PDA

View Full Version : The Lisa Marie

veronik
02-04-2005, 01:22 PM
The Lisa Marie lands at night fall in Ohio where Ernest Rodriguez presents Elvis with a gold record for Blue Blues.Screenshots taken from Elvis The Man And The Music.

Cherokee
02-04-2005, 02:23 PM
The Lisa Marie lands at night fall in Ohio where George Kline presents Elvis with a gold record for Blue Blues.Screenshots taken from Elvis The Man And The Music.

It was June 26, 1977 Indianapolis I think, and the guy was not George Klein but Ernest Rodrigues.

Davey
02-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Wasn't Todd Slaughter there as well?

veronik
02-04-2005, 03:18 PM
It was June 26, 1977 Indianapolis I think, and the guy was not George Klein but Ernest Rodrigues.

Should I take my DVD back to the store and ask for my $69.99 back? :angry:
God I hate this. :cursing: :cursing:

Cherokee
02-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Should I take my DVD back to the store and ask for my $69.99 back? :angry:
God I hate this. :cursing: :cursing:

Wow, what DVD cost that much? :blink: Yes, Todd Slaughter was there, too.... had an odd account of Elvis when he presented Slaughter at the airport with some kind of award. He said Elvis was in horrible condition then, which some fans dispute. I don't know. The man was there, face to face with Elvis, we weren't :hmm: Oh well. :D

veronik
02-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Wow, what DVD cost that much? :blink: Yes, Todd Slaughter was there, too.... had an odd account of Elvis when he presented Slaughter at the airport with some kind of award. He said Elvis was in horrible condition then, which some fans dispute. I don't know. The man was there, face to face with Elvis, we weren't :hmm: Oh well. :D

It cost that much because is a box with three DVd'sAbout 5 hours of pure Elvis. ;)

Lonniebealestreet
02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Great screen captures there, veronik. (y)

spinout-designs
02-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Here's some shots I took some time ago of Elvis re-boarding the plane after the presentation.

veronik
02-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Here's some shots I took some time ago of Elvis re-boarding the plane after the presentation.

Cool I got the landing and you the take off.Do you know the name of the guy
who presented the plaque to Elvis?My DVD's have the wrong info.....if you guys get it straight out to who was the dude let me know ;)

Cherokee
02-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Cool I got the landing and you the take off.Do you know the name of the guy
who presented the plaque to Elvis?My DVD's have the wrong info.....if you guys get it straight out to who was the dude let me know ;)

I told you: manager of the record plant (I think) Ernest Rodrigues! :P

veronik
02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
I told you: manager of the record plant (I think) Ernest Rodrigues! :P

Ok :P Good work (y)

nashville cat
02-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Is it correct to assume that the Moody Blue LP was selling a lot better in 1977 than some of Elvis' other recent releases? (Talking about before his death of course.)

I can't recall any pictures of Elvis being presented with a gold record for Today or Good Times....

How was the LP doing on the charts before Elvis died?

Lonniebealestreet
02-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Someone correct me if I've got a detail wrong here, but that award actually had little to do with the then-success of Moody Blue, which was just released that month. I believe it was the billionth record pressed by RCA. Now, Elvis was the single greatest driving force behind RCA's success, so it was unquestionably appropriate that the award be presented to him (even if the billionth record to have been pressed ended up being someone else's).

I'll let someone else speak to the chart success of Moody Blue prior to August 16. I do believe it was doing well though, particularly on the Billboard country chart.