PDA

View Full Version : REQ. cover for custom compilation "Elvis Rock 'n Roll, The Southen Style"

charlie rodgers
01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
i have made a cdr i call
ELVIS
rock&roll
THE SOUTHERN STYLE

1.burning love
2.proud mary(on tour reheasels
3.polk salad annie(on tour reheasels
4.johnny b?good (on tour reheasels
5.t-r-o-u-b-l-e
6.pacht it up
7.see see ride(6363
8.promised land(second 2 none what a great sound this trak got on that cd
9.never been to spain(on tour reheasels
10.if you dont come back
11. i got a feeling in my body
12.cundy cindy(essential 5
13.raised on rock
14.just a little bit
15.find out whats happening
16.stranger in my own home town
17.got my mojo working
18.whole lotta shakin going on
bonus trax
elvis live
1.long tall sally(on stage
2.hound dog (thats the way it was
3.johnny b?good (in person
4. polk salad annie(spring tours

and now to why im posting this
i have seen what some of you guys can do with covers its just avesome very very :cool:some of your works is just beautyful art works much much better than some of the imports and bmg,and ftd covers.
and now to the nitty gritty if any of you have the time and would like to come up with a cover for this title and track listing i would be very grateful.
no live shots but maybe the mug shots (do you now witch ones i mean,their aint so many mug shots off elvis luckely ,and this ones where taking at the same time he had some taking for he?s badge late 70,maybe 71 ) or the ones where he?s walkin down the drive in palm springs with a cigar in his hand and rolled op sleves,and the one where his looking out off the gate,ca 71 used on snowbird.just some ideas for the pictures,im not the designer artist that your guys are .its the original trax ?f nothing else is stated but that should not be writhing on cover only the track listing
but if you dont have the time or cant see anything in this project no sweat.
if i could do it myself i would do it but its out of my artistick(spelbinder?) reach.
the original roustabout

Elvis42
01-25-2005, 10:12 AM
if you can send me some ideas of the pictures you are talking about we will see what we can come up with...I have done only a few covers so far...one was for a custom compilation and I think it came out really good. It was called Nothing But Live... Let me know if your still looking for any help.
J.C.

charlie rodgers
01-26-2005, 08:56 AM
hi elvis42
thanks for your reply i dont have those pics myself i just remember seing them sometime a go on the net i have been seaching for them but cant find them anywhere:hmm: but it dont have to be those pics i was just thinking about using some other pics from the seventys other than live shots but i now their aint so many good clear ofstage shoots from that era their a many candids but it have to look good on a cover not blurry like many of them are .
maybe a shot of elvis on one of his bikes and cut elvis and the bike out of the rest of the picture and place him and the bike on a dirt road like hes driving down the road leaving a cloud of dust behind him if theirs a pic of him on a bike that would fit and could be used ofcause.
eh dont mind those last 4 lines my mind was just wandering a little bit there
i now it can be done but it really takes some work and talent to do it and i dont have the talent myself.i cant remember who but someone did a cover sometime ago called elvis goes folk or something along those lines cutting elvis out of a picture walking in palmsprings on the driveway and placing him looking like he was walking on a road i really think that was a amacing and very different cover one of the best alternate covers i have ever seen it was a very plain and simple cover but it really stood out and fit the theme of the music perfect.
R.D

Elvis42
01-26-2005, 12:41 PM
hi elvis42
thanks for your reply i dont have those pics myself i just remember seing them sometime a go on the net i have been seaching for them but cant find them anywhere:hmm: but it dont have to be those pics i was just thinking about using some other pics from the seventys other than live shots but i now their aint so many good clear ofstage shoots from that era their a many candids but it have to look good on a cover not blurry like many of them are .
maybe a shot of elvis on one of his bikes and cut elvis and the bike out of the rest of the picture and place him and the bike on a dirt road like hes driving down the road leaving a cloud of dust behind him if theirs a pic of him on a bike that would fit and could be used ofcause.
eh dont mind those last 4 lines my mind was just wandering a little bit there
i now it can be done but it really takes some work and talent to do it and i dont have the talent myself.i cant remember who but someone did a cover sometime ago called elvis goes folk or something along those lines cutting elvis out of a picture walking in palmsprings on the driveway and placing him looking like he was walking on a road i really think that was a amacing and very different cover one of the best alternate covers i have ever seen it was a very plain and simple cover but it really stood out and fit the theme of the music perfect.
R.D

R.D
Hi.. I can think of only two covers off the top of my head that might fit that description. Nightrider did an absolutely beautiful cover for the "Southbound" CD with a picture of Elvis on a motorcycle and Unchained did a beautiful cover with Elvis and a bridge in the background, I don't remember the name of the CD off hand. I am sure that there any many more on here in the alternate covers section. Let me search around and see what I can come up with and I will get back with you when I find something ok?
J.C.