one. The only minor things that I noticed were Elvis' voice was excessively louder than the band. I know Elvis is the star of the show, but it didn't make for a good overall sound mix at times, nut it may have just been like that at this show.

Overall though, it was a wonderful experience. A week or so before the concert, the adverts in the paper had an addition saying 'last time with original cast' so looks like they won't be doing this on the same scale again which would be a shame.