PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Mosaic

AKing
01-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have just started to play around with making photo mosaic's - Like the one they used on the "Artist of the Century" CD set. I will maybe use this one on a project cover soon... Just wondered what you thought of this concept - Are they cool? Are they silly? What's your take on this technology?
Thanks
A King

to see any photo detail, I had to load this off the forum due to it's file size - just click the link to see it !

Elvis Mosiac (http://members.aol.com:/tdking1364/Elvis/GypsyMosiac.jpg)

NightRider
01-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Thats **** good work Tony (y) Must have taken some time to put together.....awesome :cool: :cool:

AKing
01-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks Chris
Yeah, but it is a fun thing to do although a lot of trial and error...
Glad you like it.
A King
:king:

AKing
01-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Thanks Ron, I would maybe use it as an inlay or inside pic or even a disc pic...
I am working on a few more too! Thanks for the comments! :D

Steve
01-31-2005, 09:32 AM
very good looking!!!!

something differnet & very good.
Nice one.

can't wait to see the rest!!!!

(y) :cool:

Lonniebealestreet
02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Stunning work, Tony!

The only reason I wouldn't use it on a CD is that the the size of a CD cover wouldn't do it justice. Maybe if you're making your own box set cover...

(y)

delvisologist
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
i'm a conservative guy....never too sure about these kinda things....but it looks good! :P

Lonniebealestreet
02-02-2005, 04:57 PM
If I could make one suggestion...

As is often the case with concert photos, there is really no discernible outline of his hair up against the black background, so you get the effect of bald Elvis with no ears. :lol: We're used to seeing that in photos, but it seems like with a little manipulation you could just slightly darken the hair "tiles" (or whatever you'd call them) or lighten the background ones to achieve the desired effect.

...which is easy for me to say! On that note, what program did you use for this?

Jungleroom76
02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING TONY!!!! :cool:

I couldn't even begin to imagine how much work went into that mosiac, but it looks absolutely sensational!!!! I have to agree with Bobby that using that photo on a regular size CD cover would be a waste of the talent you used to create that mosiac!!! Perhaps creating a giant poster would be better!!!! ;)

Regardless of how you choose to use it, I think it will look positively MAGNIFICENT on whatever you choose to use it on!!!! :notworthy

CONGRATULATIONS ON A STUNNING CREATION MY FRIEND!!!

TCB!
Mike

U.S. Male
02-02-2005, 08:50 PM
That is pure art Tony. :D I sure wish I had your talent and patience needed to put together a fine piece such as this. :cool:

AKing
02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys,
Sorry I haven't responded for a while, my time is just not my own at the moment. I looked at several programs for mosiac creating but they were all big bucks $$$$$ - So I simply did this one myself... It took nearly 10 hours to do, but after I started it I just couldn't stop until it was done.

I appreciate the contructive points made above about the hairline etc, but for a first attempt i think it's great too!
Thanks again everyone!
A King