PDA

View Full Version : Tunzi-Elvis Sessions 3

alo
03-09-2005, 03:27 PM
I know this isn't the correct forum to post this, but for some reason the other forum wouldn't let me post a new thread. I just ordered this book and am wondering if anyone else has it and can tell me if I should be looking forward to it or not? Al :hmm:

NightRider
03-09-2005, 03:38 PM
I know this isn't the correct forum to post this, but for some reason the other forum wouldn't let me post a new thread. I just ordered this book and am wondering if anyone else has it and can tell me if I should be looking forward to it or not? Al :hmm:

Hi Al,

Moved it for you (y)

Sorry i can't help on this as i don't have it either yet :'(

alo
03-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks Chris, Al

Lonniebealestreet
03-10-2005, 06:21 AM
I'd love to hear an opinion on this myself from someone who has it, as it's been something I think about getting but just haven't yet, based on some doubts.

Would it be fair to say that Ernst's book maybe doesn't share enough in terms of unreleased recordings and that Tunzi's may give too much--by that I mean because it's too speculative, and that the truth generally speaking is probably somewhere in the middle?

That aspect aside, is the book a quality production? Does Tunzi offer more in the way of session notes? How are the photos? The book is not hardback, is it?

JohanD
03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
The book is not hardback,that's true.

But other then that,it's the Elvis-bible.

The book by Ernst is good,but this one is better.

600 pages of info about sessions,exlusive pics(all in B/W though),lists of soundboards and reel to reel recordings,bootlegsectio,s,complete list of releases since Elvis' death...and many ,many more.

I would highly recommend this book. It's one i will look and search trough over and over again.

His previous sessions books where good,but with volume 3;Tunzi has compiled a masterpiece.

03-11-2005, 05:46 AM
I have it, its a great book.

It does speculate a lot, but to be honest I was wattering at the mouth even thinking of some of the gems that Tunzi mentions! He even speculates on footage, and has a list of Soundboard concerts.

June 26th 1977 was down for a soundboard so who knows..!

NightRider
03-11-2005, 06:26 AM
having already got the previous two volumes....i have been reluctant to fork out the money for this volume. :'(

Having said that...if volume three does contain a whole lot extra to volume two....then i will have to have it :P

So thats the main question i have on it - with having the other two volumes...is it worth the money to get this one ?

Lonniebealestreet
03-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Hmmm...Well, I don't have the other two volumes so I guess I just may need to get it.

Thanks, Johan and 03.

JohanD
03-12-2005, 06:27 AM
So thats the main question i have on it - with having the other two volumes...is it worth the money to get this one ?

Well Chris,ofcourse it's a sort of duplication of information,even some pics, but it's so massive better reseached,better written,clearer on details with lots of new topics,you won't often grab back to the first volumes.

It's worth the money,buddy!!

Only the pic of Elvis ,the Imperials and Mama Cas singing together backstage,Vegas 73 makes up for the investment. :notworthy